Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

How Can I Go About It: Re-partition - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Go About It: Re-partition (668 Views)

How To Partition The Computer System / How To Break Partition In Windows 7 / How Do I Get Back Deleted Partition Disc Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Go About It: Re-partition by mat6plus: 3:52pm On Jan 20, 2010
Please am having an issue with my Laptop. I have 3 partitions on it and now I want to remove it and make it
just one becos the C: is so small that it hardly install any program.
My question is how do I possibly cancel the partitions without any lost data
to make it just the C drive or possibly increase the size of the C:
please any In house GURU help me out.
Cares,
Re: How Can I Go About It: Re-partition by afrobaby(f): 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2010
Right Click on my computer, go to manage
click Storage, and then click Disk Management.
Right-click the partition, logical drive, or basic volume you want to delete, and then click Delete Partition.
If the menu item reads Delete Volume instead of Delete Partition, the volume is a dynamic volume.but pls, endeavor to copy all ur files to the other partition before deleting it cos u will loose all d data on it
Re: How Can I Go About It: Re-partition by audacious: 9:19pm On Jan 20, 2010
http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm

Follow the supplied link and download the free partition management software. You can use it to increase the size of your C:\ drive from the other partitions.
Re: How Can I Go About It: Re-partition by mat6plus: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2010
Thanks a million Afrobaby I'll try that,
Re: How Can I Go About It: Re-partition by blackweaver(m): 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2010
@mat6 warning, that will only work on vista and win7, it won't work on xp or better still, if you have (or can get) partition magic, it allows you to resize partitions; some linux livecds also allow you e.g. ubuntu livecd comes with a program called gparted which will allow you to resize your partitions without losing data; another option is to change the way you arrange your files; instead of putting your pictures and music files in your "my documents folder" you can create another folder in drive d: or e: and put a shortcut to it on your desktop and move those file there; so that only your system files reside on drive c:

(1) (Reply)

Buy A Complete Desktop System / Student Bodies: The Benefits of Student Departmental Bodies Owning A Website (Be / Laptop Error Msg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.