Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue (1050 Views)

We're Well Prepared To Defend Ourselves– Herdsmen Vow Not To Relocate From South / APC Legal Directorate To Atiku: We’ll Defend Buhari / Anti-Open Grazing Law: Mansur Dan-Ali, A Disgrace To Democracy - Benue APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Blue3k(m): 7:09pm On Jun 08, 2017
… as Taraba professionals back Amnesty Int’l on farmers/herdsmen’s probe

By Emma Ujah, Abuja Bureau Chief, & Peter Duru

MAKURDI—The leadership of the three major ethnic groups in Benue State—Mdzough U Tiv, Ochetoha K’Idoma and Onmiyi Igede— have charged the people to defend themselves and resist any attempt by members of Mayetti Allah Kautal Hore to invade the state over the state’s Open Grazing Prohibition Establishment Law, 2017, popularly called Anti-Open Grazing Law.

The call was sequel to a media briefing by the leadership of Mayetti Allah Kautal Hore, which urged its members to resist the law.

At a briefing yesterday in Makurdi, the leaders of the socio-cultural groups, led by Chief Edward Ojege, President General Mdzough U Tiv, threw their weight behind Governor Samuel Ortom and the new law, urging all the communities in the state to form vigilante groups to ensure peaceful co-existence in the villages.

Amnesty international’s investigation

Meanwhile, the Association of Southern Taraba Professionals has thrown its weight behind Amnesty International’s decision to investigate the killings resulting from clashes between farmers and herdsmen in Southern Taraba State.

The professionals, also called G-20 Club, said yesterday in Abuja that Amnesty International’s investigation remained the most potent means of unearthing “the unreported atrocities of herdsmen on farming communities in the area.”

Engr. Yakubu Audu, President of the Club, described the action as “timely and commendable” and that it would “afford the world the opportunity of appreciating the enormity of carnage that has been perpetuated by the grazers in the area, which were hitherto not reported.”

He said the probe will expose those behind the atrocities, as the organisation was independent.

According to Audu, “farmers in Takun, Ussa and Donga Local Government areas were forced to abandon their farms following attacks by invading herdsmen.

“Apart from about 20 lives that were lost recently, the inability of surviving farmers to return to their farms and continue with crops planting will result to famine at the end of the year.”

While commending the state government and other sons and daughters of the area for coming to the aid of the displaced victims, he wondered what role the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, is playing over the fate of displaced people.

… if FG fails us…

On the anti-open grazing bill, Benue ethnic groups’ leaders leaders said: “All Benue ethnic groups also take exception to the characterisation of the Anti-Open Grazing Law by the leadership of the Mayetti Allah Kautal Hore as ‘wicked, obnoxious and repressive’.

“There is neither historical, archaeological nor anthropological evidence to indicate that the Fulani ever inhabited the Benue Valley at any time before the advent of the Benue people.

“The recent claim by Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore that they were in the Benue Valley before the our people is not only ridiculous, but also a lie concocted to support a desperate and diabolical claim on our ancestral lands.

“We are ready to resist this aggression with all the legitimate means that we can mobilise.

“We will not attack anyone, but if our people are attacked they will have to defend themselves. If the Federal Government cannot protect us, we will protect ourselves.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/resistance-anti-open-grazing-law-well-defend-fg-fails-us-benue-leaders-vow/

Front Page: Lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by BlowBack: 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2017
Buhari the compound idiot has finally ushered in Uthman Dan Fodio's nightmare that his fulani people will be chased out of nijeriya

1 Like

Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Kyase(m): 7:30pm On Jun 08, 2017
BlowBack:
Buhari the compound idiot has finally ushered in Uthman Dan Fodio's nightmare that his fulani people will be chased out of nijeriya

osibanjo is too quiet for my liking. For this fulani issues alone, Buhari has lost my support.
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by BlowBack: 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
Kyase:
osibanjo is too quiet for my liking. For this fulani issues alone, Buhari has lost my support.

Never!

You will continue chanting Chanji till you die

Wailers form ti torn

2 Likes

Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Kyase(m): 7:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
BlowBack:

Never!
Wailers form ti torn
Not supporting baba doesn't make me a wailer.
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Kyase(m): 7:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
BlowBack:

Never!
Wailers form ti torn
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Blue3k(m): 7:37pm On Jun 08, 2017
Smart move dont trust the inept government to protect you. The Amnesty international investigation will be the most interesting. The senate is taking forever to release their investigation on the matter. Some states are doing well to turn the tide like Benue by putting in the anti grazing policy.
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by BlowBack: 7:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
Kyase:

Then you must be a shiite
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Kyase(m): 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
BlowBack:

Then you must be a shiite
hahahahaha neither
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by BlowBack: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
Kyase:
hahahahaha neither

I know this handle as a chronic zombie

You can not be cured now

So says Dr Revdesmondjuju

1 Like

Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Kyase(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
BlowBack:

I know this handle as a chronic zombie
You can not be cured now

So says Dr Revdesmondjuju
na you get your mouth
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by BlowBack: 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
Kyase:
na you get your mouth

Zombie
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Kyase(m): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
BlowBack:

Zombie
go sleep
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by BlowBack: 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
Kyase:
go sleep

Wake up
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by CarlosTheJackal: 7:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
Kyase:
Zombie stop lying
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Gravas(m): 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
First of all, kudos to the leaders of Tiv, Idoma and Igede for taking the unanimous decision to defend the state against fulani terrorists. This is long overdue. But better late than never.
Secondly, the decision by Amnesty International to probe the barbaric killings in Taraba is highly commendable. The probe should cover not only Taraba, but all other areas invaded. There are situations where whole families are wiped out in some communities. This is a crime against humanity. The activities of fulani terrorists coupled with the systematic silence of the FG has lend credence to the agitation by some groups calling for the dissolution of this union. As a matter of fact, if you conduct an opinion poll in Central Nigeria now, more than 90% will choose the side of Biafra. This is a fact! The result will be a rude shock to the core North.
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by DonBobes(m): 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
This is our problem if u ask me. D populace lack confidence in d police. D populace believe in self defense more dan d protection provided by d men in black. Having no confidence in your civil police can resort to wat i call d unthinkable & civil unrest leading to break down of law and orders. Leading to deaths etc. d police need to do more. A case study is north east n bokoharam. U all know what we (NA) are facing daily. God help ds country.
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by EzeUche(m): 1:49am On Jun 09, 2017
More grease to their elbow.

1 Like

Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Blue3k(m): 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2017
It's crazy the herders are claiming it's ok to break law because they were the first there. The elected officials banned it what does that matter. Does you being first give you right to violate other property rights, kill or rape?
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Gravas(m): 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
Blue3k:
It's crazy the herders are claiming it's ok to break law because they were the first there. The elected officials banned it what does that matter. Does you being first give you right to violate other property rights, kill or rape?
That claim of ownership sounds so daft. Imagine fulani laying claims to Benue Valley!
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by coptic: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
Everyone should.

The animals have succeeded in making themselves public enemy number one in this country.
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Gravas(m): 1:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
coptic:
Everyone should.

The animals have succeeded in making themselves public enemy number one in this country.

That is the truth! I hv said that before, i think on this thread. Their criminal activities and the FG's poor handling of the issue is fast changing the game, with Biafra now a viable option for we MB.
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by coptic: 1:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
Gravas:

That is the truth! I hv said that before, i think on this thread. Their criminal activities and the FG's poor handling of the issue is fast changing the game, with Biafra now a viable option for we MB.

Don't mind them.

We'll leave them to their Islamic Republic.

They can blow themselves to pieces for all we care.

This is the worst govt since the formation of this country

1 Like

Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Gravas(m): 1:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
coptic:

Don't mind them.

Who will choose to live in the same country with 'people' whose cows are worth more than human life.
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by Gravas(m): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
coptic:

Don't mind them.

Who will choose to live in the same country with 'people' whose cows are worth more than human life. Nobody.
Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by coptic: 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
Gravas:

Who will choose to live in the same country with 'people' whose cows are worth more than human life. Nobody.

Nobody o, bros.

They are best left to battle it out amongst themselves. We don't want any part in their nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Resistance To Anti-open Grazing Law: We’ll Defend Ourselves If FG Fails, Benue by APCsupporter: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
coptic:

Don't mind them.

and what makes you think you won't be part of the Islamic republic of this country breaks up? some of your comments are just funny. Jos belongs to Norzern Naijeriya

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

To All Southerners/middle Beltans: Igbo Is Only A Code Name For The Core North. / How Do We Restructure Nigeria / I Am Happy Nigerians Don't Buy Foreign Goods, Foods — Buhari (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.