Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Types Of Car Carriers Around The World - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Types Of Car Carriers Around The World (17609 Views)

21 Causes Of Car Accidents That You Should Avoid / Types Of Cars According To Their Body Style / 7 Types Of Cars You May Have A Hard Time Shipping To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by obafemee80(m): 1:32am On Jun 09, 2017
Many auto transport companies have different types of tractor trailers to move your vehicle.Most of the time,your options will boil down to two distinct choices: an open-air trailer or enclosed trailer. These two ways of transporting your vehicle do the same job, but each one of them has their own ways of getting it done, and the subsequent advantages and disadvantages as well.

1) Multiple car open air:

[img]http:///a/img924/8564/ohGtEk.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///a/img923/7616/62wGvS.jpg[/img]

These car carriers do not have a covering over them.These may have usual impacts on the cars. But mostly they:
•Are known to be the most cost effective among all other types of car carriers.
•Are vulnerable to damage but damages do not occur very often.

2)Multiple Enclosed:

[img]http:///a/img923/6536/VRiMj8.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///a/img923/8382/kMJbPj.jpg[/img]

[img]http:///a/img923/9958/GXnZwc.jpg[/img]

These are enclosed on all sides and are long and huge. They carry cars in a safe way and usually are quite expensive too. Apart from that it also has features like:

•These carriers are covered so they provide better protection than all other types of car carriers
•They are more expensive
•They protect cars and trucks from dust and roadside exposed items.
•These carriers keep the cars regulated at a certain temperature – hence weather does not affect your car much.

3)Single open air car:

[img]http:///a/img924/1986/cY3h4T.jpg[/img]

•These cars arrive fast.

4)Single enclosed:

[img]http:///a/img922/8238/X7dSt8.jpg[/img]

Got a vintage car? Can’t afford to get a scratch? This is the safest carrier.

5)Single car carrier:
[img]http:///a/img924/9388/Z22d48.jpg[/img]

The single car carriers might be a better option if you are trying to carry around extremely precious vehicles,such as vintage cars and so on. These also have their advantages and disadvantages. The most important things to note here are:
•They are faster than the multiple car carriers
•In case you doubt that your car is going to get scratched or you want better care for it, single car carriers will suit you.
•It will travel streets more easily and therefore reach you faster.

https://autojosh.com/types-car-carriers-around-world/

5 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 09, 2017
Multiple enclosed is for the super cars.

Mehn see ride

6 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:17am On Jun 09, 2017
shocked shocked shocked shocked•These carriers keep the cars regulated at a certain temperature – hence weather does not affect your car much.

Bet why will you put a car inside a.c? grin

11 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by obafemee80(m): 7:22am On Jun 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Bet why will you put a car inside a.c? grin

These carriers keep the cars regulated at a certain temperature – hence weather does not affect your car much.

Lol grin i know you r only joking grin
At the bolded, what it means is that the carriers have heaters that will be activated during the winter/snow to keep car environment to maybe room temp.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31am On Jun 09, 2017
obafemee80:

These carriers keep the cars regulated at a certain temperature – hence weather does not affect your car much.

Lol grin i know you r only joking grin
At the bolded, what it means is that the carriers have heaters that will be activated during the winter/snow to keep car environment to maybe room temp.

Car cannot cash coold again? Do they now have feelings? shocked grin

31 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by Kizyte(m): 8:09am On Jun 09, 2017
OK, nice, that's what I need to transport my car from one state to another in Nigeria cos of bad road. I can't afford to drive my precious car across states on this our rugged roads.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by NameCheckers: 8:09am On Jun 09, 2017
O boy see ride!
Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by NameCheckers: 8:11am On Jun 09, 2017
BIZZWEALTH:
I will Design A Basic Company Website for 50 people for free. You are not paying me a dime. Its all for free. All you need to ensure is that we handle your hosting and domain. You will also provide your logo, images, banners and content. The Design is exclusively Free and you are not paying a dime for that.

Its a freewill for 50Persons...

You can call or chat over whatsapp via O8O79O31474

Design concept will be based on your kind of business and it will be a basic company website just 5Pages (Home,About Us,Services, Clientele/Gallery, Contact Us) and above all it will be highly responsive. Pls if you need a dynamic website or a blog, you will have to pay for it.

Its a freewill..

It is very important that you must have your hosting and domain ready before I start the free design (Compulsorily it have to be handled by us).

Latest Free design so far www.sakhs-krates.com .....
get out here mehn angry why u derailing the sexy thread?

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by EternalBeing: 8:11am On Jun 09, 2017
Nice. Imagine, if we blacks were the only race on Earth, how would the world still be? If we have equal brain cells as the whites, then what are you, yes, you as a person doing to make this world a better place?

6 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by NwaAmaikpe: 8:11am On Jun 09, 2017
angry
Naija no dey carry last.

Proudly Lagos!!!

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by NameCheckers: 8:12am On Jun 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry
make sure u don't type rubbish. This one u don book space

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by ajalawole(m): 8:14am On Jun 09, 2017
And Nigeria is know for using containers sad

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by maxiuc(m): 8:15am On Jun 09, 2017
Chai make dem come deliver one to me na even if na 504 Peugeot
Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 09, 2017
In summary, get fvcking rich mehn. No be like the one wey average Nigerian car owners dey use, we simply call it FAYAWO!

6 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by Tfbaby(m): 8:21am On Jun 09, 2017
wow!!!!

1 Like

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by three: 8:24am On Jun 09, 2017
Thank you mod(s) for showing us how things should be done.

(and OP oh!! wink, sorry)

5 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by madridguy(m): 8:24am On Jun 09, 2017
IMPRESSIVE.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by ERONX(m): 8:25am On Jun 09, 2017
Number 1 is quite risky..

1 Like

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by calberian: 8:28am On Jun 09, 2017
shocked

Uber cool stuff
Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by Innodon(m): 8:31am On Jun 09, 2017
i see, but i fear that Lagos type of car carrier[b][/b]
Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by segzyogondus(m): 8:35am On Jun 09, 2017
This is really Interesting but all this no common for Nigeria but dey sure say your car go dey delivered to you where ever you dey....Oyinbo too like packaging, if naija no toll your car come your house dey sure say Driver dey on stand by to drive your car come your house even if na 100 cars you want delivered that no be problem cos drivers dey on stand by..... I love Naija....If this Trailer dem come Naija dem wan put sand for many drivers Garri ooo..No be say Nigerians no like make we advance but man must survive just like say u expect all mechanic to get advanced machines and computer to fix car then many go dey jobless and also no extra money wen dem go fit gain ..... Just trying to think like an Average Naija person would not cos I do not like us getting developed but let us face some facts that can't be ignored in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by engrjacuzzi: 8:39am On Jun 09, 2017
only came to check train carriers.
Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by Innodon(m): 8:39am On Jun 09, 2017
I fear oo
NwaAmaikpe:
angry
Naija no dey carry last.

Proudly Lagos!!!
Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by sirusX(m): 8:41am On Jun 09, 2017
In Nigeria...with our pot holes wey plenty even for federal road...this one cannot work lai lai angry
na to enter throwey ur moto for gutter then finally cause traffic jam
Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by davodyguy: 8:45am On Jun 09, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Car cannot cash coold again? Do they now have feelings? shocked grin
Its the body, which is metallic that gets affected by weather and moisture

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by Onyenna(m): 8:47am On Jun 09, 2017
Chineke meee!

Jeeez!

See Ride!

Lekwanu UGBO!

5 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by Dube07: 8:48am On Jun 09, 2017
Aaarrrgghh!

Jeeeez meeehn! Amazing rides!
Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by AroOkigbo(m): 8:50am On Jun 09, 2017
Kizyte:
OK, nice, that's what I need to transport my car from one state to another in Nigeria cos of bad road. I can't afford to drive my precious car across states on this our rugged roads.
Try pass your JAMB first tongue

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by DeRay98(m): 8:51am On Jun 09, 2017
Something similar to #1 & 2 used to be available in Nig in the 70s and early 80's when our roads were still good and maintained by the Military govts until the civilians stole all our money and abandoned everything to spoil.
Re: Types Of Car Carriers Around The World by Autopartz: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2017
This is technology at its best. Another interesting thing is that the vehicles would be delivered to its eventual recipients without any scratch at all.

Our cargo handling officials need to take a cue from this.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Common Toyota Problems / Accident Involving FRSC Vehicle And An Edegbe Bus On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / 10 Major Mistakes You're Making When Changing Your Car Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.