Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos (46913 Views)

Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast / Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians / Ruga: Nwodo Reacts To Northern Group’s Threat, Asks Igbo To Defend Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Mujtahida: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2017
InvestinOwerri:
Great! I dont see how the ZOO is going to survive this. We are finally on the treshold of history and Nnamdi Kanu's boldness & heroic exploits at the risk of his life triggered it. I'm not a sorcerer nor a prophet, but as a student of history with sound reasoning I can predict the likely scenario going forward. 1. The North may seek for truce & accept calls for restructuring (this depends if the SS & SW aligns with the SE & insist on restructuring or break up) 2. The millitary will strick under the guise of protecting the country from imminent collapse. The hausa/fulani will want to achieve two vital points with this l.e ensuring that Osinbajo does not take over & keeping power in the north beyond 2019 & also to stifle the demand for restructuring (the only thing that may keep them from doing this is the fear of what the backlash will be like now that the SS, SE & even MB is very wary of them). Either way, what I'm seeing does not look bright all for Nigeria. Only the 1st scenario can save Nigeria now!
Your deductions are quite astute particularly the second scenario. But as regards the first don't you think it would be a master stroke and deft political manoeuvre if the East gets to parley with the south West, south south and willing groups in the middle belt so that the North can be isolated for once? This will take away their arrogance and something new might be birthed at the negotiating table for all Nigerians. There's enough meat in the pot for all its just that presently we don't hold equal spoons.
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by babestella: 10:15am On Jun 09, 2017
Northerners want to keep Nigeria's unity because they see and use South South as their cash cow. I can't imagine what would had happened to this unity if this oil is situated in the North, the same born to rule mentality is what they would apply to tell your the OIl in the North belongs to the North and in fact they would have seceded from Nigeria a very long time ago.

Northerners with their sense of entitlement will never allow restructuring of Nigeria, but those who make peace resolution impossible, invites violent resolution of the subject matter.

2 Likes

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by kingzizzy: 10:15am On Jun 09, 2017
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
This Kaduna declaration saga has confirmed the already known fact that the ibos agitation for biafra is not well intentioned. The call for biafra is just the default mode that the ibos enter into whenever they loose out of the politics at the centre.

I had expected the ibos, in furtherance to their biafra ambition, would have started leaving the North following the ultimatum served by the Arewa Youths. But it seems the ibos would rather die in the North than go back to iboland

The ibos want to break away from Nigeria but at the same time want to remain in other part of Nigeria

The ibos want an independent iboland but they are afraid of going back to iboland

some of them even have this deluded assumption that in the event that they get their biafra country, they will still retain their citizenship as Nigerians and still stay in other part of Nigeria.

Jokers !!

You have it totally wrong. When Czechoslovakia split into Czech and Slovakia, neither side had to move anywhere. When Scotland was agitating for independence and got a referendum in 2014, at no time did anyone ask the the Scots to move back home. There are agitations for Monaco to leave france, no french person is telling them to move back to Monaco.

The reason why nobody is asking anyone to go home in these examples is because Czechs/Slovaks, Britain/Scotland and France/Monaco are all civilised people who recognise self deternination as a right of all people. The right of anyone to be independent is respected, the only thing people might differ on is the method of being independent.

But in a backward country like Nigeria, people do not respect the right of a section of the country to self determination. They dont even know what sovereignty is. Thats why the average Nigerian thinks that secession is the same as packing up to go home.

Im an Igbo man, it is my right to secede from Nigeria if I so wish. If Nigeria wants me to go back home, then no problem.

The problem is asking me to go home while holding the keys to my house. That is not fair. The Northern youths should have joined the call for the independence of Biafra before asking Igbos to go.

How can someone be practicing 'one Nigeria' while asking Igbos to go? Grant Igbos their country then tell them to go, not hold their independence and tell them to go, where will they go when they dont have a country?

This crazy. You Nigerians deny us Biafra and you tell us to go? Nna, someone needs to explain this logic to me.

5 Likes

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by iaatmguy(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2017
InvestinOwerri:
Great! I dont see how the ZOO is going to survive this. We are finally on the treshold of history and Nnamdi Kanu's boldness & heroic exploits at the risk of his life triggered it. I'm not a sorcerer nor a prophet, but as a student of history with sound reasoning I can predict the likely scenario going forward. 1. The North may seek for truce & accept calls for restructuring (this depends if the SS & SW aligns with the SE & insist on restructuring or break up) 2. The millitary will strick under the guise of protecting the country from imminent collapse. The hausa/fulani will want to achieve two vital points with this l.e ensuring that Osinbajo does not take over & keeping power in the north beyond 2019 & also to stifle the demand for restructuring (the only thing that may keep them from doing this is the fear of what the backlash will be like now that the SS, SE & even MB is very wary of them). Either way, what I'm seeing does not look bright all for Nigeria. Only the 1st scenario can save Nigeria now!
it can only be number one scenario
The elites would ensure that
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by joinnow: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2017
Nigeria is an artificial construct of British colonialism. It was a nation composed of an amalgamation of many different, ethnically diverse tribes. South was always especially different because its people are mostly Christians. The rest of North is Muslim mostly and born to rule mentality .
5% don't want to became second class citizens in their country.
Biafra get ready freedom is coming soon tomorrow wink

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by ayindejimmy(m): 10:29am On Jun 09, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Kill Igbos today and watch the UN conduct referendum tomorrow

We dare the North to keep to her Oct 1st threat

One Nigeria is not by force

Northern youths should tell their senators to hurriedly insert secession and referendum into the constitution

Until conduct referendum kwa?!
What's the position of Un to conduct a referendum in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by bionixs: 10:43am On Jun 09, 2017
Limitednow:
Igbos should return home, North will beg them to come back.

If North Fails To Disintegrate, We Will Refer To Them As Cowards – Ijaw Group

SOURCE: http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/06/north-fails-disintegrate-will-refer-cowards-ijaw-group/
Buhari has put shame of our face. No president had divided us like this before,a grand papa o all these noise about Biafra going their way is just because there is no equity
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by JayB11(m): 10:56am On Jun 09, 2017
Limitednow:
Igbos should return home, North will beg them to come back.

If North Fails To Disintegrate, We Will Refer To Them As Cowards – Ijaw Group

SOURCE: http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/06/north-fails-disintegrate-will-refer-cowards-ijaw-group/
Who are the Northern shit to speak on our behalf? If Kaduna people dont want them, they should specify Kaduna not entirely north.
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 09, 2017
Chai this ur statement weak me o angry

If two of your blood brothers are presently in the north, would u still wish same at bolded
HiddenShadow:

If their blood will produce Biafra, so be it

Nigeria is not by force

1 Like

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 09, 2017
HiddenShadow:

The last time our papas park, some useless papas force them back in the name of One Nigeria

So, we want UN to separate the country

That your papa was a fraudster who scammed Nigeria that he wanted to leave. Nigeria let him but then he grew pompous and began another campaign to conquer Nigeria then, world powers had to stop him because he was disrupting their peaceful business in the region. As a result your papa led many people to their doom and many others were starved to death. You better just stick to one Nigeria Biafra as been proven times without numbers to be a scam. Once beaten twice as shy

1 Like

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 10:57am On Jun 09, 2017
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
This Kaduna declaration saga has confirmed the already known fact that the ibos agitation for biafra is not well intentioned. The call for biafra is just the default mode that the ibos enter into whenever they loose out of the politics at the centre.

I had expected the ibos, in furtherance to their biafra ambition, would have started leaving the North following the ultimatum served by the Arewa Youths. But it seems the ibos would rather die in the North than go back to iboland

The ibos want to break away from Nigeria but at the same time want to remain in other part of Nigeria

The ibos want an independent iboland but they are afraid of going back to iboland

some of them even have this deluded assumption that in the event that they get their biafra country, they will still retain their citizenship as Nigerians and still stay in other part of Nigeria.

Jokers !!

It's like you go on every thread that talks about this ultimatum and paste this epistle of yours...smh

Please, give me one good and sensible reason why the Igbos should leave the North because of this ultimatum.

If all the Igbos leave the North, will it bring about Biafra?
Will that make the federal government to call a referendum?
Will that automatically mean Nigeria has disintegrated?

Sometimes I wonder why people are so petty!

Igbos leaving the North in totality still doesn't guarantee nothing! Until something is done that legally disintegrates this country, nobody has any right to give anyone quit notice!

In all the agitation for Biafra, I can't remember the Igbos giving northerners any quit notice, because that in itself doesn't guarantee anything!
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by AllHailBiafra(m): 10:57am On Jun 09, 2017
Fake UN, even that logo is not UN logo. So the Sit At Home was observed only in 5 states? Nigeria apc quak un.
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Raheemzee(m): 10:58am On Jun 09, 2017
Wizkhalifa2:
The only good thing about d North is d farm produce they bring.

nd Suya too angry
and no good thing comes from the east,the only things that comes from there are rape,fraud,baby factory et al

2 Likes

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:03am On Jun 09, 2017
kingzizzy:

You have it totally wrong. When Czechoslovakia split into Czech and Slovakia, neither side had to move anywhere. When Scotland was agitating for independence and got a referendum in 2014, at no time did anyone ask the the Scots to move back home. There are agitations for Monaco to leave france, no french person is telling them to move back to Monaco.

The reason why nobody is asking anyone to go home in these examples is because Czechs/Slovaks, Britain/Scotland and France/Monaco are all civilised people who recognise self deternination as a right of all people. The right of anyone to be independent is respected, the only thing people might differ on is the method of being independent.

But in a backward country like Nigeria, people do not respect the right of a section of the country to self determination. They dont even know what sovereignty is. Thats why the average Nigerian thinks that secession is the same as packing up to go home.

Im an Igbo man, it is my right to secede from Nigeria if I so wish. If Nigeria wants me to go back home, then no problem.

The problem is asking me to go home while holding the keys to my house. That is not fair. The Northern youths should have joined the call for the independence of Biafra before asking Igbos to go.

How can someone be practicing 'one Nigeria' while asking Igbos to go? Grant Igbos their country then tell them to go, not hold their independence and tell them to go, where will they go when they dont have a country?

This crazy. You Nigerians deny us Biafra and you tell us to go? Nna, someone needs to explain this logic to me.

Please leave those uninformed people to go about displaying their skewed sense of reasoning.

As if asking Igbos to leave is tantamount to disintegration.

The only time I am going to take the North serious, is, if they go out and protest asking the government to call for a referendum and split the country, just like the Biafrans have been doing all over the world...

Asking people who are still legally citizens of a country to leave one part of the country is being silly!
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by manikspears: 11:06am On Jun 09, 2017
Igboesika:
Anything that will fast track the disintegration of this failed entity called Nigeria is a welcome development.

All I know is that Umuchineke must win at last.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
ONE NIGERIA IS A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

tell me how biafra will solve your problem?there is diversity at every level including family,if not two brothers will not fight for one throne and have followers supporting their candidate.people will always be people, lets stop this war and arguments.lets find peace and forgiveness and find a way to move nigeria forward.and what are you going through that every other nigerian hasn't gone through.in unity we stand,divided we fall and disintegrate.

2 Likes

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Sgwash: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2017
9jakohai:

1.South Sudan's split was a ten year process...done with the help of the UN, AU and several other bodies....as well as the cooperation of the SPLM and the govt in Khartoum.

2.Korea split was the result of a war between the Northern and Southern parts...which were split by a unilateral decision of the US and the old Soviet Union a few months before the UN got founded. The split was entrenched by a 1950-53 war fought with UN member states on the side of the South, and CHina (then not a UN member) and the Soviets on the side of the North.

3.Crimea was annexed by Russia...with support from its Russian majoirty population
I love people who respond with facts...
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2017
LaClicKLaBenDin:

It's like you go on every thread that talks about this ultimatum and paste this epistle of yours...smh

Please, give me one good and sensible reason why the Igbos should leave the North because of this ultimatum.

If all the Igbos leave the North, will it bring about Biafra?
Will that make the federal government to call a referendum?
Will that automatically mean Nigeria has disintegrated?

Sometimes I wonder why people are so petty!

Igbos leaving the North in totality still doesn't guarantee nothing! Until something is done that legally disintegrates this country, nobody has any right to give anyone quit notice!

In all the agitation for Biafra, I can't remember the Igbos giving northerners any quit notice, because that in itself doesn't guarantee anything!

With many examples in history you are still not aware that true Biafra can't be achieved with Igbos in other parts of the country? The same reason Germany couldn't be split successfully into East and West during the WW2 and the same reason there's always tension between North vs South Korea while alien powers use them as bullet shields and pawns. Do you want that for Nigeria? I say together we stand
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Wizkhalifa2(m): 11:20am On Jun 09, 2017
Raheemzee:
and no good thing comes from the east,the only things that comes from there are rape,fraud,baby factory et al
I'm not even from the east... better luck next time bro.
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by positivetaught: 11:31am On Jun 09, 2017
I once commented on the political miscalculation of IBO's in Nigeria n was insulted,but the bitter truth is the IBO's are not calculating deeply,for instance in this quest for Biafra the south south minorities have not been won over meaning Biafra will simply be box in as a complete landlock country like Lesotho in south Africa n things will get worse for them,the northern Hausa/Fulani Muslims too should not fool themselves about one north,all in all,total restructuring is what we all need,buhari need to be educated pls.
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2017
Their governors attempted to get bus to move them back but el-rufai pleaded with them to stop that he would make sure the arewa youth leaders are called to order. Some ibo men have sent their wives and children back to the south east.
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:

Jokers !!
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Jackipapa: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2017
At the end, we came up with a position paper which we presented as the Kaduna Declaration in which we primarily called on the authorities and the international community to step in to formalise the actualisation of the dream of a people who say in words and in action, and the whole nation appears to concur, that they are Biafrans not Nigerians
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 09, 2017
Luxemborg is landlocked and their average income is higher than United Kingdom, USA and so many other developed countries..... being landlocked doesn't automatically mean economic ruin.

positivetaught:
I once commented on the political miscalculation of IBO's in Nigeria n was insulted,but the bitter truth is the IBO's are not calculating deeply,for instance in this quest for Biafra the south south minorities have not been won over meaning Biafra will simply be box in as a complete landlock country like Lesotho in south Africa n things will get worse for them,the northern Hausa/Fulani Muslims too should not fool themselves about one north,all in all,total restructuring is what we all need,buhari need to be educated pls.

1 Like

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2017
positivetaught:

Maybe in the coming century but as it is now I am just about to reap the fruits of my labor, my parents and parents parent labor. Call it sentiment I don't care
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 09, 2017
NubiLove:
Luxemborg is landlocked and their average income is higher than United Kingdom, USA and so many other developed countries..... being landlocked doesn't automatically mean economic ruin.

See the country you are comparing Biafra with? Shut your mouth
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by furrr(m): 11:47am On Jun 09, 2017
realbest:

If you said that you are tired of living in my own papa house because am illiterate, almajiri, parasite, under developed, and even a terrorist then it's fair if i beg you to pack your belongings back to your own papa house. Living together is not by force but by will . I beg you in the name of God, Allah, Obiama, Jehovah etc pack your belongings and move back to were you came from. Period.

My guy I tire for this people oooo....
Chai.....

(1)You people said you hate nigeria, and nigeria is a zoo and nigerians are cows and donkeys....

Nigerians say we agree we r donkeys and the feeling is mutual we hate you too.....

(2) you say you want biafra and that the north is a barren desert and we r almajiris

The north say you know what... you r right.... so please pack your load and go back to your eldorado....

Now you start crying foul shouting that the north is violent..... What exactly is violent about giving you what you want......

Just go please I take god beg you go please..... grin grin grin

If we learnt anything from this shananigans.... is that the majority of Igbo people including your government at all levels don't want biafara...... it's just a bunch frustrated agberos that are trying to cause problem for the hardworking igbos across nigeria

And this also shows that Igbos are learners two years insulting and issuing ultimatums and not a single Bleep was given...... but a bunch of jobless Arewa youth came out and issued a non violent ultimatum and suddenly past president, governors from all sides, even the freaking UN is trying to issue statement.....

Chai ipob....... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
yes... I am comparing Biafra. Open your mouth!

isalie:

See the country you are comparing Biafra with? Shut your mouth
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by victorDanladi: 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Kill Igbos today and watch the UN conduct referendum tomorrow

We dare the North to keep to her Oct 1st threat

One Nigeria is not by force

Northern youths should tell their senators to hurriedly insert secession and referendum into the constitution

can you volunteer yourself to be killed?
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by steppins: 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
shizzy7:
Leave Nigeria.
Charity begins from home.

Tell your governors to resign

Vacate other zones and move to SE, what is chasing you away from your nation?

All your representatives in the zoo's house of assembly, tell them to leave.

BIAFRA IS FOR THE POOR IGBOS.

I'M waiting for the day psquare, phyno, ELUMELU, IWEALA will recognize with Biafra

Some of you and your poor sense of reasoning.
P-Square, Phyno and others should just make the federal government a target on their backs?
Support comes in different ways. Even if they don't support, the voice of the people matters more than any other.
Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by Olu317(m): 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2017
7lives:

Eni da eeru l'eeru n'to, this is a brilliant summary.
They are like wood gathering ants, no be im head he go take carry?.
Elulu to fa ojo ni, ori e lo ma ro le, when you are looking for people void of understanding, just look in their Direction.
How can they be so loud about secession when they don't really mean it?.
The Moses that want to lead them out of bondage did not do a reality check?.
Amo o oro súnúkún Oju súnúkún la ma nfi wo. Let us not look at their agitation as an error because it may really be a blessing in disguise for the Yorubas. After all, Yorubas had this ideology nurtured even before Ibos wanted a separate entity. Let us continue to remain as Omoluabis .

God bless

1 Like

Re: United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos by datribune: 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
Kanu's IPOB has done great disservice to d Igbo cause. d UN & other countries in d civilized world would never support Kanu's misadventure.
d declaration on principles of international law adopted by d UN in 1970, declares dat there are no legal grounds for d kind of violent secession dat Kanu advocated thru his YouTube video & radio Biafra.
Pls note dat at least half of all modern states in d UN have emerged thru conquests or amalgamation & if we are going to try to eliminate or correct all historical injustices through violent secession, d modern world would be dragged into a bloody large scale war.
There is a diversity of choices dat d UN supports & which makes self-determination possible but not violent secession as advocated by Kanu. Unfortunately Kanu chose d treasonable path of violent secession.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki Doles Out N5m For Ailing Actors, Promises To Transform Nollywood / Five States Meet Conditions For N90Billion Federal Bailout / Buhari Extends Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 14 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.