Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? (1825 Views)

My Experience With Going Back To My Former Workplace. / What Can I Learn To Make Me Self Reliance After NYSC / Going Back To School While Working Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by ConcNiggress56(f): 8:49am On Jun 09, 2017
please justify. the way people are looking at me like "what are you doing here again?".

I am not even up to two months in the house and shame "is catching me" already.

please, what is wrong with it? God's time is the best na. Nigerians have a way of putting pressure on someone sef.
no wonder kidnapping and thievery, ashawoism and yahoo yahoo is on the rise. too much expectation from young ones. I just tire
Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:52am On Jun 09, 2017
Just ignore them. Your parents feelings and yours are what matter here not what any outsider thinks or feels.
Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by ConcNiggress56(f): 8:58am On Jun 09, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Just ignore them. Your parents feelings and yours are what matter here not what any outsider thinks or feels.

it is easy to act like you ignore.. but deep down inside, you know you really are in a deep mess when you still collect 1k from your parents to attend interviews.

2 Likes

Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by tolugar: 9:19am On Jun 09, 2017
ConcNiggress56:
please justify. the way people are looking at me like "what are you doing here again?".

I am not even up to two months in the house and shame "is catching me" already.

please, what is wrong with it? God's time is the best na. Nigerians have a way of putting pressure on someone sef.
no wonder kidnapping and thievery, ashawoism and yahoo yahoo is on the rise. too much expectation from young ones. I just tire

you are killing yourself slowly
its your parents house and thats the only place you should feel free and welcomed

if they don't want you, they should move to their parents house too
Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 09, 2017
Shameless boy. People you senior, are in Malaysia doing well. You dey house, they help them boil rice on Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by AfricanApple(f): 9:27am On Jun 09, 2017
The poster above shaaa
Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:16am On Jun 09, 2017
ConcNiggress56:

it is easy to act like you ignore.. but deep down inside, you know you really are in a deep mess when you still collect 1k from your parents to attend interviews.

You are hurt because you still collect transport fare from your parents. That is legitimate and reasonable. But you should never be hurt because some persons feel you are a failure staying at your parents home.
Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by torres89: 3:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
to so certain extent it is shameful, due to the fact that you an adult and u are expected to fend for yourself during service and after.

if u a guy it's a big shame on u

but a lady it's allowed.

so just relax , naija isn't so easy
Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by herkeym001(m): 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
I'm presently in this situation. But sha, I don comot for (my parent house)Lagos sharp sharp con reside with my friend in Ilorin. Leaving ones comfort zone no easy at all at all, becos The kind suffer wey I dey suffer here dey make me miss home like mad.
Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by aieromon(m): 11:34am On Jun 10, 2017
Shame for what? There's nothing to be ashamed about as long as you remain committed to hustling for a paying job.

Stay focused on the big picture.

1 Like

Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by onyegwu(m): 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2017
torres89:
to so certain extent it is shameful, due to the fact that you an adult and u are expected to fend for yourself during service and after.

if u a guy it's a big shame on u

but a lady it's allowed.

so just relax , naija isn't so easy
Please keep quiet! Shame for what?! If I may ask u? Is people like u the op is talking about because u want them to meet ur expectations and that of ur likes. If the person is not lucky enough to land a job during and after service like others what do u want the person to do? Hung in they sky?! The pressure ur likes put on people give rise to a crime filled society. Just take a look at the rate at which kidnapping is in the rise, money rituals, drug trafficking and many others all this perpetrated by mostly young people just because ur likes Say's is a crime to stay in ur parents house and build ur way out. Pls Op don't listen to this once abeg ! Just be up and doing. As a fresher u need experience so pick up any job that comes ur way now so that u can have something to pursue other jobs or if u have flare for any skill learn while u still search for jobs at the long run u would be earning two pay cheques. Please don't listen to all this once oo ! What most of them do is to go and hang with friends and be doing all sort of illegal stuff's because they know they may not be able to do them in their parents house. People would just seat at one corner and be making rules that they do not have any facts to back it up with just only with their intuitiveness.

6 Likes

Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by 234GT(m): 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
Its not shameful at all.
Just focus your energy on getting a job,and start your masters if your parents can afford it.
Don't allow anybody put you under unnecessary pressure.
Even if your parents complain that you are staying with them, threaten them that you will venture into crime to survive outside their home since you aren't working.
In Nigeria of today, being jobless is not a crime.
Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by engrrichie92(m): 8:18am On Jun 12, 2017
im in the same shoes right now
the only difference is have been working and saving up to move out
because right now even the cost of getting a moderately nice apartment now is neck-cutting
and you dont want to use all your life savings to get a liability all in the name of wanting to be a man

To be a man is not easy at all
at times i ask myself "what was i thinking when i wanted to grow up?"

my advice, so far your folks are not complaining, dont bother your head with what people say/think, they will always talk
you never do anything right in people's eyes.
thesame set of people wont mince words to condemn you if you allow societal pressure push you into doing what you will
end up regretting
but then, this is no excuse to get complacent/lazy on Momma's food,
Keep striving, Keep pushing; you will definitely get there!

Best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by kennyflakky: 7:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
There is nothing wrong in going back to your parent house after NYSC,and there is nothing to be shameful about. It is only shameful when you go back to your patent home after marriage.
Re: Going Back To Your Parent's House After NYSC. Shameful Or Not? by jobbers: 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
and where do u go from there...ur boyfriend house

(1) (Reply)

Eedc Interview / Who Has Heard Of All Things Promotion Hub At Abraham Adesanya Ajah / Youth Empowerment Seminar! Be Financially Independent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.