Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,004 members, 7,859,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:19 PM

See What This Dude Wrote About Nairaland And Other Media Platforms - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See What This Dude Wrote About Nairaland And Other Media Platforms (404 Views)

See What A Twitter User Said About Nairaland. Is She Wrong? / See What A Nigerian Wrote About Nigeria Celebrity Marriages.(shocking) / Facts About NAIRALAND And Its Owner (PHOTOS included) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What This Dude Wrote About Nairaland And Other Media Platforms by vicky9cee: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2017
A DUDE WROTE THIS ABOUT NAIRALAND AND OTHER MEDIA PLATFORMS

I so much agree with his post and position.[/i]

[i]Nairaland is a platform for hate-mongering, tribalism and ethnophaulism for Nigerians. Another media platform is Vanguard. Check comments sections of these two platforms and you will be alarmed at the amount of hatred going on there. In the name of money-per-clicks, the administrators of these two media outfits permit hate-mongering. I did a research on internet hate messages few years back where I used Radio Rwanda as one of my subjects. The full blown war that led to the death of close to 1 million people started through Radio broadcasts from ethnic supremacists.

In saner societies, there are filtering systems for automatically censoring such messages. Since nepotism got most of the people manning our government officials their positions, they probably do not know how to address these national security problems.

The Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, Nigeria should as a matter of national duty regularly visit these media agencies. There are plenty others including Sahara Reporters, Punch, etc and have serious discussions with their managements.

They could collect Corpus and Tokens of terms through Natural Language Processing and Analytics and thereafter find a way to flag these terms, so that when such words are used in sentences they get filtered out. They can also have staff who will scour through comments before approval.

If any website is not complying, shut it down. Freedom of Speech is not about broadcasting hate. Radio Biafra online can be flagged and reported to the host companies and get the domain banned

Re: See What This Dude Wrote About Nairaland And Other Media Platforms by Tittusstar22(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2017
shocked FTC
Re: See What This Dude Wrote About Nairaland And Other Media Platforms by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 09, 2017
Tittusstar22:
shocked FTC

Dem neva talk to us finish.

(1) (Reply)

Read How Fans Of US Rapper Wale Were Asked To Vacate Seats For Fair Ladies / Boko Haram Chieftain Nabbed By The Nigerian Army. / Buhari,dont Islamize Nigeria-apostle Johnson Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.