Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,168 members, 7,867,386 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:09 PM

Sincere Questions Begging For Sincere Answers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sincere Questions Begging For Sincere Answers (425 Views)

PMB Govt Of Integrity: Questions Begging For Answers / Moment Oladipo Diya Kneeling And Begging Abacha Not To Kill Him -VIDEO / Senator Buruji Kashamu's Nephew Karmal Begging For Money In Lagos - Ebals blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sincere Questions Begging For Sincere Answers by Denko2721987(m): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
Good morning everyone..
It is no longer news or a hidden reality that Nigeria is more divided now than any other time after the civil war which i'l attribute partly or largely to the utterances (95%/5% statement), negligence and body language (especially the gross inaction on the herdsmen issue) of the Commander-in-Chief at the helm of affairs who is currently absent and obviously not in-charge of the situation on ground due to his prolonged absence (anyone with a discerning mind would clearly see Osibanjo is limited or isn’t acting in full capacity as an Acting President).. That aside and more to me point, let me try go straight to my question this morning..

You are very well allowed to disagree with me on my opinions but i have always classified the problems of this country including issues of our unity into 3 broad groups:-

1- Foundation - Phewwww.. Study our mainstream and alternative history very carefully (i prefer alternative historical facts backed with clear-cut truth) and you would understand why we seem lost. If you know where you are coming from, you would know where you are going to..
* Who set and laid our collective foundation?
* Was it in the best collective interest of the people or some greedy interest of our colonial elites and their subordinate tools here in Nigeria been used propagate and advance their will and agenda..

2- Compatibility – This is also tied to the problems with our foundation and you don’t need to be a soothsayer to know we (some regions) clearly have ethnic, social and religious compatibility problems. It’s really hard to mix oil and water..

3- Leadership - When the foundation is faulty what do you expect?.

4- The Oil Factor - If you ask me, i would say this is the main reason for our supposed Unity.. This is primarily what this country has been all about including why the bloody civil war was fought. Every other thing is secondary. This factor is also connected to the problems with our foundation.. Now tell me, if this is the reason for our unity which is clearly wrong and a taboo, do you still need consult an oracle to tell you why this country has never made serious progress and going round in circles since we became a republic Ponder over it..

Now while trying to navigate straight to my point or question, let me say this. People seem to be more critical of the Biafran agitation without actually realizing and recalling that they are and were not the only people who have been pushing for a call to the table of re-negotiation and dialogue on how we go about our collective existence through restructuring or secession.. Infact every region of this country including the so-called minority regions have agitating groups or elements (boko haram included). The only difference between them and the Biafran agitation is that the Biafran agitation seem to have a more defined and determined sense of purpose (not necessarily a well defined goal) and also because they are always generally looked on as antagonists which is why they seem to be the loudest..

History clearly shows us that the first agitators for a break up away from the Nigerian project after our amalgamation by our colonial masters were from the North just before the civil war..

* So, What was the reason for their agitation then and why did they suddenly become silent??

* Where they appeased? And what were they appeased with? Could it be because the British told and convinced them of the prospects for oil in the Niger delta

Now here comes my very final question (sorry for beating about the bush).. And I want this question to be answered with all sincerity..

If the OIL wealth coming now from the Niger Delta and parts of the south today was initially found in the North, would the North still remained as one with the rest of Nigeria??

Do you sincerely think we or the northerners would be singing this same Nigerian song of unity or separation today?? And do you honestly think anyone would (including the British) have stopped them just like they stopped Ojukwu's led Biafra in 1967 if they had decided to go their separate ways if they had Oil?

This is my question for the day which is begging for sincere answers backed with conscience.. Thank you
Re: Sincere Questions Begging For Sincere Answers by respect80(m): 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
The reverse would have been the case.

In as much as I'm not in support of any plan or agitation anchored on the disintegration of Nigeria, I would like to express my disappointment at the level of egocentrism clearly portrayed by northerners as they are so fund of making reckless statements which if not duly attended to will in no time reiterate one the painful chapter of Nigeria's history.

And as for the southerners, it is very much understood how uneasy it is for you to put aside the depressing memories of the civil war but I must remind you that Nigeria as a country is on a journey to become great some day and as such lets not allow the effects of decreasing moral values to bereave us of our right sense of judgment as two wrongs can never make a right. Just a few years ago it was believed that it's impossible to win election against an incumbent government but we all witnessed how the status quo changed. Therefore I strongly believe that if the northerners doesn't change their attitudes and body language towards other ethnic groups, a time will come when their cup will become filled and they will surely lose that which they never wanted to lose.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sincere Questions Begging For Sincere Answers by Denko2721987(m): 1:02am On Jun 10, 2017
respect80:
The reverse would have been the case.

In as much as I'm not in support of any plan or agitation anchored on the disintegration of Nigeria, I would like to express my disappointment at the level of egocentrism clearly portrayed by northerners as they are so fund of making reckless statements which if not duly attended to will in no time reiterate one the painful chapter of Nigeria's history.

And as for the southerners, it is very much understood how uneasy it is for you to put aside the depressing memories of the civil war but I must remind you that Nigeria as a country is on a journey to become great some day and as such lets not allow the effects of decreasing moral values to bereave us of our right sense of judgment as two wrongs can never make a right. Just a few years ago it was believed that it's impossible to win election against an incumbent government but we all witnessed how the status quo changed. Therefore I strongly believe that if the northerners doesn't change their attitudes and body language towards other ethnic groups, a time will come when their cup will become filled and they will surely lose that which they never wanted to lose.

Sensible post.. Thanks for ur remarks..

(1) (Reply)

NERC Directs Nigerians Without Prepaid Meters To Stop Paying Bills / Plateau Youths Reject Arewa Ultimatum On Igbos / GENIUS: Apc Twitter Handle Confirms That N2.1tn Would Be Derived From N7.4bn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.