Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra (3230 Views)

Buratai, 13 Others Taken To U.S. District Court Over Biafra Protests. / South East Governors Caution Over Biafra / Ken Nnamani Leaves A Book Launch Visibly Angry During Argument Over Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
Igbos only focus on what they perceive as the advantage of having Biafra and totally ignore the potential pitfalls ahead. Igbos feel they are intelligent, hardworking and industrious so they think with those qualities it's all going to merry in Biafra land. But I wonder why the south east is still underdeveloped inspite of the fact that the land is occupied by people who pride themselves to be intelligent and industrious. It makes me wonder if there would ever be any difference after Biafra has been ushered into existence.

The most uncertain and challenging aspect which Igbos ignore that can make Biafra turn out to be a total disaster is political stability. Maintaining political stability is not childs play. You can imagine how things gets heated up in the political sphere of advanced nations like America, let alone a third world new country called Biafra filled with people with an untamed mindset and poorly educated. If care is not taken in the political sphere of Biafra the country will explode even before it begins. Power struggles in the south east is among the tightly contested in Nigeria. And you expect such ambitious and power hungry people to play matured politics and yield to each other's ambition? I am still seriously in doubt.

Please nobody should mention Afonja cos I am not an Afonja.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by dlondonbadboy: 3:59pm On Jun 09, 2017
If you think Biafrans would fail....why don't you let them fail. Is it your failing? What is your own inside?

If igbos would suffer more when they leave, let them leave in peace and regret their decisions...why do you have to create threads upon threads about BIAFRA and the mistake they are about to make? Is it your business?

Focus on your Nigeria na...since Nigeria is paradise, focus on your paradise. Enjoy your electricity, enjoy your employment, enjoy your peace and abundance and allow children of God to rest!

Nawa o

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by KratosCorp: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
Well said.

dlondonbadboy:
If you think Biafrans would fail....why don't you let them fail. Is it your failing? What is your own inside?

If igbos would suffer more when they leave, let them leave in peace and regret their decisions...why do you have to create threads upon threads about BIAFRA and the mistake they are about to make? Is it your business?

Focus on your Nigeria na...since Nigeria is paradise, focus on your paradise. Enjoy your electricity, enjoy your employment, enjoy your peace and abundance and allow children of God to rest!

Nawa o

5 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by seunlly(m): 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
op you must be among those arewa boys.
sincerely what I truly wants is this.
let biafra go and in the next 12 months they will surely come back for food and water. Maybe na oil una go dey chop.
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2017
Igbos if you want to 'hear word' seeing that everyone is rejecting you, just keep quite and do your thing.
Stop name-calling, stop chest-beating,cheating and blaming others of your woes.

It is a fact that if you declare you are better than everyone else, someone will challenge you.
Even in your villages, you try to conceal your true wealth so no one will jealous you and 'try' you. That is the wisdom!
But sadly you threw that away in this Biafra thing and adopted what you are now known best for..

Everything Igbos are passing through is their own fault. Until they can identify the fault, they will keep loosing it.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by STANPASQUAL(m): 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2017
I been wan lambaste d mofo but someone already did!!
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Nawa o

When analytic minds speak please shut the heck up, observe, learn and adjust...not this flimsy "what is your own" you ipod yoots keep spewing around.
Just a moment ago on the front page, an Mbaise man was rejected priesthood in an Igbo town. If Igbos cant show any sign of doing things better than in the zoo, you want us to take you guys serious abi? Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by dlondonbadboy: 4:17pm On Jun 09, 2017
NLPsychologist:

When analytic minds speak please shut the heck up, observe, learn and adjust...not this flimsy "what is your own" you ipod yoots keep spewing around.

Oga analyser, what would your analysis yield? Stupid threads upon stupid thread about how Nigeria is the best thing to happen to Igbos. And I ask again what is your business with Igbos? If you feel they are making an eternal mistake, how is it your concern? Analyser, is it your business?

If you analytic minds claim to still love Nigeria....some people prefer BIAFRA. BIAFRA might not be Eden but it would definitely be better than this shithole called Nigeria. And if BIAFRA becomes worse than hell, it's our business, not yours.

4 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
Ontarget:
[s]Igbos only focus on what they perceive as the advantage of having Biafra and totally ignore the potential pitfalls ahead. Igbos feel they are intelligent, hardworking and industrious so they think with those qualities it's all going to merry in Biafra land. But I wonder why the south east is still underdeveloped inspite of the fact that the land is occupied by people who pride themselves to be intelligent and industrious. It makes me wonder if there would ever be any difference after Biafra has been ushered into existence.

The most uncertain and challenging aspect which Igbos ignore that can make Biafra turn out to be a total disaster is political stability. Maintaining political stability is not childs play. You can imagine how things gets heated up in the political sphere of advanced nations like America, let alone a third world new country called Biafra filled with people with an untamed mindset and poorly educated. If care is not taken in the political sphere of Biafra the country will explode even before it begins. Power struggles in the south east is among the tightly contested in Nigeria. And you expect such ambitious and power hungry people to play matured politics and yield to each other's ambition? I am still seriously in doubt.

Please nobody should mention Afonja cos I am not an Afonja[/s].

afonja

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Oga analyser, what would your analysis yield? Stupid threads upon stupid thread about how Nigeria is the best thing to happen to Igbos. And I ask again what is your business with Igbos? If you feel they are making an eternal mistake, how is it your concern? Analyser, is it your business?

If you analytic minds claim to still love Nigeria....so people prefer BIAFRA. BIAFRA might not be Eden but it would definitely be better than this shithole called Nigeria. And if BIAFRA becomes worse than hell, it's our business, not yours.

My business is that you are polluting the polity with your chest-beating, name-calling, stark dumbness of your yoots, and sudden paranoia!

Dont you guys know that even without officially granted biafra, you can leave Nigeria and all relocate to Biafra just as you already have a flag and currency? what is still keeping you in a land that you do not like and had not helped you? sell all you got and leave if you mean it. Igbos cant hate the zoo yet chose to run from biafra and prefer staying in the zoo.

I risk saying this at the expense of the sensible and anlytic ones among you though

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by KratosCorp: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
Shove your dumb unsolicited advice down your throat.

Just take your own advice and keep the bleep shut.

As long as you keep poking your nose in Igbo affair - uninvited - you will keep seeing people who would be glad to smeer your face with unsolicited insults.

If you don't want the insults, then respect yourself - keep your nose off igbo afairs - mind your bleeping business and leave igbos alone.

NLPsychologist:
Igbos if you want to 'hear word' seeing that everyone is rejecting you, just keep quite and do your thing.
Stop name-calling, stop chest-beating,cheating and blaming others of your woes.

It is a fact that if you declare you are better than everyone else, someone will challenge you.
Even in your villages, you try to conceal your true wealth so no one will jealous you and 'try' you. That is the wisdom!
But sadly you threw that away in this Biafra thing and adopted what you are now known best for..

Everything Igbos are passing through is their own fault. Until they can identify the fault, they will keep loosing it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by dlondonbadboy: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
NLPsychologist:

My business is that you are polluting the polity with your chest-beating, name-calling, stark dumbness of your yoots, and sudden paranoia!

Dont you guys know that even without officially granted biafra, you can leave Nigeria and all relocate to Biafra just as you already have a flag and currency? what is still keeping you in a land that you do not like and had not helped you? sell all you got and leave if you mean it. Igbos cant hate the zoo yet chose to run from biafra and prefer staying in the zoo.

I risk saying this at the expense of the sensible and anlytic ones among you though

So even without officially granting BIAFRA, igbos can start using their BIAFRA currency while the rest of the zoo continue using our oil? Can't you see you don't have sense?

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nightwolf1: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
NLPsychologist:

What load of rubbish. U want them to leave now while having Nigeria's presence on their land?

Are u notorious for thinking downside up? A Nigerian factor that makes almost every Nigerian a crack head?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
Nightwolf1:

What load of rubbish. U want them to leave now while having Nigeria's presence on their land?

Its actually the other way round. Igbos are more in Nigeria than Nigeria is in them...

Are u notorious for thinking downside up? A Nigerian factor that makes almost every Nigerian a crack head?[/quote]

Continuing from where l stopped above, If its true that Igbo are everywhere in Nigeria than any tribe is in Biafra, then my friend you just turned the meaning of upside-down upside-down...you got yourself a brace grin
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by kingzizzy: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2017
Ontarget:
Igbos only focus on what they perceive as the advantage of having Biafra and totally ignore the potential pitfalls ahead. Igbos feel they are intelligent, hardworking and industrious so they think with those qualities it's all going to merry in Biafra land. But I wonder why the south east is still underdeveloped inspite of the fact that the land is occupied by people who pride themselves to be intelligent and industrious. It makes me wonder if there would ever be any difference after Biafra has been ushered into existence.

Please nobody should mention Afonja cos I am not an Afonja.

You talked about pitfalls without mentioning any. I really dont see how staying in Nigeria is going to improve anything in in Biafra.

Assuming that Biafra turns out to be just Igbos/Igboids, I want Enugu people to control their coal, I want Abakiliki to control their agriculture, I want Afikpo to control their limestone, I want obigbo to control Afam power plant and their oil, I want Asaba to control their gas, I want Nnewi to control their Automotive industry and manufacturing, I want Ikwerre to control their Sea port and Oil.

It will be a fully restructured Biafra with a weak center and practicing full resource control. With every province controling their resources, why would anyone be fighting anybody? Biafra will not be Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nightwolf1: 4:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
NLPsychologist:

Its actually the other way round. Igbos are more in Nigeria than Nigeria is in them...

Are u notorious for thinking downside up? A Nigerian factor that makes almost every Nigerian a crack head?

Continuing from where l stopped above, If its true that Igbo are everywhere in Nigeria than any tribe is in Biafra, then my friend you just turned the meaning of upside-down upside-down...you got yourself a brace grin

In as much as biafra is yet to be granted no rat has a say to ask anybody to move an inch where he is.

An if the Nigerian govt is serious about granting Biafra they would have done that long ago. Now who is more in who?

So tell ur Nigeria govt to do the needful and rest assured u won't need to ask anyone to vacate before they heed.

U can't have ur presence on Biafra land and ask same people to vacate urs.. Someone must be thinking downside up

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

So even without officially granting BIAFRA, igbos can start using their BIAFRA currency while the rest of the zoo continue using our oil? Can't you see you don't have sense?

chisus which oil palm oil or groundnut oil?

80% of Nigeria oil come from Akwa Ibom, Delta, and Rivers. Five other states supply the remaining 20%.
These are Edo, Bayelsa, Abia, Ondo, and Imo...you want to do the remaining calculation?
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

Nawa o

Where will the refugee camps be?
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by cjrane: 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
Passionate plea for Igbos in the north .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpqN4Sa1Gso
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
Nightwolf1:

In as much as biafra is yet to be granted no rat has a say to ask anybody to move an inch where he is.

Nigeria is sweet, likewise staying there. The Igbo man l know had gone to virtually every where on earth in search of greener pastures. Trust me if it exists in Biafra,an Igbo man will listen to no goddamn "in as much as biafra is yet to be granted" he will zoom off. please save me the "waiting for granting" grin

An if the Nigerian govt is serious about granting Biafra they would have done that long ago. Now who is more in who?

So tell ur Nigeria govt to do the needful and rest assured u won't need to ask anyone to vacate before they heed.

U can't have ur presence on Biafra land and ask same people to vacate urs.. Someone must be thinking downside up

Biafra ranters are like the little babies looking at something standing and Nigerians and most Igbos staying in Nigeria (who are not yoots) are the elders sitting but seeing what you yoots cannot. Verdict: No Biafra!
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Ogonimilitant(m): 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
NLPsychologist:

Just a moment ago on the front page, an Mbaise man was rejected priesthood in an Igbo town. If Igbos cant show any sign of doing things better than in the zoo, you want us to tiake you guys serious abi? Nonsense!
I heard the priest has Afonja blood. The father is Igbo the mother is From Ekiti State tha was actually the reason why he was rejected

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nightwolf1: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
NLPsychologist:

Nigeria is sweet, likewise staying there. The Igbo man l know had gone to virtually every where on earth in search of greener pastures. Trust me if it exists in Biafra,an Igbo man will listen to no goddamn "in as much as biafra is yet to be granted" he will zoom off. please save me the "waiting for granting" grin

Biafra ranters are like the little babies looking at something standing and Nigerians and most Igbos staying in Nigeria (who are not yoots) are the elders sitting but seeing what you yoots cannot. Verdict: No Biafra!

If Nigerians ain't zooming off from Nigeria that's for u to know. By the way my question hasn't be answered yet. Who is more in who if nigeria govt won't grant biafrans their quest..

Every Nigerian becomes an Igbo man like u have traveled to every part world to believe in urself.

How is Nigeria even sweet? grin
No light no job no food. Well u guys aready are down so basically it make no sense trying to stand up. grin

Back to the nitty gritty, ur govt shud heed and nobody would ask them to leave. It comes automatically.
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
Nightwolf1:

If Nigerians ain't zooming off from Nigeria that's for u to know. By the way my question hasn't be answered yet. Who is more in who if nigeria govt won't grant biafrans their quest..

At this juncture, only almighty Nnamdi Kanu, the prophet of biafra can answer you

Every Nigerian becomes an Igbo man like u have traveled to every part world to believe in urself.

what are you saying man grin

How is Nigeria even sweet? grin
No light no job no food. Well u guys aready are down so basically it make no sense trying to stand up. grin
Chisus you dont know? ask your brother who sells generator cheesy
He made so much money...the only dream of an Igbo man cheesy
Those times before ban of that generator, Business was good and Nigeria was sweet... as bubu block that one, that was when they sponsored you yoots to come and make noise.

Back to the nitty gritty, ur govt shud heed and nobody would ask them to leave. It comes automatically.

Bros, just seek enlightenment. Its the true remedy to your confusion and fantasy about the biafra utopia.
Because if Biafra comes now, its government will not encourage importation which you people depend on.
I also dont see you making much if you are to sell to only buyers in NE. With the bad blood you are creating
for yourselves in Nigeria, l doubt if anyone will subscribe to your noise-making and arrogance.
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by kasheemawo(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

If igbos would suffer more when they leave, let them leave in [b]peace [/b]and regret their decisions...why do you have to create threads upon threads about BIAFRA and the mistake they are about to make? Is it your business?

Focus on your Nigeria na...since Nigeria is paradise, focus on your paradise. Enjoy your electricity, enjoy your employment, enjoy your [b]peace [/b]and abundance and allow children of God to rest!

Nawa o
wonder shall never end
Ibo are now using peace more than any tribe in Nigeria despite all the violence you have been threatened
You must get your Biafra or death cheesy
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nightwolf1: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2017
NLPsychologist:

At this juncture, only almighty Nnamdi Kanu, the prophet of biafra can answer you

what are you saying man grin

Chisus you dont know? ask your brother who sells generator cheesy
He made so much money...the only dream of an Igbo man cheesy
Those times before ban of that generator, Business was good and Nigeria was sweet... as bubu block that one, that was when they sponsored you yoots to come and make noise.

Bros, just seek enlightenment. Its the true remedy to your confusion and fantasy about the biafra utopia.
Because if Biafra comes now, its government will not encourage importation which you people depend on.
I also dont see you making much if you are to sell to only buyers in NE. With the bad blood you are creating
for yourselves in Nigeria, l doubt if anyone will subscribe to your noise-making and arrogance.

My noise making and arrogance shudnt be ur biz..
My well being is my priority.

So keep ur messed up Nigeria let others have theirs. That shudnt be a problem @ all.
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2017
kingzizzy:

You talked about pitfalls without mentioning any. I really dont see how staying in Nigeria is going to improve anything in in Biafra.

Assuming that Biafra turns out to be just Igbos/Igboids, I want Enugu people to control their coal, I want Abakiliki to control their agriculture, I want Afikpo to control their limestone, I want obigbo to control Afam power plant and their oil, I want Asaba to control their gas, I want Nnewi to control their Automotive industry and manufacturing, I want Ikwerre to control their Sea port and Oil.

It will be a fully restructured Biafra with a weak center and practicing full resource control. With every province controling their resources, why would anyone be fighting anybody? Biafra will not be Nigeria
You are only stating what YOU want. I will take you seriously when you state what everyone else wants. Especially the eventual Biafran leaders who will have a say on how things should be done.
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by chiagozien(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
i dont understand those it mean that you people care for us or love us.
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
Nightwolf1:

My noise making and arrogance shudnt be ur biz..
My well being is my priority.

So keep ur messed up Nigeria let others have theirs. That shudnt be a problem @ all.

Who messed it up?
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Xway(m): 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2017
NLPsychologist:

Who messed it up?

BY IKEM ONUOHA (Proud Biafran)

"An Igbo man sees the entire world as his village, while an Hausa man sees Kano as the Universe and a Yoruba man sees Lagos as his entire world. Nigeria is just too small to contain the Igbo man’s dreams, aspirations, industry, commerce and expertise. He needs a platform to rule and dominate the entire Universe which is Biafra. He does not really need oil to survive since he does not work in the civil service, public service, or does he constitute the majority of politicians or government contractors but earnestly needs FREEDOM to control his destiny. His dominion is in the area of invention, creativity, industry, development, commerce and the provision of goods and services for the good of mankind and not religious, cultural or political dominion. He has capacity to drive the world technologically like the US, the UK, Russia, France, Germany, China and Israel. An average Igbo man is far better than an average Yoruba or an average Hausa-Fulani: intellectually, economically and industrially, not withstanding his money that Awolowo stole to develop and empower Yoruba land, or his properties that Gowon destroyed and others he dashed out. He carries the blessing of Abraham, Nigeria will remain cursed as she continues to curse and undermine him. The only way Nigeria will see light is by blessing and letting Biafra Go.

The blood of the Igbo man slaughtered by Hausa- Fulani, the blood of the pregnant Igbo woman whose womb was slit open to kill her and the unborn child by Hausa-Fulani, and the cry of the Igbo child starved to death by Yoruba will continue to speak against the Nigeria project. Nigeria is doomed and under a curse, and therefore needs to make atonement, restitution and seek forgiveness from the Igbo man. Hausa-Fulani-Yoruba should bury their faces in shame, how would you explain why an entirely military affair as regards the 1966 coup led to the slaughter of millions of Igbos in Northern Nigeria. What about the massacre of the Igbos in the bloody riots of Jos and Kano in 1945 and 1953 respectively in Northern Nigeria and the cycle of Igbo slaughter ever since then and now crowned by the Boko Haram insurgency. The plotters of the 1966 coup were not all Igbos. Even at that, Nzeogwu did not consult his kith and kin before embarking on the coup? Why should an ordinary Igbo man pay for what was clearly a military rebellion? Several officers of northern origin took part in Nigeria’s first military coup.

The “Igbo coup” tag attached to the assault ignores the fact that scores of northern officers took part in the Lagos operations, and even assisted Nzeogwu when he stormed the residence of the Northern Region’s premier: Ahmadu Bello. Nzeogwu was later to describe the detachment of troops accompanying him to Bello’s house as “a truly Nigerian gathering” (New Nigerian – 18th January 1966). Nzeogwu pointed out that the northern soldiers accompanying him “had the chance to drop out. More than that, they had bullets. They had been issued with bullets but I was unarmed. If they disagreed they could have shot me….most of the Other Ranks were Northerners but they followed”. Among the prominent northern soldiers that helped Nzeogwu to overthrow the Northern Region’s government was John Atom Kpera. Kpera later became the military governor of Benue State. Many of the soldiers that accompanied Major Ifeajuna when he abducted the Prime Minister: Tafawa Balewa, were also northerners. As much as Hausa-Fulani-Yoruba, not withstanding heavy grip on the Nigeria resources, civil service, public service, politics and government contracts etc., decide to remain backwards, being held back by their religion and culture, as much as the Igbo man continues to progress Abrahamically, fearlessly .
Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2017
Xway:

BY IKEM ONUOHA (Proud Biafran)

[s]"An Igbo man sees the entire world as his village, while an Hausa man sees Kano as the Universe and a Yoruba man sees Lagos as his entire world. Nigeria is just too small to contain the Igbo man’s dreams, aspirations, industry, commerce and expertise. He needs a platform to rule and dominate the entire Universe which is Biafra. He does not really need oil to survive since he does not work in the civil service, public service, or does he constitute the majority of politicians or government contractors but earnestly needs FREEDOM to control his destiny. His dominion is in the area of invention, creativity, industry, development, commerce and the provision of goods and services for the good of mankind and not religious, cultural or political dominion. He has capacity to drive the world technologically like the US, the UK, Russia, France, Germany, China and Israel. An average Igbo man is far better than an average Yoruba or an average Hausa-Fulani: intellectually, economically and industrially, not withstanding his money that Awolowo stole to develop and empower Yoruba land, or his properties that Gowon destroyed and others he dashed out. He carries the blessing of Abraham, Nigeria will remain cursed as she continues to curse and undermine him. The only way Nigeria will see light is by blessing and letting Biafra Go.

The blood of the Igbo man slaughtered by Hausa- Fulani, the blood of the pregnant Igbo woman whose womb was slit open to kill her and the unborn child by Hausa-Fulani, and the cry of the Igbo child starved to death by Yoruba will continue to speak against the Nigeria project. Nigeria is doomed and under a curse, and therefore needs to make atonement, restitution and seek forgiveness from the Igbo man. Hausa-Fulani-Yoruba should bury their faces in shame, how would you explain why an entirely military affair as regards the 1966 coup led to the slaughter of millions of Igbos in Northern Nigeria. What about the massacre of the Igbos in the bloody riots of Jos and Kano in 1945 and 1953 respectively in Northern Nigeria and the cycle of Igbo slaughter ever since then and now crowned by the Boko Haram insurgency. The plotters of the 1966 coup were not all Igbos. Even at that, Nzeogwu did not consult his kith and kin before embarking on the coup? Why should an ordinary Igbo man pay for what was clearly a military rebellion? Several officers of northern origin took part in Nigeria’s first military coup.

The “Igbo coup” tag attached to the assault ignores the fact that scores of northern officers took part in the Lagos operations, and even assisted Nzeogwu when he stormed the residence of the Northern Region’s premier: Ahmadu Bello. Nzeogwu was later to describe the detachment of troops accompanying him to Bello’s house as “a truly Nigerian gathering” (New Nigerian – 18th January 1966). Nzeogwu pointed out that the northern soldiers accompanying him “had the chance to drop out. More than that, they had bullets. They had been issued with bullets but I was unarmed. If they disagreed they could have shot me….most of the Other Ranks were Northerners but they followed”. Among the prominent northern soldiers that helped Nzeogwu to overthrow the Northern Region’s government was John Atom Kpera. Kpera later became the military governor of Benue State. Many of the soldiers that accompanied Major Ifeajuna when he abducted the Prime Minister: Tafawa Balewa, were also northerners. As much as Hausa-Fulani-Yoruba, not withstanding heavy grip on the Nigeria resources, civil service, public service, politics and government contracts etc., decide to remain backwards, being held back by their religion and culture, as much as the Igbo man continues to progress Abrahamically, fearlessly .[/s]

The height of arrogance chest-beating and self delusion.

Chinese people (whose intelligence you impersonated) didn't travel out. They actually shut the world out, and are a master piece of a truly creative people. Apart from Akpu and the like, what is one thing that is originally Igbo self?

Did you hear the story about the empty drums?

1 Like

Re: Why Igbos Are Deceived Over Biafra by Nightwolf1: 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
NLPsychologist:

Who messed it up?

I

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The All Powerful Satellite The US Might Deploy To Monitor Nigeria’s Election / Tinubu Mounts Pressure On Justice Salami To Exonerate Magu / Jesus Can't Save Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.