Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Canada First Timer - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada First Timer (847 Views)

How Do I Travel To The US As A First Timer? / From Train To Plane: The Chronicles Of A First Timer / Please Is Settlements At The Intl. Airport A Must For First Timer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada First Timer by Jameshavens: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2017
[b][/b]i have this problem I would love to share here,tough some might not consider it to be one,
I'm about getting married to my girlfriend,a nurse in Canada, and she ll be coming to Nigeria anytime soon so we would go back together,but the problem is I'm a school drop out with no degree,and I'm wondering how to make this right,
Considering the fact that I have plans of my own and wouldn't want her to keep providing for us or maybe my family down,cus that's normal when a family member leaves for abroad,

I need to know how to go about it being that's it's my first time out of Nigeria

I need to know what I can really do out there without a degree to make enough for everyone (though I have plans of going enrolling my self in school there when I get enough) apart from the little I've saved.

I need to know what I need to prepare or maybe learn before leaving....
Please I really need help on advise from you guys, God bless
Re: Canada First Timer by HoleDriller(m): 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
I have some questions for U...

1. how old are you?

2. Do you have any skills (i.e what are you talented in doing)..Everything is not all about going to school.

3. lets start from here...
Re: Canada First Timer by felixzo1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 09, 2017
Jameshavens:
[b][/b]i have this problem I would love to share here,tough some might not consider it to be one,
I'm about getting married to my girlfriend,a nurse in Canada, and she ll be coming to Nigeria anytime soon so we would go back together,but the problem is I'm a school drop out with no degree,and I'm wondering how to make this right,
Considering the fact that I have plans of my own and wouldn't want her to keep providing for us or maybe my family down,cus that's normal when a family member leaves for abroad,

I need to know how to go about it being that's it's my first time out of Nigeria

I need to know what I can really do out there without a degree to make enough for everyone (though I have plans of going enrolling my self in school there when I get enough) apart from the little I've saved.

you can always go back to school or follow your area of interest
Re: Canada First Timer by Jameshavens: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
HoleDriller:
I have some questions for U...

1. how old are you?

2. Do you have any skills (i.e what are you talented in doing)..Everything is not all about going to school.

3. lets start from here...

I'm 26,
If you say talent I would say I love singing,i write them too.
I can do a little with electricity connection a little ...(can't boost with that anyway)...
I also can do anything if I would pay off ,I design t shirts too when I was in school...

I just need some heads up from someone whose been there and knows what's best for there. (Alberto precisely)
Re: Canada First Timer by chimah3(m): 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2017
Won't she be the one in a better place to tell you what to do!? Or better still Just relax and enjoy her money!
Re: Canada First Timer by HoleDriller(m): 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2017
Jameshavens:

I'm 26,
If you say talent I would say I love singing,i write them too.
I can do a little with electricity connection a little ...(can't boost with that anyway)...
I also can do anything if I would pay off ,I design t shirts too when I was in school...

I think with ur Age 26, you can still enroll back to school over there. There are some cheap/free scholarship higher institutions in Canada..

With ur above abilities, I will urge you to develop them here in Nigeria before you leave...as they will put some coins in ur pockets over there. There are alot of stuffs to do over there..
Step up ur games....

I just need some heads up from someone whose been there and knows what's best for there. (Alberto precisely)

Kindly visit the Travelling Section of this forum..you will see Canada thread ...

You will get some of ur questions answers..
Re: Canada First Timer by joeluv: 9:32pm On Jun 09, 2017
If you get married put in mind your spouse visa can take up to one year before it comes out. So you have lots of time to learn a skill before you travek. Your are still young, you can also go back to school when u enter Canada. All the best.
Jameshavens:

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Study Permit/visa Requirements / Accident Involving AIT Bus Along Lokoja-okene Road / Many Dead In Tanker Accident In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.