Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith (1781 Views)

CORONAVIRUS: When Human Abandons Religious Rituals For Logic And Humanity / Nigerians And Common Sense With Pastor Shola Jordan Adeoye (video, Pics) / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2017
‘Having faith’ is perhaps the most misunderstood term in the world. What is the meaning of faith, how does one have faith, how does one prove one’s faith? We will try to answer these questions in this study.

We will prove that there is no such thing as ‘blind faith’. Faith is not blind, and it is not deaf. Faith sees, faith is intelligent, faith is rational, faith is logical, faith is scientific, and having faith is wisdom.

There is no such thing as blind faith.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 8:23pm On Jun 09, 2017
Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

The Bible says that the wonders of creation declare the Glory of the Most High God. Let us examine the universe: The mathematical complexity of the universe is incomprehensible to the human mind; Clock-work precision, the harmony that creates a beautiful symphony, the orchestra of the universe is deliberate and calculated, it is beautiful and melodious, all of them in their own path, making music and acknowledging the majesty of their Creator.

The universe is so ordered that we can calculate the exact trajectory of an object hurtling across space to the last second!

Have you pondered the beauty of Orion and Pleiades?

Jupiter continues along its path, Saturn and its rings will not collide with Uranus; and if the sun should come nearer to the earth by as little as much as 1metre (outside the perihelium), the whole gravitational system of the earth would be so distorted that it would no longer be able to sustain life. We would all heat up and die of radiation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2017
Romans 1:20
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

1 Samuel 2:8
for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.

To understand and ‘see’ God, one only needs to ponder on His creation. O man, you are without excuse!

How possible is it to ponder on the beauty of nature, and meditate on the purpose/intelligence behind all the intricate designs and then conclude that it is all an accident or coincidence?

A man only needs to look at himself to understand creation and design: a walking masterpiece composed of not less than eight functional systems working hand in hand, making you alive and functional. The circulatory system, the digestive system, the respiratory system, the reproductive system, the excretory system etc., all of them working in harmony, perfectly coordinated by the brain…If the brain can coordinate the homeostasis of a man, a man who is but a mere figment of the universe, although nonetheless an integral part and microcosm of it, how then is it comprehensible, that, the whole universe is unintelligently guided, un-directed, and flying blind?

Apparently, you are without excuse o vain man!

2 Likes

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2017
Now, what is faith?

Having come to the self-realization that God is behind the universe just by rationally examining your own intricate design (you can stop reading from here if at this point you disagree with the premise of intelligent design that is in the foregoing), how then do you relate with this God, what does this God want from you, and perhaps, what do you want from this God?

How do you reverence this Master Brain that is controlling the universe? Do you hold your brain in reverence, do you realise that if you treat your brain wrongly you will die? Do you realise that every action that you carry out will either edify or destroy your brain? The conclusion is that:

Everything in your body worships the brain, for it is their life!
Everything in the universe worships God, for He is their life!

1 Like

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 8:44pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

In order to please God, you need to believe that He is, and the earth and all things therein provide all the evidence that you need, the universe and the multiverse, even yourself are all the evidence that you need.

When you subscribe to this evidence, then you BELIEVE. YOU BECOME A BELIEVER!

1 Like

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
When you BELIEVE, you try to worship Him in your DEEDS, just like you do to your brain.

The analogy of the human brain and the Master Brain continues -what does your brain require from you? How do you please your brain, or are you not awed by the complexity and capacity of your mind, and probably want more from it?

You believe that you have a brain, don’t you? So, what does your brain require from you, o believing man, to please it?

To sleep when you should, yes; to eat nourishing food, yes; to avoid heavy blows to the head, yes; to READ and exercise your mental muscles, yes etc. all these in the reverence of the master ECU of your life. You minister to your brain in good food and rest, you worship your brain in reading and reverence it in meditation…

You believe that God is guiding and directing the affairs of the universe of which you are a part, don’t you? Or don't you have a brain? So now, rational believer, what does this God, the Master Brain of the universe, require from you?

How do I please Him?
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 9:03pm On Jun 09, 2017
Jeremiah 9:24
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.

Micah 6:8
8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

God has shown us what He desires from man, He tells us what He wants from us- kindness to one another, mercy, righteousness, pity, judgment, justice; God has shown us that what He wants from us is to share love and kindness among ourselves.

And when we do this, He WILL grant us all our heart desires because WE PLEASE and DELIGHT HIM

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
If we ask anything according to His WILL…according to His WILL, remember, we cannot ask if we do not believe

1 John 5:14-15
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Psalm 37:4
Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

1 Like

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
Now faith comes alive: it is the substance and tangibility of what is hoped for, you KNOW that He will do what you have asked of Him because you have rationally believed in His be-ing, and therefore asked in His will.

YOU KNOW THAT HE WILL DO IT BECAUSE YOU HAVE ASKED IN FAITH, NOT in BLIND FAITH, BUT IN LOGICAL, COMMONSENSICAL, SCIENTIFIC, AND WISE FAITH.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

1 Like

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
If any one tells you he is an atheist, just look at him and ask him if he has a brain, if he says yes, call him a FOOL.
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by Martinez19(m): 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
My friend, how far? Long time.
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by hopefulLandlord: 2:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
MrPresident is typing this from heaven, he's ascended with the dead Jew since 20th Jan 2017, the rest of us are left behind, sadly

2 Likes

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by Martinez19(m): 2:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
MrPresident is typing this from heaven, he's ascended with the dead Jew since 20th Jan 2017, the rest of us are left behind, sadly
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 2:28am On Jun 11, 2017
Martinez19:
My friend, how far? Long time.

Fine yoo grin long time grin How everything?
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 2:31am On Jun 11, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Inspired words coming from you, Mr Landlord sir grin. Yes! I am in heaven, seated at the right hand of my Father wink

Turn by turn, Christ the firstfruits cool
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 2:34am On Jun 11, 2017
God has dealt every man a measure of faith...

What level of dealing is the scientific application of faith?

To one man, he gave 2 talents, to another 5 talents, to another 10 talents...
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by Martinez19(m): 3:04am On Jun 11, 2017
MrPresident1:

Fine yoo grin long time grin How everything?
Everything is fine. Good to know my friend is fine. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 4:05am On Jun 11, 2017
Israel is returning to Africa in a BIG WAY

grin grin grin
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by mrvitalis(m): 7:16am On Jun 11, 2017
MrPresident1:
If any one tells you he is an atheist, just look at him and ask him if he has a brain, if he says yes, call him a FOOL.

So u have brain and u believe people built a building that touched the sky without machine or crane ...brainful main

As for brain ..I can scan my head to see my brain ..can u prove god ??

1 Like

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 8:40am On Jun 11, 2017
mrvitalis:

So u have brain and u believe people built a building that touched the sky without machine or crane ...brainful main

As for brain ..I can scan my head to see my brain ..can u prove god ??

You read the thread and this is what you came up with

You are brainless.
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
You are part of the universe, you have a brain that COORDINATES all you do

Then you come and say that the universe, of which you are a part, and which perhaps is more intricately designed than you, is running and flying blind and uncoordinated? Is that the point of atheism?

You question your own sanity.
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
Faith is PURE SCIENCE.

PURE AND PRECISE SCIENCE.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2017
No one has ever seen atoms or molecules, the building blocks of life but we all believe that they exist and form the basis of all matter. These invisible building blocks of life are clearly seen, discernable, and provable by their attributes. This is scientific reasoning. This is common sense.
So also, the Bible tells us, that the invisible God is seen in his creation; the invisible things of God Most High are clearly seen by all who want to see: creation shows the glory of the Most High God.

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

I am sure many of the ‘Scientific Atheists’ have heard of the Higgs boson.

O vain man, you are without excuse!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 7:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
Faith is the highest form of science.

Faith is built on evidence, the evidence of things not seen; the tangibilty of atoms and molecules...and the Higgs boson. Invisible, yet evident and provable.

1 Like

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
Faith is common sense.

2 Likes

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2017
Lol... What a funny thread. Drawing references from an outdated book in an attempt to convince me that faith in a sky daddy is logical is quite stale dear brother. This is where we get it all wrong, the idea of who god is and who he isn't. Is god a hideous being on a throne? A loving god who seems to be playing a game of chess with the devil? Let's get things straight, the believe of 'no god' is illogical. But the belief of a self existing and all almighty god is not only foolishness, it's lame.

If we are to go by the stand that your god is the only true god, that means that over 70% of the world population is heading straight to hell.. let's come again, 30 percent of the world population are xtains, your holy book also made it clear that not all who practice the faith, gets redeemed. That will further populate the kingdom of hell lol...maybe making the lost 80% or even more. What a loving god. There are numerous flaws in this program called religion. Can't you see it? It's a mind game, locking you out from tapping into who you are, and what you're meant to be. I was a xtain for two decades, an atheist for a year. My search for answers has drove me to many parts of the world and beyond, and it's all because I had an open mind. Getting confined to a particular label or belief blocks out every possibility out there. Just be free, open your mind.

You are the god you've been looking for. You're energy and you capabilities are endless. Every cell in our body is a miniature battery. Each cell has 1.4 volts of energy – not much, but when you multiply by the number of cells in your body (50 trillion) you get a total voltage of 700 trillion volts of electricity in your body. Pretty strong I must say. Now imagine what you as a god can do with such enormous energy. Our problem is discovery, when you walk this part, you discover how to harness that energy into use.

shalom..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 6:17am On Jun 17, 2017
HenryDion:
Lol... What a funny thread. Drawing references from an outdated book in an attempt to convince me that faith in a sky daddy is logical is quite stale dear brother. This is where we get it all wrong, the idea of who god is and who he isn't. Is god a hideous being on a throne? A loving god who seems to be playing a game of chess with the devil? Let's get things straight, the believe of 'no god' is illogical. But the belief of a self existing and all almighty god is not only foolishness, it's lame.

If we are to go by the stand that your god is the only true god, that means that over 70% of the world population is heading straight to hell.. let's come again, 30 percent of the world population are xtains, your holy book also made it clear that not all who practice the faith, gets redeemed. That will further populate the kingdom of hell lol...maybe making the lost 80% or even more. What a loving god. There are numerous flaws in this program called religion. Can't you see it? It's a mind game, locking you out from tapping into who you are, and what you're meant to be. I was a xtain for two decades, an atheist for a year. My search for answers has drove me to many parts of the world and beyond, and it's all because I had an open mind. Getting confined to a particular label or belief blocks out every possibility out there. Just be free, open your mind.

You are the god you've been looking for. You're energy and you capabilities are endless. Every cell in our body is a miniature battery. Each cell has 1.4 volts of energy – not much, but when you multiply by the number of cells in your body (50 trillion) you get a total voltage of 700 trillion volts of electricity in your body. Pretty strong I must say. Now imagine what you as a god can do with such enormous energy. Our problem is discovery, when you walk this part, you discover how to harness that energy into use.

shalom..

How much of the 700 trillion volts of electricity in your body are you using? If you were using only 0.0001percent of that energy, all I have written here would have made sense to you. But you do no understand so you are dead as dodo, there is no electricity inside you.

Faith is not organised religion, organised religion is anti-science and anti-reason.

Faith is science, it is the highest form of science. Faith is the empirical basis of all science. Atoms and molecules are the building blocks of life, they are invisible, yet they are tangible and provable, or you do not belive in atoms and molecules? They don't exist?

Visible creation declares the glory of the invisible God, The Great Builder of all things.
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 17, 2017
MrPresident1:

How much of the 700 trillion volts of electricity in your body are you using? If you were using only 0.0001percent of that energy, all I have written here would have made sense to you. But you do no understand so you are dead as dodo, there is no electricity inside you.

Faith is not organised religion, organised religion is anti-science and anti-reason.

Faith is science, it is the highest form of science. Faith is the empirical basis of all science. Atoms and molecules are the building blocks of life, they are invisible, yet they are tangible and provable, or you do not belive in atoms and molecules? They don't exist?

Visible creation declares the glory of the invisible God, The Great Builder of all things.

Holy Shitt.. Am I really seeing this? where's the analogical correlation between matter and atoms being able to be proven and that of faith? What's faith really? is it that intense feeling of optimism or expectation? Faith exist, but faith in a sky daddy is foolishness. That's what makes you phlegmatic.. leaving everything to an unseen being is nothing but an act of laziness. The dispute here isn't whether faith is real, the bone of contention is whether faith on an almighty omnipotent god is logic. Having faith in ONESELF is real faith, but faith in another is lame.

One of the things I hate is when someone commit the fallacy of red herring just to make sense. Is faith in a sky daddy logical? I'm not an atheist, so I believe in the existence of Gods, but I don't buy the idea of Yahweh being the only true god. I'm a god. And we're not alone in the universe.

You asked if I have been able to manipulate any of the energy within.. Well, that's a big YES. Through mediation, I have tapped into abilities and realms I never knew existed. How I wish you can just wake up from this xtain delusion and see the real world.
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by orunto27: 10:31am On Jun 17, 2017
God provided facilities(Garden, plants, vegetations, animals including Apes, rivers and lights) for Adam's Pleasures. Adam saw God and knew that God provided all these and a Partner to meet for his pleasure, but still colluded with The Serpent to eat the forbidden Fruit. The One who provided those facilities and forbade Adam to eat a particular fruit is "The Faith", The One to believe in, come rain come sunshine, for He is The Provider of your "Riches and Wealth".
Faith is Believe. When you disbelieve you disobey. Abraham obeyed God to become Mr. Faith.
Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by MrPresident1: 5:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
HenryDion:

Holy Shitt.. Am I really seeing this? where's the analogical correlation between matter and atoms being able to be proven and that of faith?

Start thinking. Can you see atoms and molecules? NO. But you BELIEVE that they exist because you see matter, don't you? That is FAITH. YOU BELIEVE BECAUSE YOU SEE.

HenryDion:
What's faith really? is it that intense feeling of optimism or expectation? Faith exist, but faith in a sky daddy is foolishness.
So faith exists isn't it? Now go and read the thread again and understand what that faith you say exists really is.
HenryDion:

That's what makes you phlegmatic.. leaving everything to an unseen being is nothing but an act of laziness. The dispute here isn't whether faith is real, the bone of contention is whether faith on an almighty omnipotent god is logic. Having faith in ONESELF is real faith, but faith in another is lame.
Now, you need to understand the nature of faith, if you have faith in yourself, is that not an example of intrinsic faith in God? God built you, He built the universe and God is invisible, yet we see His work in creation, He built everything. Atoms and molecules are invisible, they are the building blocks of everything. The Energy, or Force that assembled those building blocks that eventually became you is God. Assemble leggo bricks and breathe life into it and let us see how far you go!
So, if something is broken, who is best placed to fix it, the manufacturer, No? So if creation needs help, where is the illogic of requesting the Creator for help? If it is broken, call the builder to fix it. The problem here is that you think you can do anything by your own power, you cannot. Of course you can, on the day you breathe life into the leggo bricks you have assembled!

HenryDion:

One of the things I hate is when someone commit the fallacy of red herring just to make sense. Is faith in a sky daddy logical? I'm not an atheist, so I believe in the existence of Gods, but I don't buy the idea of Yahweh being the only true god. I'm a god. And we're not alone in the universe.

Go and read the thread, you obviously never read it talk less of understanding the premise of what is being put forward. You introduced 'skydaddy' into this conversation, SO TELL US WHAT YOU MEAN BY SKYDADDY.

HenryDion:

You asked if I have been able to manipulate any of the energy within.. Well, that's a big YES. Through mediation, I have tapped into abilities and realms I never knew existed. How I wish you can just wake up from this xtain delusion and see the real world.

The energy within you is not intrinsic to you, it is not generated by you, if the owner requires it now, you die immediately! What is 'xtain delusion', did you see it on my thread? Show me.

Again, I tell you you have neither special abilities nor have you visited extraordinary realms, this thread is proof. Had you these encounters that you brag about, you wouldn't spew this load of childish nonsense here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by bennyann: 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
MrPresident1:

Start thinking. Can you see atoms and molecules? NO. But you BELIEVE that they exist because you see matter, don't you? That is FAITH. YOU BELIEVE BECAUSE YOU SEE.

So faith exists isn't it? Now go and read the thread again and understand what that faith you say exists really is.

Now, you need to understand the nature of faith, if you have faith in yourself, is that not an example of intrinsic faith in God? God built you, He built the universe and God is invisible, yet we see His work in creation, He built everything. Atoms and molecules are invisible, they are the building blocks of everything. The Energy, or Force that assembled those building blocks that eventually became you is God. Assemble leggo bricks and breathe life into it and let us see how far you go!
So, if something is broken, who is best placed to fix it, the manufacturer, No? So if creation needs help, where is the illogic of requesting the Creator for help? If it is broken, call the builder to fix it. The problem here is that you think you can do anything by your own power, you cannot. Of course you can, on the day you breathe life into the leggo bricks you have assembled!

Go and read the thread, you obviously never read it talk less of understanding the premise of what is being put forward. You introduced 'skydaddy' into this conversation, SO TELL US WHAT YOU MEAN BY SKYDADDY.

The energy within you is not intrinsic to you, it is not generated by you, if the owner requires it now, you die immediately! What is 'xtain delusion', did you see it on my thread? Show me.

Again, I tell you you have neither special abilities nor have you visited extraordinary realms, this thread is proof. Had you these encounters that you brag about, you wouldn't spew this load of childish nonsense here.

Respect!
I salute

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Science, Logic, And Common Sense Of Faith by bennyann: 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

grin

There's something to gain on this thread you know.

You don't use the past to discredit every other thing. tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ozubulu Killing:Bishop Buries His Father In Grand Style.See Reactions(pics) / Is It Right For A Woman To Be A Pastor? / Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.