Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police (87072 Views)

Imo Police Kill Martins Nwoke, Dismissed Sergeant In Gun Battle Over Kidnapping / He Only Pretended To Be Dead - Police Reacts To Report Of Killing Bus Driver / Zenith Bank Robbery; "Why Brave Policeman Had To Run Away During Shootout". PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 10, 2017
tk4rd:
Thank you for wishing him well..
If we go by what The Nigerian Police Officers are doing to innocent people, they all deserve terrible deaths after-all

Only uncouth Nigerians would wish terrible deaths on any Nigerian Police personnel because of a few bad apples.

They are the ones standing guard for us.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2017
OneHead:

*This is not a celebrity gist or gossip* Dear Lalasticla, Dearest Mynd44, if this post is fake, block me from assessing the create option for 1 year.

Very soon, other media would verify and publish my findings and you guys will laud them.

Good morning pipu.
Nigerians causing wahala up and down. They don't even know the effect of an AK 47.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by saxyminia: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2017
very big fat lie seeing d video d mopol escaped let dm tell us dt he ws killed subsequently afta dt incident nr be say na dt incident kill am lie lie.y did d so called injured police nt come out
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by I888(m): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2017
aysnoopy:
I've been watching d video, and I was like dis guy has been shot, but it's so painful that he died. I wish it's not true.
my brother, I knew that guy was killed that day. It's very obvious from the video and so I am not surprised.

Too bad only one police officer was around.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by I888(m): 10:20am On Jun 10, 2017
ruggedtimi:
so sad...bravest nigerian caught on tape, nigeria police havnt arrested the robbers yet with the cctv evidence ...trust NYPD to be at the robbers doorstep after watching that video
they have been caught since. Even the driver was shot in the leg.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by tk4rd: 10:20am On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Only uncouth Nigerians would wish terrible deaths on any Nigerian Police personnel because of a few bad apples.

They are the ones standing guard for us.
Meanwhile, pray you don't encounter then..
If you are a police personnel or related to one, then pray your close friends don't encounter them.
The Bad Eggs in the Nigerian Police are too many my brother.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2017
a pistol would have been a better weapon in this senerio due to its accuracy and low recoil compared to that of the enemies AK-47..

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Vecharry(m): 10:26am On Jun 10, 2017
Always be prepared. POLICE MAN STATIONED IN A BANK. What else were u especting would come visit

2 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Ifebazz(m): 10:26am On Jun 10, 2017
madridguy:
Well, I guess the NPF intentional declared the gallant officer dead for security reasons because from the video so far the officer escaped unhurt.

Anyhow, may the peace of thy Lord be with him.
Do you know if he escaped into a cul de sac? He could have been shot dead where he ran to if the escape route was not open. He was gallant anyways.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Sweetrolly(m): 10:26am On Jun 10, 2017
madridguy:
Well, I guess the NPF intentional declared the gallant officer dead for security reasons because from the video so far the officer escaped unhurt.

Anyhow, may the peace of thy Lord be with him.
Bro I think that man was shot Watch the video carefully that robber at the door of the car was so close so it's likely that police man was hit

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by purplekayc(m): 10:30am On Jun 10, 2017
But these people get mind for broad day light.
They were even still.in town latet

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 10, 2017
tk4rd:
Meanwhile, pray you don't encounter then..
If you are a police personnel or related to one, then pray your close friends don't encounter them.
The Bad Eggs in the Nigerian Police are too many my brother.

I don't believe in those sorts of nonsensical prayers.

I just did about 1,000 kilometers on Nigerian roads in May, met many LEO checkpoints including police and had no issues.

My life journey is different from yours. I continue to celebrate Nigerian LEOs.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by naturalwaves: 10:30am On Jun 10, 2017
Akoja360:
a pistol would have been a better weapon in this senerio due to its accuracy and low recoil compared to that of the enemies AK-47..
That's true, it has a lower recoil velocity but at that moment, there was no chance to hold and point a pistol. The officers are badly trained. They didn't have a good situation awareness and everything happened so fast within 30 seconds or less so there was no time for pistol at all. Moreover, most police officers and soldiers lack the will and motivation. When I used to be a banker, I am usually surprised when I see a lot of people coming to purchase Army forms. Out of curiosity I usually ask each person why they want to join the army and 97% out of 100, I got the same answer of no job! Just to keep body and soul together. If you are not connected, you will be posted to the North. Smh.
Rip to the Mopol.

3 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by wiwa94: 10:33am On Jun 10, 2017
I SALUTE HIM, DEAD OR ALIVE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2017
Vecharry:
Always be prepared. POLICE MAN STATIONED IN A BANK. What else were u especting would come visit

I was at Skye banks ATM in Challenge/Ibadan last month and watched a rickety armored van pull into the bank premises. Out lept about 5 police officers from an even more rickety police pickup.

Do you know that those asshats simply just stood up stretched, looked for a nice shade under the tree and proceeded to yarn tales to each other?

No defensive stance, no situational observation, nothing. They are simply bored shitless and unfit for guard duty.

3 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by RoyalBlak007: 10:35am On Jun 10, 2017
♤He was outnumbered,

♤i don't blame him for running,After he shot that dude... probably he felt the robbers were still more outside coming....So he took the chance when he had it

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 10, 2017
naturalwaves:

That's true, it has a lower recoil velocity but at that moment, there was no chance to hold and point a pistol. The officers are badly trained. They didn't have a good situation awareness and everything happened so fast within 30 seconds or less so there was no time for pistol at all. Moreover, most police officers and soldiers lack the will and motivation. When I used to be a banker, I am usually surprised when I see a lot of people coming to purchase Army forms. Out of curiosity I usually ask each person why they want to join the army and 97% out of 100, I got the same answer of no job! Just to keep body and soul together. If you are not connected, you will be posted to the North. Smh.
Rip to the Mopol.

I don't know your experience with firearms but the perfect weapon for that scenario is actually a pistol.

A pistol is the first firearm to take to a close range fight due to accuracy, relatively low recoil, ease of transition from target to target, ease of concealment and ability to continue to return fire in tight quarters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFxG6JPsiys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cah20wSr38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLD0jarnKmQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blUKn6K-_n8

Nigerians should subscribe to this channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsE_m2z1NrvF2ImeNWh84mw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by tta(m): 10:38am On Jun 10, 2017
D brave mopol is not dead if u take look at d video very well u'll realize d mopol at d corner still return fire, u can even c d rubber dodging bullets. Just for security reasons is dead. How can they tell us they don't his identity n his age is not possible at all

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by sucess001(m): 10:39am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
my question is why did he leave the vantage point and cover of that room he was where he had an advantage ? he is brave but he is stupid also. RIP tho. he had the advantage when he was in that room and he had cover but he chose to run out and then got shot.

when he was in that room anyone who walks up to the room is at a disadvantage as you saw when the robber walked up to the room and got shot and killed by him.

if he remains in the room....he has restricted himself and its more dangerous. what if he runs out of amunition?

if not that the robber was stupid....the robber cud have stayed outside and stretch his hand and gun in the room and continue shooting...

hence staying in the room is not wise.

4 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Yomiwayne80(m): 10:40am On Jun 10, 2017
jtwest:
angry angry what do they mean by they don't know his age and his hometown? undecidedwhich kyn naija be this sef.

It's a top secret not to make known his identity.... What do you think now?
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by naturalwaves: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I don't know your experience with firearms but the perfect weapon for that scenario is actually a pistol.

A pistol is the first firearm to take to a close range fight due to accuracy, relatively low recoil, ease of transition from target to target, ease of concealment and ability to continue to return fire in tight quarters.
Yeah, I get but as you can see, the officer could not take a close range fight. He did not even know the nature or type of person in front of him. At that stage, trying to even look up to aim was going to have him dead immediately.All he wanted to do was to take cover before anything else and all these was due to poor situation awareness. So, yes! I agree that a pistol was the best weapon to use but there was no time. They were caught unawares. If you observe, in situations where pistols are usually used, the user is usually a bit calm and aware of his surroundings. Reverse was the case here.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by tk4rd: 10:44am On Jun 10, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I don't believe in those sorts of nonsensical prayers.

I just did about 1,000 kilometers on Nigerian roads in May, met many LEO checkpoints including police and had no issues.

My life journey is different from yours. I continue to celebrate Nigerian LEOs.
Before nko.??
No two human beings have the same life journey
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by tta(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2017
D brave mopol is not dead if u take look at d video very well u'll realize d mopol at d corner still return fire, u can even c d rubber dodging bullets. Just for security reasons is dead. How can they tell us they don't his identity n his age is not possible at all
Ifebazz:

Do you know if he escaped into a cul de sac? He could have been shot dead where he ran to if the escape route was not open. He was gallant anyways.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2017
imam07:
The cop ran to a tight angle between d bank building and the fence. That is why the armed robber guy was unable to get to him.
IF your live in Owerri, please authenticate your statement with a pictorial evidence. I'm curious to know the outlook of where he ran to since the CCTV didn't capture.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 10, 2017
naturalwaves:

Yeah, I get but as you can see, the officer could not take a close range fight. He did not even know the nature or type of person in front of him. At that stage, trying to even look up to aim was going to have him dead immediately.All he wanted to do was to take cover before anything else and all these was due to poor situation awareness. So, yes! I agree that a pistol was the best weapon to use but there was no time. They were caught unawares. If you observe, in situations where pistols are usually used, the user is usually a bit calm and aware of his surroundings. Reverse was the case here.

You are right and it mimics what I had said earlier.

The LEO's woke up disadvantaged.

One or two of them should always be outside their post to observe and be aware.

I knew the black car was up to no good from the get-go and they should have focused on it. The first bad guy that came out with an AK should have been shot dead and then the driver nailed through the windscreen.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by tta(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2017
I888:
my brother, I knew that guy was killed that day. It's very obvious from the video and so I am not surprised.

Too bad only one police officer was around.

4 Likes

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by femolala001(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2017
Mehn.. the thieves are heartless o.. they never bothered to check on their member if he is still alive or dead. I guess they have been arrested now.

1 Like

Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2017
tk4rd:
Before nko.??
No two human beings have the same life journey

Exactly, so one shouldn't expect me to have my civil rights violated just because theirs were.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 10, 2017
femolala001:
Mehn.. the thieves are heartless o.. they never bothered to check on their member if he is still alive or dead. I guess they have been arrested now.

No honor amongst thieves.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by KingAfo(m): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2017
damoneymag:
that's why i dislike the force.. Be it the army or police. His lovely wife (if married) has become a widow.. R.I.P
na lie why won't they know The man...the man is alive. They said he is dead for security reasons obviously
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by kayo80(m): 10:52am On Jun 10, 2017
ruggedtimi:
so sad...bravest nigerian caught on tape, nigeria police havnt arrested the robbers yet with the cctv evidence ...trust NYPD to be at the robbers doorstep after watching that video

The armed robbers have already been caught.
Re: The Brave Sergeant In The Zenith Bank Robbery Video Is Dead - Police by mekaboy(m): 10:54am On Jun 10, 2017
sukkot:
my question is why did he leave the vantage point and cover of that room he was where he had an advantage ? he is brave but he is stupid also. RIP tho. he had the advantage when he was in that room and he had cover but he chose to run out and then got shot.

when he was in that room anyone who walks up to the room is at a disadvantage as you saw when the robber walked up to the room and got shot and killed by him.

They would have killed him there. AK 47 would normally have about 30 rounds. He would have run out of bullets.

He probably had no backup, he took the best decision to him at that point. If not for the guy in the back, he would have escaped?

I still don't think he is dead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Found Pictures Of Herself In A Bottle In Her Friend's Closet (Photos) / Woman Allegedly Killed By Her Husband's Brothers...they Butchered Her [G.PHOTOS] / Yahoo Boy Eats Feces In Warri While Doing The New Yahoo Plus. Photos, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.