Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,974 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. (40540 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by neutrotoba(m): 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by 0b100100111: 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
Best solution is too add sniper to his drink!

He will be mute for life!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Elijahhopelarry(m): 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
lol...op tell him to shut up nah
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by iamkneeyi: 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
Omo ale jatijati
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by pmc01(m): 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
This OP is a waste of his Daddy's investment. Your Dad deserves a complete refund of all he has spent on you.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
Sorry to ask but does he say nasty things like boobs, ass, how he f**ked back in the days. If no, your dad is normal.

I think the problem is from you, your mom and sisters. The old man needs company and y'all glued to your gadgets and stuffs.

You can make him your friend and stop alienating yourself from him. sad

23 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Guyman02: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
A good child will listen attentively when her father is talking and learn and get a lot of necessary information that will be useful in future, but unfortunately you prefer to concentrate on your phone, browsing and testing.

In recent past adults used to tell a lot of stories to the kids and they were never accused of talking too much like kids of nowadays.

Modern gadgets is taking the place of interpersonal relationships in families sadly and you are a victim just like many of us

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by ramdris(m): 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

If you can't get the joke in my comment then you're more miserable than I thought. Insulent bastard...you and your generations unborn will continue to suffer for this ill mannered comments of yours. Just watch.

Get off my mentions you worm.
Chill bro...Av come to discover here on this forum that some peeps can identify a joke in ones comment such is this case...

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
if
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

Let me use 5 out of million of scenario to define my case.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

4. He talks every seconds when he is in the house or when anyone is with him.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.

I haven't had a father for 17 years now. I lost my father at a very tender age. You have no idea what a treasure it is to have him around as you mature into adulthood. If you don't mind mind, let's become friends so that with style I can hang out with your old man.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by thestevens: 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
So you carry your
Papacase come here?,next time when he is talking simply tell him to shut up so that he will think twice before talking
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by iykofias(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ur papa na apprentice to my boss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by adisabarber(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
Leave his house.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Jmaxinc: 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
might be old age

DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

"My dad talks too much" and by saying too much I did not mean he's crazy or something, I mean he talks sensible thing for an absurd long period of time.

1. Anytime the family is complete inside the house, and everyone is quiet; busy with something, I browsing on my phone, my little brother playing video game, my sister using beads, mum watching TV and my dad? Talking. When it is very obvious that no one cares to listen, he continue talking.

2. If any of my friends came to visit me, they will become my dad's guest. From the very first moment they say "Good morning" to him, he started talking, asking them questions, essp about their work, school, and talking about his own life too. Like what is happening now, I can see awkward smile on their face as they listen but just don't want to walk away leaving him embarrassed.

3. One day, I was chatting with girlfriend till late in the night, he woke up and say a light in the male children's room, he came in and started accusing me of internet fraud. We talked and talked till we settle it at dawn. From 2 to 4.30. In the morning, my dad started the topic with my mum again.

5. He make anyone he saw with me (or any of my siblings) to introduce themselves. Indoor or outdoor.

I don't usually talk about my family affair with people but nobody knows me here or my dad.

I just want to know how to handle situation like this because I've started thinking of leaving the house. Maybe I'll learn to accept him when I don't see him everyday.

See? He is starting already... continues to talk when I'm not even looking at him.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by KratosCorp: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
grin grin grin

It would have been better to explain how old you are. But I feel you are overreacting.

I think your dad is truley overbearing kind of, but you probably need to talk this over with your mum, politely, or perhaps create some space for yourself - like going into the room when you feel you cannnot bear the talks anymore.

In any case, work hard on your mind to not habor disdain for your dad. Thisis 'cause I'm afraid it seems that's already happening.

DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by melody91: 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry
Put spiders in your dad's food

They will spin webs in his throat and he won't be able to talk much.

wayre ni bobo yi wahalai and to the topic, @Op omo ale ni e..kini mo pe? (you're a bastard ,wetin I talk?)
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by judemeritjude(m): 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
hahaha,this is funny, whenever you see am,just run for ur life,
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2017
You have a great dad you don't know. You are obviously a teenager.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
Father is like a sun ☀️. He burns himself to get us rid of darkness..
my bro no matter what your dad does always tolerate him because he invested so much in you since you're young up to this moment without complaining..
He is growing old and sometimes they tend to be more lonely that's why they kinda put up some attitude . My dad sometimes does that too but we just have to overlook that and accept them the way they are.

You might stop inviting your friend over to your home if you think what he does sometimes embarrasses you .

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by seedorfg(m): 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
grin
more like onitukutu abi
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by donspero(m): 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
op he needs you to improve especially your english skills. after all a saying goes and I quote "Pikin wey no gre em mama slp, em self no go slp"
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by deeway200(m): 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
au sure u not the same? you brought ur father's issue to a public place. Are u not a talkative too
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by deeway200(m): 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
au sure u not the same? you brought ur father's issue to a public place. Are u not a talkative too?
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Sailo: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
I believe it's old age,he just need to be talking to someone.If u r matured enough then u just ve to give a little gap from ur dad's house.Old age sometimes can be annoying but just use ur sense ok.u can also pray for that spirit to always keep quiet whenever u r at home.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
DY20:
Hi Nairalanders!

May I ask how old you are? Is this a recent situation or he's been like this since you can remember?

Answer to those questions will inform an appropriate solution.

In the meantime discuss with your mum to talk to your dad.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sorextee(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
Just imagine... grin grin grin

BiafraBushBoy:
Cover his mouth with an adhesive!!

or

Fart whenever he is talking. He will surely run for cover.
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by igbohausayoruba: 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
Sorry bro
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by Cloud007: 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
Introduce daddy to Nairaland.....I bet he will stop bordering you guyz. Issues no dey finish for here

You guyz are dulling daddy na.....he needs to be adequately engaged.

12 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by faruz: 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

You no go die better death
grin grin cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by pinkpant: 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by sorextee(m): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
That escalated quickly.. From a peaceful response, to this...

feelgoodInc:

I'm not sure you had a father when you were growing up, that's because your mama was a joke, you're a low life B. A. S. T. A. R. D
fnnk the mods.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders Help! My Dad Talks Too Much. by stevecantrell: 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
OP google the meaning of "hypo-mania" he might be a sufferer of the condition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sick Musa Under The Town Planning Bridge Linking Ilupeju To Anthony Village / His Maid Is Pregnant For Him And He Wants Abortion / See Face Of Man Who Battered His Wife & Inflicted Deep Cut On Her In Lagos(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.