Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS (6813 Views)

Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / Residence Of Senate President Blocked This Morning (pics/video) / Osun Residents Storm Residence Of Isiaka Adeleke Who Died This Morning. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by ProsperOkec: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2017
Prosperity Okechukwu

- Igbos have begun fleeing northern states such as Kaduna, Kano following the eviction order given by northern youths

- Those fleeing the north do not trust the government to protect them

- They fear for their lives because as some noted, none of the people who gave the quit notice has been arrested yet

Some Igbos resident in the north have already begun relocating to other parts of Nigeria, following the quit notice issued by the Coalition of Northern Youths.

Though the directive has now been rescinded, barely a week ago, the Coalition of Northern Youths had given all Igbos resident in the north a three month directive to vacate the region, and also asked Hausas in the east to return back to their places of origin.

According to a report by Daily Post, during a visit to the God is Good Motor Park in Mando, Kaduna State on Thursday, June 8, the park was brimming with Igbos returning back to the east.

One of the fleeing Igbos identified himself as Ifeanyi Odozie, an electric appliance dealer.

Some Igbos leaving the North

[img]https://i.onthe.io/vllkytsbqc1avg158.fe412b41.jpg[/img]
According to Odozie, he was leaving because he didn’t want to put his family at risk.

He further disclosed that he did not trust the government to protect him and his family.

Odozie stated: “I have been in this place for thirty years but I think I have overstayed my welcome here. I will take my family to the village and return by next week to sell off some of my belongings here.

“The federal government won’t be there to save us when problem starts.

“Since they (the northern youths) gave their order, who has been arrested?

“I also have my village, it is high time I returned home.”

Another Igbo who was interviewed identified herself as Chioma Okoye, a trader of second hand clothes at the Kaduna Central market in Kaduna.

In her words: “I want to go and rest for a while. I really don’t know what these people are up to. I will come back when they are ready to accommodate us.”

In Kano state, the situation was the same.

An angry Igbo man who identified himself as Mazi Obiekwe angrily scolded a reporter saying, “go and ask Buhari and his kinsmen why they want us to leave their land.”

Nigerians have however started reacting to Igbos leaving the North. Below is a few reactions gathered by NAIJ.com:

Meanwhile, NAIJ.com had previously reported that the federal government has formally reacted to the quit notice issued by northern youths to Igbos living in the north saying the Igbos are free to live anywhere in the country.

The youths had stirred nationwide uproar when they issued a statement giving a 90-day ultimatum to Igbos in the north to leave.

The minister of interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau, in a statement issued on Wednesday, June 7, urged Igbos and other Nigerians to go about their business without fear.

By Buchi

Source
https://www.naij.com/1109059-igbos-fleeing-north-following-quit-notice.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by LOC1(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2017
Hmmmm. What a country we live in.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by AngelicDamsel(f): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2017
Eyah
Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by greymiles: 11:14am On Jun 10, 2017
Thousands ke!

Why were d igbos there in d first place.
You've been agitating for years now yet you live in thousands up north

12 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by tripoli007(m): 11:14am On Jun 10, 2017
Lalasticlala this people are moving in a snake like way ohh .. Take this post to.the promise land

9 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by NaijaMutant(f): 11:16am On Jun 10, 2017
ok
Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2017
tripoli007:
Lalasticlala this people are moving in a snake like way ohh .. Take this post to.the promise land

When Nnamdi Kanu ordered Igbos to kill Hausas elders didn't warn him. Now this is beyond our control

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by tripoli007(m): 11:19am On Jun 10, 2017
IpobExposed:

When Nnamdi Kanu ordered Igbos to kill Hausas elders didn't warn him. Now this is beyond our control

Who dey follow u drag nnamdi kalu or Hausa elders .abeg shift

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by ProsperOkec: 11:19am On Jun 10, 2017
ProsperOkec Mynd44 Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by deedeedeee2: 11:19am On Jun 10, 2017
Good! Now it is time for your leaders to fight for rederendum so you can get biafra. We share nothing in common in this country. Even after 100 years, we still hate ourselves, why cant we just split so that there will be peace? I dont want my unborn children to live in a country like this. I want them to live with people they share similar culture, language. A place they can call home. There is no place like home.
Yorubas will do better than nigeria. This i am certain.
Oodua for Yorubas.
Arewa for Hausas.
Biafra for Igbos.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by HammerEvery(f): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2017
Hausas are also scarce this morning in my street. Let everybody go their seperate ways.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2017
With such scenerio... our econony would only crash faster and the little effort being initiated would go down the drain..

The problem is where is the president and the executive and what are they doing or saying? THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF NEEDS TO CALM THINGS DOWN.

This is the best and second oppurtunity to BUHARI to unite the country...

How would a president be mute when such is happening, who does that?

ITS BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY... protect your lives while you still can..

5 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2017
tripoli007:

Who dey follow u drag nnamdi kalu or Hausa elders .abeg shift
Nnamdi Kanu as a terrorist in chief ordered Igbos to kill Hausas close to them.

8 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2017
The drums of war are sounding hard and loud.. And yet our we are deaf to that sound. Especially here on nairaland.
Now, not all Igbos will leave the North, after the expiration of the ultimatum and probably violence erupts Igbos, Yorubas, and even Hausas will be killed.
If not that these Arewa guys are f00ls.
There are more northeners in non-northern states around the country than any other tribes. Because all I see :
Children will become orphans;
Parents will become childless;
Friends will deny themselves especially friends of different tribes;
People especially youths who cannot eat Rice without dodo or gaari without g.nut grin will struggle hard to get roasted lizard.
I repeat the gong of war is sounding.

Once this stuff turns to war. We should remember that not only Nigerian soldiers will be involved.... I dey fear war ooo...

4 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by kings09(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2017
It had begun. The beginning of the end of Nigeria. Northerners shld start same.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by auntysimbiat(f): 11:23am On Jun 10, 2017
Living or leaving.. ?

Op , y u dey shoot yourself for leg na?

3 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Izumarock70(m): 11:24am On Jun 10, 2017
Could this be same reason Igbos are leaving nairaland to biafrasay.com? God help us

8 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Funlord2(m): 11:24am On Jun 10, 2017
It is finished!
Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Izumarock70(m): 11:25am On Jun 10, 2017
Ok
Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Izumarock70(m): 11:26am On Jun 10, 2017
What about those leaving nairaland to biafrasay.com? Is it not same thing?

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Thewrath(m): 11:31am On Jun 10, 2017
The news is fake!
Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Cooly100: 11:31am On Jun 10, 2017
greymiles:
Thousands ke!

Why were d igbos there in d first place.
You've been agitating for years now yet you live in thousands up north

Mumu question...have your fulani herdsmen left the east? What about your military made up of almost northerners. They have been agitating for years, your people also shouldn't be in the east...as well...What kept Nigeria in this stupid state, is because of people like you...You have no idea what equity means...

8 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Young03(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2017
video or its a lie
Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by vantage001: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2017
Little by little, the collateral damage is dissipating. I will like to see what the north will use as bargaining chips in future conflicts with the east.
Evil people.

2 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by PROUDLYAFONJA1: 11:36am On Jun 10, 2017
Lol back to square one land of potopoto erosion poverty land, i hope they are living their 44 trillions investment in north behind o because that one is my joy, but how's namadi kunu going to feed all dis trains amajiri now because i here he was a jobless man selling fake products in uk be he came to Nigeria to brainwashed his people embarassed

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Nne5: 11:39am On Jun 10, 2017
PROUDLYAFONJA1:
[s]Lol back to square one land of potopoto erosion poverty land, i hope they are living their 44 trillions investment in north behind o because that one is my joy, but how's namadi kunu going to feed all dis trains amajiri now because i here he was a jobless man selling fake products in uk be he came to Nigeria to brainwashed his people[/s] embarassed
Does this crap even make sense to you?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Nne5: 11:39am On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Ugomba(m): 11:40am On Jun 10, 2017
PROUDLYAFONJA1:
Lol back to square one land of potopoto erosion poverty land, i hope they are living their 44 trillions investment in north behind o because that one is my joy, but how's namadi kunu going to feed all dis trains amajiri now because i here he was a jobless man selling fake products in uk be he came to Nigeria to brainwashed his people embarassed
you have wrote this 28 times today.
Stop sweating, Igbos are leaving. Go and say goodbye to all your Igbo friends.

11 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by greymiles: 11:40am On Jun 10, 2017
Cooly100:

Mumu question...have your fulani herdsmen left the east? What about your military made up of almost northerners. They have been agitating for years, your people also shouldn't be in the east...as well...What kept Nigeria in this stupid state, is because of people like you...You have no idea what equity means...
Wat does equity mean my broda!

U claim to be so self reliant and dat u re d power house of Nigeria economy.
For a group dat has called on Trump and Israel to come and destroy d rest if Nigeria on ur behalf and yet dey still reside in thousands in those same regions show how deluded and backward ur shepherd and u slughish sheeps are

6 Likes

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by chaloner(m): 11:41am On Jun 10, 2017
PROUDLYAFONJA1:
after effect of Igbo leaving will hurt d north badly

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Aniomadei2: 11:41am On Jun 10, 2017
FAKE NEWS FROM IPOB. IGBOS WILL PROTECT THEIR INVESTMENT ANYWHERE IN NIGERIA. NO GOING BACK TO ONE NIGERIA. F**K IPOB, MILITANT AND BOKO HARAM

1 Like

Re: Thousands Of Igbos Living North This Morning PICS by Super1Star: 11:41am On Jun 10, 2017
Blame Supreme Scammer Lunatic Nnamid Kunnu for this.

He started the hate gospel and the Northerners simply reciprocated his kind gesture.

Just imagine Yorubas adding their own fuel to the inferno. It will definitely turn to a full conflagration.

7 Likes

(1) (2)

Petrol: Smuggling, Hoarding, Pump Adjustment, Others Worsen Scarcity / Photos Of Northerners Stopping Trucks From Supplying Food Items To Southwest / APC Holds Campaign Rally In Gwiwa Local Government, Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.