Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

2baba Vows To Donate 60% Of His New Song’s Earnings To Refugees And Idps - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 2baba Vows To Donate 60% Of His New Song’s Earnings To Refugees And Idps (379 Views)

Bobrisky To Donate 28th Birthday Cake To Couple About To Wed (Photo) / Tonto Dikeh To Donate 10 Bags Of Rice To 10 Single Moms / 2face Idibia To Donate 60% Of Song Proceed To Refugees, Idps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2baba Vows To Donate 60% Of His New Song’s Earnings To Refugees And Idps by ebene4nija: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2017
Legendary Nigerian musician, 2Baba has pledged to donate 60 percent of the proceeds from his song to the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR), Nigeria, to assist Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).

The African Pop legend, who is the chairman of the Tuface Foundation, made the pledge on Thursday during his visit to the UNHCR office in Abuja.

According to him, the song would be launched in commemoration of the World Refugees Day on June 20.

2Baba said;

“I have decided to dedicate my time, resources and my voice to support the UNHCR in this massive endeavor of alleviating the sufferings of displaced persons.

On the June 20th which is the world refugees’ day, I am going to be commissioning a song and this song will be monetized.

60 per cent of the proceeds will be donated to the UNHCR to further its humanitarian effort to alleviating the plights of refugees and IDPs. We want people to join in this campaign by downloading the song to use it as their ring tones, caller back tones.

This download, which would cost between N50 to N100, it’s an opportunity for every Nigerian to contribute in their own little way to the course of assisting displaced persons.’’

Deputy Representative on Protection, UNHCR, Bridgette Mukanga-Eno appreciated the Tuface foundation for supporting UNHCR in its intervention in the North-East.

She said that the collaboration started when the agency received a donation from the foundation in February to support its activities in the North-East.

She added that from the donation, vocational facilities including mechanic trainings, iron bending, carpentry for the men and sewing for the ladies among others.

source: https://jamz.ng/blog-posts/2baba-vows-donate-60-new-songs-earnings-refugees-idps/
Re: 2baba Vows To Donate 60% Of His New Song’s Earnings To Refugees And Idps by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 10, 2017
He's using the masses money for charity not his own money. Why must people download songs for #100? He's only trying to make money not do charity grin
Re: 2baba Vows To Donate 60% Of His New Song’s Earnings To Refugees And Idps by CIOSYLVA(m): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
Forget that coward

It will still be like how he vowed for his protest after he ran away..
Re: 2baba Vows To Donate 60% Of His New Song’s Earnings To Refugees And Idps by ojun50(m): 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
No whala sha na 100 nd 50 i go contribute
Re: 2baba Vows To Donate 60% Of His New Song’s Earnings To Refugees And Idps by Mrop(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
wow

(1) (Reply)

Hannah Agboola Erupts At Lotan Carter In A Big Row / Local Champion, I Love It - Davido Replies Wizkid Again / Top Rap Collaboration In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.