Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless (776 Views)

Jim Nwobodo: It Is The Right Of The Igbo To Produce The President / Accountant-General Of The Federation’s Office In Abuja Is On Fire / The PVC Conspiracy Against The Igbos Of SE/SS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless by myplaydiary: 1:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
Abia state, The state is gifted with human and natural resources for fabrics, leather and metal fabrication. Abia is blessed with numerous resources which set the state as one of the very best in the federation, Here are the natural/mineral resources in the state: Laterite, Tar, Crude Oil, Natural Gas, Lead, Zinc, Flora like Iroko, Mahogany, Obeche, Bamboo, Rubber Tree and Oil Palm, Gypsum, Limestone, Iron Ore.

Anambra State, The state is blessed with the following resources: Bauxite, Natural Gas, Crude Oil, Rubber; not forgetting that it has 30 Trillion cubic feet of Gas, deposit of coal.

Ebonyi State, The resources include: Lead, Crude Oil, and Natural Gas, huge limestone deposits at nkalagu, Ebonyi is called "the salt of the nation" for its huge salt deposit at the Okposi and Uburu Salt Lakes. Others include Sale, Zinc, Lead, Natural Gas, Crude Oil, Gold and other Solid Minerals.

Enugu State, Enugu is endowed with Coal which is where it derives its slogan “Coal City state” from. Other resources include: Zinc, Lead, Oil.

Imo State, Imo is Naturally endowed with natural resources from crude oil, natural gas, lead, zinc, Flora like the iroko, mahogany, obeche, bamboo, rubber tree and oil palm predominate.

Human Resources: The Igbo's boast of the most intellectual Human Resources in the country both locally and internationally, Igbo's have constantly and consistently put Nigeria on the world map for churning out great intellect in all sectors of human endeavors from Science, Art, culture, literature, Economics mathematics etc, the likes of Chike Obi, Philip Emagwali, Late Dora Akunyili, Prof Cihnua Achebe comes to mind.

Trade and Commerce: It is not news and cannot be overly exaggerated that Igbo's control the trade and commerce in the nation, this cannot be argued on any level or scale as the only competition the Igbo's have today in trade and commerce in the country today is Igbo themselves who are also in to large and aggressive scale business and second to none their number one partners and associates are Chinese, Indians and Lebanese.

Generating Revenue: The revenue generated by Igbo business men can never be overestimated because the Igbo's are overly generating funds for the FG and Various state governments in the federation by their chain of business activities in form of tax payment, buying of government stalls and importation of goods, it is no longer secret that 60% of goods coming into Lagos ports are owned by Igbo business men and 60% of those goods go to the SE.

City Planning and Development: No ethnic group can claim to have developed Nigeria more than the Igbo's or like the Igbo's. The development of Igbo's in Lagos and Abuja cannot be over emphasized, in a state like Lagos Igbo's have signature areas that have been solely developed by them which only areas on the island can compete with these areas are Okota, Canal Estate, Festac, Ajao Estate, Amuwo odofin, Festac extension, just to name a few. Igbo's even built their own markets in Lagos and provided their own infrastructure, an example Igbo's built Alaba international markets, built Oduade market, built aspanda trade fair market and even built a connecting flyover that takes customers directly into the marketplace to avoid traffic gridlocks, built road, built police post, bank premises, fire stations etc.
Coming to Abuja it not news that one of the FCT ministers said that Igbo's own 60% of the real estate in Abuja same can be said for Lagos.

Global representation; While we continue to read about Igbo's breaking bounds across the globes everyday these names however have come to stay and put Not just Igbo's on the World map but Nigeria as a Nation Ngozi Okonjo Iwela, Chiamanda N. Adiche, Oby Ezekwesili.

Indigenous manufacturing and production: Igbo control the indigenous manufacturing and production industry in the country and lead in these aspect Innoson Vehicle Plant in Nnewi the first of it kind in sub-saharan Africa, Zinox computer, Anambra also has the highest number of indigenous companies in Nigeria, Aba is the fabrication capital of sub-Saharan Africa and also lead in fabric and leather finished production in the region.

Employment: Igbo's own many of the blue chip companies in the federation from the Banking, oil and gas, telecommunications, mobile and internet broadband service, Pharmaceuticals, shipping, real estate sectors etc by virtue of these companies Igbo's provide hundred of thousands of job opportunities for Nigerians within and outside the shores of those country.

Economic growth and development: By virtue of Igbo investment in industry, blue chip companies trade and commerce it is clear to see the Igbo's contribution to Economic growth and development cannot be undermined or overlooked by virtue of the scale, spread and resources that the Igbo put into the Economy of the federation.

You know that SE and Igbo's in general contribute so much to this Federation when the entire North comprising of 19 states compare themselves with the SE of just 5 states that have been marginalized, underutilized and underdeveloped by the FG.

However note that this Exposition does not include natural resources of Igboland in SS.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless by PatrickOkunima(m): 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
There too numerous to mention.

1 Like

Re: Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless by MrBONE2(m): 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
cheesy
Re: Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless by raker300: 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
Everyone knows this they're just too embarrassed to admit it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless by igbozionism(m): 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
op, truely I am disappointed in you. the mischief makers has asked this question more than 100 times on nairaland and we have provided the answers for them and won in every argument about this topic. so for anyone to bring up this issue again, he or she is being mischievous and doesn't deserve an answer because they will still ask the same tomorrow.

op, simply ignore people asking what Igbo's contribute and quit creating threads to answer them because doing so dignifies their question which already lacks fact and is laden with mischief and hypocrisy!

This thread is unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless by Iamwrath: 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
No body else contributes to the Nation i presume ?
Re: Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless by myplaydiary: 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
igbozionism:
op, truely I am disappointed in you. the mischief makers has asked this question more than 100 times on nairaland and we have provided the answers for them and won in every argument about this topic. so for anyone to bring up this issue again, he or she is being mischievous and doesn't deserve an answer because they will still ask the same tomorrow.

op, simply ignore people asking what Igbo's contribute and quit creating threads to answer them because doing so dignifies their question which already lacks fact and is laden with mischief and hypocrisy!

This thread is unnecessary.
while your assertions might be right I will highlight why it is important that we address whatever is brought each time it comes up.

Now, you need to be obvious of the fact that everyday new readers come to Nairaland from across the globe and when the go through the thread what the see is what they learn and believe to be true many of them are not aware of threads addressing these issues so the simply stick with the baseless claim that you wish to ignore, before I decided to register on Nairaland I had a feeling Igbo's were not doing enough because everyday I opened the politics section I saw threads bashing Igbo's or stating outright lies about the Igbo's without correctional threads being created by Igbo's, I bet many think like you said and assume that it has been address and simply ignore it, but ignoring them does more harm than good.

If you want to ignore such threads at all then revive one of the old threads that have addressed it or ensure to post a link in the first page of the lying thread as many might not look through other pages. Please drop the mind set of ignoring these propagandist because that is exactly what they need for their lies to sell and become facts, as we all know when a lie is repeated to often it becomes the truth and that's why these people keep repeating these lies ignoring them will be giving credence to these lies and our own undoing.

I hope I made some sense and I hope you do understand my point.
Re: Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless by myplaydiary: 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
Iamwrath:
No body else contributes to the Nation i presume ?
I simply stated what Igbo's contribute you can state what your people contribute on another thread.
Re: Just A Few Contribution Of SE And Igbo's To The Federation, Full List Is Endless by myplaydiary: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
ISKANDER16TH:
my broda this ISKANDER(OR OBIORAH in BIAFRASAY.COM) greeting my BOSS AFONJAHEADHUNTER we have finally vacated nairaland am helping a fellow biafran PROMOTE his site BIAFRASAY.COM SO THAT CROWD CAN TROOP IN. PLIS U ARE HIGHLY NEEDED THERE. I HAVE EVEN MOVED SOME OF YOUR TOPICS THEIR
Thanks brother I have been following you even though I try no to quote you so I don't chop ban I see your iskander14th handwork.

And I checked out that Biafrasay when I saw you showcasing it I will join you guys there soon. Correct guy you too much.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Facebook Users Criticize Bukola Saraki And His Daughters’ Dressing / Shehu Sani Dissociates People Of Kaduna From El-rufai’s Lashing Of Late Ahmadu B / Disastrous Fate Sealed On A Sunday In Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.