Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. (1311 Views)

Operation Transform 10,000 Minds / Doctor Using Candleslight For Operation / Cash Operation Or Information Technology Dept In Bank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by AdemolaA2: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hello good people , if you reside right in Lagos and you're good at solving operations research problems, please contact me urgently for a job. Also , if anyone has CIPM's Operations' Research and Insurance and Pensions management Text books to dispose , please contact me asap . Thanks!!!
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by Ekuns007: 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
Yeah sir, am good at it. Studying Industrial Engineering in University of ibadan but am still in sch tho. But I can help with questions if you can send them to me online
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by AdemolaA2: 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2017
Ekuns007:
Yeah sir, am good at it. Studying Industrial Engineering in University of ibadan but am still in sch tho. But I can help with questions if you can send them to me online

Thanks very much Sir . Will do whenever I come across one !!!
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by Ekuns007: 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ok sir
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by Ekuns007: 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2017
Ok sir.
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by olatola00(m): 7:23pm On Jun 20, 2017
AdemolaA2:
Hello good people , if you reside right in Lagos and you're good at solving operations research problems, please contact me urgently for a job. Also , if anyone has CIPM's Operations' Research and Insurance and Pensions management Text books to dispose , please contact me asap . Thanks!!!

I have an OR textbook but I'm not ready to dispose it, you can contact me for the job anyways. Whatsapp O8I6 768 I837
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by thankyouJesus(m): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2017
I can also help out. My area of expertise include but not limited to network, transport/transhipment, project management, and modeling. Still a student of University of Ibadan, Mathematics Department as my brother above.
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by spenca: 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2017
thankyouJesus:
I can also help out. My area of expertise include but not limited to network, transport/transhipment, project management, and modeling. Still a student of University of Ibadan, Mathematics Department as my brother above.

Are you knowledgeable in Linear programming ?
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by spenca: 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
AdemolaA2:

Have you gotten any CIPM past questions ?
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by AdemolaA2: 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2017
spenca:

Have you gotten any CIPM past questions ?
I've gotten the textbooks but not the past questions . Have you got any past questions for me Sir ?
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by spenca: 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2017
AdemolaA2:

I've gotten the textbooks but not the past questions . Have you got any past questions for me Sir ?

Nah, was hoping you would have some .
How is OR going ?
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 01, 2017
spenca:

I am knowledgeable in linear programming. Good evening
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by AdemolaA2: 10:09pm On Jul 01, 2017
spenca:

Nah, was hoping you would have some .
How is OR going ?
Not too good !!!
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by spenca: 1:03am On Jul 02, 2017
kelvinreality:

I am knowledgeable in linear programming. Good evening
Oh nice , how can you help , I am able to formulate the linear problem, don't understand how to proceed
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by spenca: 1:04am On Jul 02, 2017
AdemolaA2:
Not too good !!!

Which can you solve ?
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by sangresan(m): 5:16am On Jul 02, 2017
I know a little about LP and OR...
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by sangresan(m): 5:20am On Jul 02, 2017
Can we have your questions here?
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by spenca: 6:54am On Jul 02, 2017
sangresan:
Can we have your questions here?

A bottling company produces Fanta orange and Fanta lemon. Each bottle of Fanta orange requires 1 hour of machining , 5 hours of labour and 3KG of material while each bottle of Fanta lemon requires 2 hours of machining 4hours of labour and 2KG of material. The bottling company has 700 hours of machining ,1700 hours of labour and 800KG of materials available to produce the two types of drink.

Formulate and solve the linear programming problem if the profit on every bottle of Fanta orange and Fanta lemon are N4 and N5 respectively .

Here we go
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 02, 2017
spenca:

Oh nice , how can you help , I am able to formulate the linear problem, don't understand how to proceed

I will continue from here when I am back from service. This problem can beloved using Graphical method or Simplex method, but I will be using Graphical method.

Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by thankyouJesus(m): 9:00am On Jul 02, 2017
spenca:

Yes I am, just seeing the question, will try when back from church.
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by spenca: 2:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
kelvinreality:

I will continue from here when I am back from service. This problem can beloved using Graphical method or Simplex method, but I will be using Graphical method.

okies , thanks would be expecting
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by spenca: 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2017
thankyouJesus:
Yes I am, just seeing the question, will try when back from church.

okies, would be expecting
thanks in advance
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by thankyouJesus(m): 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2017
spenca:

A bottling company produces Fanta orange and Fanta lemon. Each bottle of Fanta orange requires 1 hour of machining , 5 hours of labour and 3KG of material while each bottle of Fanta lemon requires 2 hours of machining 4hours of labour and 2KG of material. The bottling company has 700 hours of machining ,1700 hours of labour and 800KG of materials available to produce the two types of drink.

Formulate and solve the linear programming problem if the profit on every bottle of Fanta orange and Fanta lemon are N4 and N5 respectively .

Here we go
let a represents orange,
b represents fanta
Max z= 4a + 5b
subject to
a+2b <_ 700.
5a+4b <_ 1700.
3a+2b <_ 800.
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by thankyouJesus(m): 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2017
thankyouJesus:

let a represents orange,
b represents fanta
Max z= 4a + 5b
subject to
a+2b <_ 700.
5a+4b <_ 1700.
3a+2b <_ 800.
Adding surplus variables
a+2b+c=700.
5a+4b+d=1700.
3a+2b+e=800.
z-4a-5b=0.

Using simplex algorithm, the answer is

calculating
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by thankyouJesus(m): 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
thankyouJesus:

Adding surplus variables
a+2b+c=700.
5a+4b+d=1700.
3a+2b+e=800.
z-4a-5b=0.

Using simplex algorithm, the answer is

calculating
The optimal solutiin:
z=2000.
b=400.
This does not satisfy the first inequality. Will try with graphical method.
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by thankyouJesus(m): 9:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
corner points using graphical method
(0,0), (0,350), (800/3 , 0) (50,325) (orange, lemon)

z=50(4)+325(5).

This is the right solution.
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by spenca: 7:01am On Jul 04, 2017
thankyouJesus:
corner points using graphical method
(0,0), (0,350), (800/3 , 0) (50,325) (orange, lemon)

z=50(4)+325(5).

This is the right solution.

Thank you so much
But the thing is I do not get the steps taken after formulating the LP problem sir. Can you pls explain how you went about it ?
Re: In Need Of Operation's Research Teacher. by thankyouJesus(m): 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2017
spenca:

Thank you so much
But the thing is I do not get the steps taken after formulating the LP problem sir. Can you pls explain how you went about it ?
I'm sorry for the late reply, been busy with examination.

The first thing is to represents the inequalities on a graph paper.

The second thing is to mark out the area or section where all the points are intersected.

The third thing is to get the boundary values of the marked portion.

Substitute your points.

Pick the optimal since it's maximazation problem.

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Daily With Your Smartphone... / Exposed:yoruba Lied On The First Lawyer In Nigeria ! / Profote Limited?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.