Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Disadvantages Of Secession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disadvantages Of Secession (2198 Views)

Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? / Response To: What Will Happen To Igbo Properties In A Case Of Secession? / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Secession by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
On Biafra agitation and northern youth response, Abbas Sani wrote...

"I have watched Hotel Rwanda more than 10times, Sometimes in April more than 15times, I watched these movies back in my university days, I love the soundtrack by Wyclef Jean "million voices" in fact uptil date it remains one of my favorite song. Apart from the wonderful cast of which 95% of it were not even Rwandans, there was a great story there, one of the silent message which I remember one of the white characters echoed was that "Africans are savages, so let them kill themselves, it is not our war" you see it is on record that the Rwandan Genocide, which some of us it took them (whites) years after the war to accept that it was a genocide, and that is because they believe we are animals and savages, was the fastest Genocide in world history, within 3 days seventy thousands people (70,000 ) were dead, and what happened in the end, UN and other international bodies stepped in and ask both parties to stop the killings, today Rwanda is still Rwanda and the Hutis and Tutis are still Rwandans, in fact one of the White character in "Sometimes in April" said to him the only difference between the Hutis and Tutis was the skin colour. I tell you the Rwandans are still healing their scars and movies are made in several stories about Rwandan.

According to the movies it took the international organization weeks before they finally sat to even look at the situation and agree to mobilize forces into Rwanda, and guess how many forces they sent? Not even up to one batallion of our soldiers. Both the international countries that promised both parties support, pulled out immediately when the first shot was fired, I don't think there is any country out there that can afford to send it's army to Nigeria, if it is oil, everyone has it, in fact it is cheaper than water now, moreover they are more concerned about Middle East and protection of Israel, take a look at what is happening in Syria. Most of us have even forgotten that there is a war going on in there and the county is now in complete ashes, imagine how their refugees walked across Europe and were rejected, Syria has a good image both in the Arab gulf and Europe, is it us that everyone is avoiding and have tagged criminals that will be allowed into another country?

For those of Us exchanging threats upon threats, let me tell you what will happen, someone will shoot first and yes we will kill plenty of each other, probably for some few weeks or months and then the so called international countries will seat and decide just as they did before and with Rwanda, and they will ask both sides to come into a political agreements, open international court, arrest and blacklist some people and the case is closed and we are back to 'Gidan jiya'. (Back to how we were)

For those of us that are using Biro to draw and carve out imaginary maps, a country is not just a geographical settings, it goes beyond that, there are policies, culture, ideologies and foundations, and you can not just bring people together by just drawing lines with Biro on a piece of Large paper.

There is a need to rethink this our approach, there are better ways to separate a union, not by blood or threats and importantly not through the mirrors of some people's personal greed and hunger for recognition.

Unless Each and everyone of us have at least two Million Naira in foreign currencies by October 1st, because believe you me when the bullets start flying, you will know that War is not about sweet words on facebook post or movies and books, some of us need to ask the people of Gamborou Ngala, Goza, Maiduguri, Mubi, Duji all in North east to have a little definition of what War can mean.

I am a Nigerian first"
Re: Disadvantages Of Secession by Agumbankembu: 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
You ended up give me no advantage of staying in Nigeria and how u intend to make Nigeria work.

Brainless analysts.

4 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Secession by Bibors(m): 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
You just told us a story we already know.
Re: Disadvantages Of Secession by mpianya39(m): 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
snoopylinus:
On Biafra agitation and northern youth response, Abbas Sani wrote...

"I have watched Hotel Rwanda more than 10times, Sometimes in April more than 15times, I watched these movies back in my university days, I love the soundtrack by Wyclef Jean "million voices" in fact uptil date it remains one of my favorite song. Apart from the wonderful cast of which 95% of it were not even Rwandans, there was a great story there, one of the silent message which I remember one of the white characters echoed was that "Africans are savages, so let them kill themselves, it is not our war" you see it is on record that the Rwandan Genocide, which some of us it took them (whites) years after the war to accept that it was a genocide, and that is because they believe we are animals and savages, was the fastest Genocide in world history, within 3 days seventy thousands people (70,000 ) were dead, and what happened in the end, UN and other international bodies stepped in and ask both parties to stop the killings, today Rwanda is still Rwanda and the Hutis and Tutis are still Rwandans, in fact one of the White character in "Sometimes in April" said to him the only difference between the Hutis and Tutis was the skin colour. I tell you the Rwandans are still healing their scars and movies are made in several stories about Rwandan.

According to the movies it took the international organization weeks before they finally sat to even look at the situation and agree to mobilize forces into Rwanda, and guess how many forces they sent? Not even up to one batallion of our soldiers. Both the international countries that promised both parties support, pulled out immediately when the first shot was fired, I don't think there is any country out there that can afford to send it's army to Nigeria, if it is oil, everyone has it, in fact it is cheaper than water now, moreover they are more concerned about Middle East and protection of Israel, take a look at what is happening in Syria. Most of us have even forgotten that there is a war going on in there and the county is now in complete ashes, imagine how their refugees walked across Europe and were rejected, Syria has a good image both in the Arab gulf and Europe, is it us that everyone is avoiding and have tagged criminals that will be allowed into another country?

For those of Us exchanging threats upon threats, let me tell you what will happen, someone will shoot first and yes we will kill plenty of each other, probably for some few weeks or months and then the so called international countries will seat and decide just as they did before and with Rwanda, and they will ask both sides to come into a political agreements, open international court, arrest and blacklist some people and the case is closed and we are back to 'Gidan jiya'. (Back to how we were)

For those of us that are using Biro to draw and carve out imaginary maps, a country is not just a geographical settings, it goes beyond that, there are policies, culture, ideologies and foundations, and you can not just bring people together by just drawing lines with Biro on a piece of Large paper.

There is a need to rethink this our approach, there are better ways to separate a union, not by blood or threats and importantly not through the mirrors of some people's personal greed and hunger for recognition.

Unless Each and everyone of us have at least two Million Naira in foreign currencies by October 1st, because believe you me when the bullets start flying, you will know that War is not about sweet words on facebook post or movies and books, some of us need to ask the people of Gamborou Ngala, Goza, Maiduguri, Mubi, Duji all in North east to have a little definition of what War can mean.

I am a Nigerian first"

UNITY BERGERS DOT COME
If you like speak grammar from now till eternity bro......all I know is Biafra or death!!!

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Secession by lwise(m): 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
Why is FG silent about this threat, I worried.

See video proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxEcqeUDrLY
Re: Disadvantages Of Secession by biazarre(m): 4:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
I really pity u Biafra guys.. I pray d war should come so as for u to kno d real meaning of war... the social, domestic, physical n psychological effects... I pray u don't learn in a hard way..!!!
Re: Disadvantages Of Secession by akinrimisi(m): 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
this reminds of the game of chess playing, for every action you take first think very hard before taking because there will always be a reaction,we are just in the open game and there is an end game to everything, what you ask for is what you receive, he who gives a signal for war will get war in return, pls dear Nigerians let's start using our head because the end game of all this will be disaster, no one gains from war,everyone looses

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News Shekau Has Been Captured (unconfirmed Report) / See The Title PDP Loyalist Have Given Senator Akpabio After Defection / Breaking News! More Defections Hit Akwa Ibom. APC Receives Udoms SA And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.