Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? (1467 Views)

How To Seize Igbo Properties In Case Of Secession / Man Replies Wike On His Warning About Secession And Hoisting Of Flags / Nigeria Better Together, Tinubu Urges Agitators Of Secession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2020

OF NIGER DELTA, FEB. 1966

The coming of the ‘January boys’ in 1966 and the near collapse of the Nigerian project orchestrated by the Biafran threats snowballed the discontent of the Ijaw youths and in February, Isaac Boro led a squad of 150 volunteers to pullout the Ijaw people from Nigeria under the new state called The Niger Delta Republic.
However, the movement was crushed within TWO WEEKS, Boro was arrested by the Military and was jailed for treason by General Johnson Thomas Aguiyi Ironsi.

RELEASE FROM MILITARY GULAG
Major Boro narrowly escaped execution and was given the job of setting up amphibious units by GENERAL YAKUBU GOWON. He was commissioned into the Military along with NDVF heroes and given the Rank of a Major. When he joined the Nigerian Army, he moved to No.2 Wilmer, Apapa, Lagos.

BORO ROLE IN THE BIAFRAN WAR
During the period leading to the Biafran War, Isaac Boro had informed the Earstern Region Governor, Odimegwu Ojukwu that the Ijaws will not be a part of the Biafran Secessionist Movement. On declaration of the BIAFRAN Republic(With the Niger Delta Occupied), Adaka Boro was made Commander of 19th Brigade under Col Benjamin Adekunle(Of Blessed memory) who as at that time was the GOC 3rd Div. Boro led the Military under him,mostly Ijaws to clear the Niger Delta of Biafran Rebels. Which he successfully did within a record short period and was hailed by the Military Headquarters in Lagos. He famously DANCED IN Okrika when the locals came out to celebrate their Hero.

AMBUSH AND DEATH MAY 9, 1968
The Biafrans had been whipped, Isaac Adaka Boro went out on private visit in Okrika , he was ambushed by fleeing BIAFRAN Forces. He was shot and killed.

WHO CONSPIRED WITH THE FLEEING BIAFRANS TO KILL BORO?

Opinions was divided as to the Conspirators. While some alleged that Benjamin Adekunle had a hand by some Ijaws, another set of Ijaws(Majority Ijaw Forces) however disputes it.
According to Roy Tomo-Spiff who was among Boro's Force that fought against the Biafran Rebels at that time.

"Now I want you to know that Adekunle was nowhere close to Ogu where Boro died, nor was he a commander of any particular unit or units. Adekunle, the Scorpion, was a Division Commander with a lot of Majors, Lt. Cols. and Cols. under him and he loved brave soldiers, so Maj. Boro couldn’t have been his adversary. The worst he could have done if Boro was insubordinate was to demote him or Court Marshall him. But Maj. Boro was a very brave soldier and was respected by all."

So, the story that Adekunle planned the killing or killed Major Boro is false as it was only a rumor. And we all know that rumors appeal only to lunatics.

GENERAL YAKUBU GOWON was also visibly angry that he had to redeploy Benjamin Adekunle so as to restore confidence of the Ijaw People and replaced him with Col Olusegun Obansajo.
The circumstance surrounding Boro's death is still not clear, but one thing is Certain, [b]HE WAS AMBUSHED BY FLEEING BIAFRANS
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by WhistleBIower: 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2020
I think you should go back to school so you'd be able to differentiate between succession and secession

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
WhistleBIower:
[s] I think you should go back to school so you'd be able to differentiate between succession and secession[/s]

Leave the topic and face the content..

Ipob yoot trying to avoid the subject matter gringringrin

So ipob, why did u guys thwarted ND dream and later came up with such plan again?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Rodwave: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
Illiterate. You better devote more of your time towards improving yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
Rodwave:
Illiterate. You better devote more of your time towards improving yourself.

Typical senseless Ipob yoots.. They hate the truth

Their fathers have fed them with lies hence they hate anytin truth

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Tranquillity360: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
But we Niger Delta are not complaining.

Why do you yorubas carry it for head?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
They are simply hypocrite, I pity south south claiming Biafra, their doom await them in the New mini Nigeria. Just because some south south speak igbos doesn't mean they are Biafra. Many south south tribes belong to yoruboid group but they are not Yoruba nor igbos, igbo language simply dominated the indigenous tribes because of their population. They are not Biafra!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
Tranquillity360:
But we Niger Delta are not complaining.

Why do you yorubas carry it for head?

Yes Niger Delta ain't complaining but ipob yoots are still Pained till today gringrin and they call Ijaws Traitor. Ur f*thers stil wail till eternity coz they were nt allowed to secede..... Why did ironsi n Ojukwu wanted to kill Isaac Boro?

Who is the real Traitor?

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by WhistleBIower: 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
ProfDview1:

So ipob, why did u guys thwarted ND dream and later came up with such plan again?
me? Ipob?
You're a novice
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by DEROX: 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
grin tables have turned they are being bleeped by THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by longetivity(m): 1:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
IPOB is going nowhere
why did biafuro kill major boro?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by FlordFlorez(m): 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
They are simply hypocrite, I pity south south claiming Biafra, their doom await them in the New mini Nigeria. Just because some south south speak igbos doesn't mean they are Biafra. Many south south tribes belong to yoruboid group but they are not Yoruba nor igbos, igbo language simply dominated the indigenous tribes because of their population. They are not Biafra!
mynd44 lalasticlala rule 2 & 3 broken!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Asgard13: 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
ProfDview1:

Yoruba people don carry come....

Op you say make I stay out your mention

E be like say you sense formations na igbo

Oya na make we go with yorubaic.....

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Asgard13: 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
ProfDview1:

Typical senseless Ipob yoots.. They hate the truth

Their fathers have fed them with lies hence they hate anytin truth

Typical Yoruba man

Do you know what Yoruba people did to middle west that make dem ask for referendum?

The Yoruba hatred for bini people during the 60’s

Yoruba unleashed a huge propaganda to against bini people

Till date bini and mid west hate Yoruba with passion

See wht is happening in edo state

Edo is not Lagos

Trending

Bini are not Yoruba

Ambode is not obaseki

Bayerebe’s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Asgard13: 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
ProfDview1:

Yoruba hatred for igbo is driving majority of Yoruba people crazy

Do you know an average Yoruba man’s heart skip 10 times a day because of igbo

Meanwhile as Yoruba Dey spread hatred and confusion

Nigerians know them

See as this one open igbo thread

While in reality Tinubu his god Dey bed....

Imagine chasing Tinubu and his boys out of secretariat

While Yoruba don Dey shout since morning say obaseki no go do primAries

Na this kind brain ... go come dey drag with igbos

Are Bayerebe’s not funny
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Asgard13: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
longetivity:
IPOB is going nowhere

why did biafuro kill major boro?

Like This one brain Dey pain am oh.....

Let’s first confirm if na pain or say ..... na sour e sour

Doctors!

Bayerebe in the house
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2020
Asgard13:

Another Yoruba man that don’t know his history telling other people their history

Oga what is yorubaic group or whatever

Wht is the origin of Yoruba people.... did oduduwA that fell from heaven.... fell with any grioup of people

He was chased out from where he fell.... awirh a stick and fowl

That is history of Yoruba people and his staff is somewhere in osun forest

Stop talking Yoruba group....

I’m still confused if oduduwA is the same Christian Lucifer

Both hav similarities

Hmmmm

Yoruba sef
Is this how you talk to people? You need medical check up

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Asgard13: 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Is this how to talk to people? You need medical check up

Yes ... after your 13 years stay in yaba left
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
FlordFlorez:
mynd44 lalasticlala rule 2 & 3 broken!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
Asgard13:

Yoruba hatred for igbo is driving majority of Yoruba people crazy

Do you know an average Yoruba man’s heart skip 10 times a day because of igbo

Meanwhile as Yoruba Dey spread hatred and confusion

Nigerians know them

See as this one open igbo thread

While in reality Tinubu his god Dey bed....

Imagine chasing Tinubu and his boys out of secretariat

While Yoruba don Dey shout since morning say obaseki no go do primAries

Na this kind brain ... go come dey drag with igbos

Are Bayerebe’s not funny

By Dr Chinedu Akabuike
1. Why do we hate Tinubu? What for?
2. Tinubu never worked with federal or Eastern Nigeria let alone stealing money from Ndi Igbo.
He never worked as Minister or taken any Federal Appointment!
3. He never joined APGA let alone sabotaging our Party's interest?
4. Tinubu didn't meddle in Igbo internal affairs either!
5. Why do we call him thief? What did he steal?
6. We call Yoruba "slaves". We never reflect on what it means to be slaves in the true sense of the word.
7. We are putting mouth in Lagos politics without caution, yet we have a proverb that says it is the foolish housefly that follows the corpse into the grave.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2020
Asgard13:

Yes ... after your 13 years stay in yaba left

Me sef just left yabaleft, na NL dey hold me back
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Asgard13: 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

By Dr Chinedu Akabuike
1. Why do we hate Tinubu? What for?
2. Tinubu never worked with federal or Eastern Nigeria let alone stealing money from Ndi Igbo.
He never worked as Minister or taken any Federal Appointment!
3. He never joined APGA let alone sabotaging our Party's interest?
4. Tinubu didn't meddle in Igbo internal affairs either!
5. Why do we call him thief? What did he steal?
6. We call Yoruba "slaves". We never reflect on what it means to be slaves in the true sense of the word.
7. We are putting mouth in Lagos politics without caution, yet we have a proverb that says it is the foolish housefly that follows the corpse into the grave.

Typical Yoruba rant..... grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
Asgard13:

Typical Yoruba rant..... grin

I think their backgrounds don't accommodate dissenting opinions.
If they give IPOB their Biafra today, it will be an authoritarian State like North Korea where people that express contrary opinions and/or dissenting views will be labeled 'traitors' and executed.
During the Civil War, those who were perceived to have contrary opinions from that of Ojukwu like Ifeajuana and Banjo were framed-up as traitors and murdered by firing squad.
Minorities and even some Igbos who were deemed unsympathetic to the Biafran course were called 'Sabos' and were sometimes murdered. Some were buried alive.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Asgard13: 2:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Me sef just left yabaleft, na NL dey hold me back

I for say....

You no need tell us...

We know!!
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Asgard13: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Yoruba gibberish..... grin

Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by CodeTemplar: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
OK.
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
Asgard13:

Yoruba people don carry come....
Op you say make I stay out your mention
E be like say you sense formations na igbo

Oya na make we go with yorubaic.....
Stay out of my mention.. Ply ur trade make i do mine..
I no mention u, so no mention me too
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
Asgard13:

Typical Yoruba man

Do you know what Yoruba people did to middle west that make dem ask for referendum?

The Yoruba hatred for bini people during the 60’s

Yoruba unleashed a huge propaganda to against bini people

Till date bini and mid west hate Yoruba with passion

See wht is happening in edo state

Edo is not Lagos

Trending

Bini are not Yoruba

Ambode is not obaseki

Bayerebe’s

Ys they hate yoruba but they bear our names.. Highest inter tribal marriage is yoruba n Edo.

Abeg find another lie pls
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Kinematics: 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
Seeing their answers I'm not surprised. Answers fabricated in Aba, distributed in Onitsha.

Ndi potopoto..
Re: Why Did Igbos Killed Niger Delta Dream Of Secession and came up with theirs ? by Asgard13: 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
ProfDview1:

Stay out of my mention.. Ply ur trade make i do mine..

I no mention u, so no mention me too

This is....

When a Yoruba full is full of him self and his fullish nex radiate

This is the brain size of a typical Yoruba man

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo Deputy Governor, Agboola Ajayi’s Agents Caught Trying To Rig PDP Primary / Tweets: This American Says Biden Presidency Won't Support Buhari / US Election: Attorney General Authorizes Probes Into Vote Fraud Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.