Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,199 members, 7,815,182 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Why Does God Conceal His Identity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Conceal His Identity? (1028 Views)

The Trinity And Identity Of God / Does God Exist? A Debate / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by andyboi4real(m): 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2017

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by taylor88(m): 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
u wan kidnap am?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by ochobaba(m): 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
taylor88:
u wan kidnap am?
I tire o
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by Ayoemrys(m): 5:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=andyboi4real post=57389269]I just finished reading the Bible, when I realised that God Has never lived among men. The closest he came was when he visited Adam and Eve in The Garden Of Eden, Apart From Them only Moses has come Closer to Seeing God and then he only saw the back of God.
So I was wondering why does God hide his identity, is he afraid of his creatures or perhaps he is a proud person that takes Glory in his invincibility or maybe he is not as Beautiful as the Bible describes him to be?
[/quote idarida,so let's asume he's mot hndsome or beautiful as u call it,I think a man dat can do all things can turn to whatever he Want,beautiful or ugly,why should he reveal his identity anyway,u know get work
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by Perezzi247: 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
Watch your tongue op. There is a big difference between reading the bible and understanding it. If you study carefully,you will find out that the angels in heaven glorify God day and night but only a handful of them can behold his glory and they all have various roles and level of importance. Talkless of us humans who were made a little bit below the angels. Even at that, what happened to Moses when he saw the back of God? remember God covered his face as He was passing by him and only allowed him to see his back. Yet what happened to him (moses) after seeing the back of God? or what would have happened to the people of Israel if they had come closer to the mountain of God as His glory poured down on it. A man of flesh and blood carrying the mortality of man cannot see God. But guess what, you still see Him through His works, promises and words. Which is why you have to continually study the bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by frank317: 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=Ayoemrys post=57389742][/quote]

He should reveal himself because he should have better understanding the implication of not doing so.
- it leads to doubt of his existence
-it leads to confusion about him among people who believe he exists
-it leads to impersonation (anyone can claim to be God or God's messager)
- it leads to disregard for his laws

@ Op, God cannot reveal himself because he exists only in the mind of people who believe he exists.

Man created God.

6 Likes

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by frank317: 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
Perezzi247:
Watch your tongue op.

Or what?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by andyboi4real(m): 6:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
quote author=Perezzi247 post=57390149 A man of flesh and blood carrying the mortality of man cannot see God.
.[/quote]
WHY?
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by sonofluc1fer: 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
God is man's creation. The Bible is fiction. Don't take it too seriously.. It will Bleep you up.. Ask Nigerians.

https://www.nairaland.com/2828556/luciferean-series-understanding-christianity

4 Likes

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by subtlemee(f): 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2017
So it won't be abused,he knows the humans he created that we tend to take things for granted,check out the common Hollywood actor who acted Jesus how his pictures are being mis-used
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by An2elect2(f): 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
And Jesus?
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by hfeetham0(f): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
frank317:

He should reveal himself because he should have better understanding the implication of not doing so.
- it leads to doubt of his existence
-it leads to confusion about him among people who believe he exists
-it leads to impersonation (anyone can claim to be God or God's messager)
- it leads to disregard for his laws

@ Op, God cannot reveal himself because he exists only in the mind of people who believe he exists.

Man created God.
and you left your ape friend while developing?? why/? so sad cry cry
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by lionlamb020(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
If you really finished reading your Bible, you wouldn't need to ask this kinda question. Unless you don't believe God was telling the truth when He told Moses that he would die if he sees His face. Man cannot withstand His glory.
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by Ioseph(m): 9:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
frank317:

Or what?

Or angry religious people who believe a god exists will come and get you! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by frank317: 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
hfeetham0:
and you left your ape friend while developing?? why/? so sad cry cry

I am sure u are responding​ to someone else while thinking u are responding to my post.
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by hfeetham0(f): 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
frank317:

I am sure u are responding​ to someone else while thinking u are responding to my post.
explain your existence in short words..
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by simplex2: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
And in the 3rd day, man made God in his image and in his likeness.

God is a man-made myth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by NigerianScholar: 12:07am On Jun 11, 2017
God didnt only visit Adam and eve. He walked with them. This is how our relationship with God is meant to be until they introduced sin into themselves by eating the forbidden fruit. It is that sin that seperated us from God.

It made us so dirty that we cant comprehend the glory of God. Except when he appears in another form. Eg burning bush that wasnt really burning

andyboi4real
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by Ioseph(m): 1:19am On Jun 11, 2017
NigerianScholar:
God didnt only visit Adam and eve. He walked with them. This is how our relationship with God is meant to be until they introduced sin into themselves by eating the forbidden fruit. It is that sin that seperated us from God.

It made us so dirty that we cant comprehend the glory of God. Except when he appears in another form. Eg burning bush that wasnt really burning

andyboi4real

Evidence for all of this? Besides Bible quotes.

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by Amberon11: 4:54am On Jun 11, 2017
Jesus wasn't enough for you?
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by Uyi168: 7:44am On Jun 11, 2017
I sincerely hope,that all those who have found God,can tell the rest of us where he has been hiding..

2 Likes

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by Perezzi247: 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
you don't see air yet u believe it exists. Naija people!
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by mzhorlah(f): 9:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
lolz, ok. God doesn't hide his identity. God is spirit, Man is lives in a suit, which is the body, body lives on earth, spirit lives in heaven. ever wondered the reason why the word had to come in an earthly suit (Jesus), it's because spirit cannot live on earth.

Am sure you understand, if not, you are free to quote me
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by NigerianScholar: 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2017
Ioseph:

Evidence for all of this? Besides Bible quotes.

I have given you your reply based on what you made this whole post on. You wanted justification for why God lwts humans suffer and i gave it to you. Now you are asking me a question that is meant to be for you.
My evidence is the bible? Now, pleaae tell me why you think what i said is not true.
Prove what i said is wrong...prove that the bible is wrong. Thats all i ask
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 12, 2017
mzhorlah:
lolz, ok. God doesn't hide his identity. God is spirit, Man is lives in a suit, which is the body, body lives on earth, spirit lives in heaven. ever wondered the reason why the word had to come in an earthly suit (Jesus), it's because spirit cannot live on earth.

Am sure you understand, if not, you are free to quote me

What a dumb explanation

Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by OtemAtum: 12:53am On Jun 12, 2017
andyboi4real:
I just finished reading the Bible, when I realised that God Has never lived among men. The closest he came was when he visited Adam and Eve in The Garden Of Eden, Apart From Them only Moses has come Closer to Seeing God and then he only saw the back of God.
So I was wondering why does God hide his identity, is he afraid of his creatures or perhaps he is a proud person that takes Glory in his invincibility or maybe he is not as Beautiful as the Bible describes him to be?
That one isn't even God Almighty but one of his numerous creatures. God Almighty is in everything and does not appear to anybody physically as Yahweh and Allah his children did. . https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by mzhorlah(f): 11:31am On Jun 12, 2017
FreddyKruger:

What a dumb explanation
I choose not to react
Re: Why Does God Conceal His Identity? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 12, 2017
[s]
mzhorlah:
I choose not to react
[/s]

Better!

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Many Nigerian Churches Claiming "World's Largest Church Auditorium"? / 61st AYF National Conference @awka / Who Am I? What Does My Lucid Dreams Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.