Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? (791 Views)

Why Do Many Nigerians Have Tribal Hatred? / Sodomites & Homosexuals (Is There A Distinct Cultural Political Difference?) / Why Do Nigerians Confuse Bride Price And Dowry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
I am a first generation American citizen and both my parents are from edo state. Growing up Americans were always shocked that I was African, I assumed it was just because of their own ignorance, so I never paid it any attention.But lately even my other Nigerian friends have been insisting that I don't look Nigerian because of my curly hair(I will post pictures) and features. They insist that I must have a mixture somewhere down the line. Even though the two of my parents are Nigerian !(deleted pics because my question has been answered no need to reply)
Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
You look Nigerian to me.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
I feel the same way smiley I'm really not sure why ppl keep telling me otherwise !
Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dreaok1:
I feel the same way smiley I'm really not sure why ppl keep telling me otherwise !

Maybe because you have a very strong accent.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by Oyiboman69: 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
from your accent to your look, you're a typical naija

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
you have makeup on,how do you want us to know your real face ??
Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
The ppl who are saying it are 1st generation too we have the same accent they probably just don't know any better they live in the US so what would they know lol I'm going to just start ignoring them. Thanks for the input you guys ♥️
Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
The second and last pic is with no makeup and even in the pics with makeup I only really wear concealer under my eyes
Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dreaok1:
The ppl who are saying it are 1st generation too we have the same accent they probably just don't know any better they live in the US so what would they know lol I'm going to just start ignoring them. Thanks for the input you guys ♥️

Ever been to Nigeria?
Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Ever been to Nigeria?
Yes I have been twice
Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dreaok1:

Yes I have been twice

Hmm okay... smiley

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:
you have makeup on,how do you want us to know your real face ??

The 1st and 3rd pic is with no makeup and even in the pics with makeup I only really wear concealer under my eyes
Re: Do Nigerians Have Their Own Distinct Look ? by JasminRoses(f): 12:30am On Jun 11, 2017
Haba.... why did you delete you account na?

(1) (Reply)

Adage Of The Day And Its Meaning / How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa – Pastor Poju Oyemade Writes / Why People Kill A Lamb/Goat To Welcome A Son Back Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.