Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,271 members, 7,839,363 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? (12270 Views)

Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network / Bishop Tom Samson Dressed In Military Outfit To Minister In Church / The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
AngelicDamsel:

What I learnt from the life of Samson is................................................ The power of woman over man grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTdtAHOa07U

Emotion is stronger than knowledge. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
uboma:

Don't be too confident.

Not all men will fall for the tricks of women.

of course, Samson fell once but later repented....

Did Samson just fall once? undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Story of Samson is arguably the most absurd story ever!!!!

Samson was a man given ultimate power by Yaweh but fell in the hands of Delilah to the philistines.

Delilah tried to get the deepest secret samson ever had, the secrets of his power...and the story went like this:

1st attempt: After much pressure, Samson gave Delilah a wrong answer "If they bind me with seven green withes that were never dried, then shall I be weak, and be as another man."

And behold the very next day, Samson was bound with seven green withes..

People tell me, even the most stupidest person in the world will realise at this point he has been betrayed, but dont laugh yet as there was attempt no 2

No 2: After the 1st failed, the strongest man had no clue his most precious secret has been given away by the only woman he told but went ahead to bow to more pressure and he gave another wrong answer as "If they bind me fast with new ropes that never were occupied, then shall I be weak, and be as another man."

Behold, the very next day, his hands were tied with the new ropes but is it not amazing that he still had no clue he was being betrayed?? Now at this point I am almost passing out of shock for this level of stupidity if it ever existed

Attempt no 3: Yes there was a 3rd attempt, believe me a 3rd attempt !!!!!
"If thou weavest the seven locks of my head with the web.
and yet it happened again.

Even if someone is cursed with stupidity, it cant be this terrible to now give a 4th chance of eventually revealing his most precious secret to som1 that has betrayed him 3 times consecutively..

Aba!!! bible stories??

Now guys, don't laugh off your eyes yet because the part that killed it all was after the philistines cut off his hair and finally caught the most dreaded enemy of their generation.

These guys knew his source of power was his hair, but it is astonishing that a large number of stupid people did not know hairs can grow...or did not know that they would need to shave off his hairs daily but they let him alone till his hairs grew back.

The writer (s) must be on some strong stuff; but christians believe this story!! infact they have an obligation to

credit: Realmindz

While you are having fun analysing how stupid you think Samson was you should look at yourself in the mirror and realise how it is more foolish to say or think that everything we see came from nothing. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
ichuka:

When we read Judges and see the strength of Samson, it becomes clear to us that the Holy Spirit can bestow great strength upon man's body.Although Samson did many immoral things and although the Holy Spirit may not necessarily give this great strength to every believer, one thing is certain: if we depend upon His indwelling, we will always obtain His strength to supply all of our daily needs.

Amen! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Think with your head, not your pënis.

Have you heard of the saying "emotion is stronger than knowledge?" undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
Ifeconwaba:

he lacks self control and control of his tongue

Self control is a virtue, a fruit of the spirit that we must imbibe. smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
Juni4jay:

What I learnt is that.
No matter how strong a man is...
FEAR WOMEN!!.

Don't you think women should also fear men? undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
hollo:

When a man is caught in the web of lust, he loses common sense

So true. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
Pavore9:

Girlfriend.

Correct.
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
DanseMacabre:

After woman fear God.

You should rather fear God. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
rita25:

Your Hea is very correct!!!!!!!! U sabi book!!!Lol

But emotion is stronger than book. shocked
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
Adesiji77:

Fear.... lipsrsealed

Fear God who can deliver us from strange fellows. smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

You might be worse than him so stop judging

What I learned is the importance of focus, which Samson seemed to lack

What was he no focusing on?
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnp2:

God have a purpose for every human being working out of his purpose is desastrous!!
in the case of Samson He know the plan of God for his life and He work on the contrary!

Are you saying that he did not fulfil his purpose? undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2017
illitrate:

I have learn that thinking with my prick will lead to my downfall. but kai those ethiopians fine ooo

You are already tripping over those ethiopians, you need epp. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
doyinbaby:

Avoid falling in love with unbelievers.........Samson was always falling in love with unbelieving women

Unequal yoke in marriage, friendship and business will always beget problems.
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
1StopRudeness:

I concur....becos when he told her the fake answer the first and second time she Went and called the philistines but Samson was able to treat all their fucck up sharpally....there, he shuld have realized this woman is not just trying to know my secret for knowing sake but to pull me down....

He now took his stupidity to the legendary phase by telling her... thinking she won't look for a convenient way of shaving his hair with him knowing.....no man is perfect though....but for a guy...Samson ain't sharp at all

Do you ever get intoxicated? Samson was not to drink wine or any intoxicated drink, not even the fruit of vine or rasins. Did Samson get drunk? Was he self confident? How many of us fall into this trap of self confidence and drunkeness and as result make the same mistake Samson made? undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
2016v2017:

you all should learn from Samson mistake, making a wrong choice affects our life negatively.
Samson choosed to to die with his enemies,he requested that and God granted him his heart desire.
In Numbers,Deuteronomy,it's written I set before you life and death,blessing and curse ,choose one.
In Samson's case,he choosed death,to die with his enemies. I will never die with my enemies.
I will conquer my enemies and live to testify the goodness of the lord in the land of the living not in the land of the dead.

Good point. smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
XKZ:

That men will always find a way to blame women for their failings.
It's what their father Adam did, so it's in their DNA.

Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent and the serpent had no leg to stand on. shocked
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
femi4:

Beware of strange women.. ..them fit cause your downfall

Could it also be the other way round?
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
frubben:

Not once twice

Was it only twice?
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
Boyopumping:

my question for u how many time av u realized what a particular sin say for example lying as cost u before God or probably ur parent and av u ever stop lying after that.....,....
the power of sin if help won't come from God to overcome is not something a mere mortal man can overcome by just been smart... thanks and God bless

True talk. smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
emmaitive:

wht i learnt is dt i shud be watchful all the tym to avoid some silly temptatn..and even if i'm tempted dea shud be strenght to overcome

True. Watch and pray. smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
myking95:

What I learnt about Samson
1. Know your enemy and destroy them totally. Samson ruled for 20 years and he did not kill up to 3000 philistines, the bible records that his body count at his death was more than throughout his entire life.

How will you go about killing your enemies totally today? Samson at least destroyed 3000 Philistine leaders, remember that the place was filled with their leaders.

myking95:

2. Never be sentimental with women. If a woman betrays you to the extent of threatening your life, never take her back unless you are planning to get rid of her. Never confuse sex with love, sex her if you must, but keep an open mind she can be the enemy. Who she is to you is irrelevant, your wife, the street slut, the reverend sister, question is do u consent that anyone can come in and destroy your life? . I'm made to believe women actually hate men by default...from Adam and eve, to Samson, to the modern day scam called marriage, divorce, alimony and child support.

What will you be doing with a woman that you are not married to and an enemy? This is why you should marry the woman who is your bone and flesh.

myking95:

3. Never follow prostitutes, they accelerate bad luck. It was when Samson slept with a harlot in judges 16 that his woes began, food for thought: what gave the Philistines the sudden boldness to bring Samson down after he had previously subdued them for 20 years? His spirit man had been weakened (recall he was a nazarite under consecration, he was supposed to embody holiness) fornication with prostitutes ( especially those ones with demonic spirits) opens a hole in your spiritual hedge for the devils to attack...remember dragon was the one that was praised when Samson finally was in chains...(it shows that samson's fall wasn't just a physical affair, it was spiritually orchestrated). Nothing good can come out of relating with a known harlot. If you know a harlot...keep that in mind.

The answer is to get born again and then get married to God's will in your life.

myking95:

4. Never forget your source. Not once is it mentioned that Samson went to seek God's face in prayer or a retreat, even Jesus with all his power more than frequently sought the face of God. Live with the awareness that if God leaves you for one second you are done for. ( judges 16 records that when he tried to break his bounds, he didn't know that the spirit of the Lord had left him, even Jesus Christ with all His power, once God just turned his face from him for once, death took him).
Never forget your source. Your daily prayer should be that God shouldn't leave nor forsake you.

But he prayed that God should use him for the last time when he killed 3000 Philistine leaders? didn't he also pray after killing a thousand Philistines with the jaw of an ass when he was thirsty?

myking95:

5. Always keep to the terms of your consecration.

Lord save me from karashika

He obviously broke all the vows of the Nazarite but God kept His part. smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23pm On Jun 19, 2017
goodheart02:

Delilah was never his wife. Go back to the Bible

Good spot. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
dongalaxy:

Never know this tale this much, thumbs up to Nairaland.
Samson was not just stupid but was foolish as well.. how can such brave man lack wisdom to discern who the enemy was? I think his dullard way of bravery aids his death. lesson to learn.
Do not believe your enemy are only the once you are fighting but extend your search to people who pleases you and in disguise are your enemy.. Never trust any man..

Thanks. smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2017
1stCitizen:

He was stupid because he got himself fvcked real bad by an olosho. Remember his only reason for taking her. He said " she pleases me well" and not gladdens my heart hence it is most likely sexual pleasure.

He was stupid jare

Are you calling a hero of faith studpid?
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
orunto27:

Never Trade The Power of God.

Good point. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2017
Jamiubond009:

Believe this story of Samson and you can believe virtually anything, trust me! Killed a lion with his bare hands, killed thousands of Philistines, the secret of his power lay in his hair (but we forget conveniently that hair grows back) , could not resist temptation of the flesh as he was hanging out with an olosho on a regular and his stoopid brain could not discern that.to all the brainwashed folks out there, I say weldone. Keep believing all these tales by moonlight!

The stupid ones are those who refuse to learn from history but keep repeating it. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lizy100:

The bible says expressly in Judges 16:4 that Samson fell in Love with a woman named Delilah.
That was her name. Samson had a history of rejecting wisdom. He ate honey from the dead animal which as a Nazarene he was not suppose to touch. He went after female unbelievers, he always put people on the spot- his former wife was burn to fire with her entire family by the Philistines.- result of meeting the wrong man. His was a case of anointing without character. Dangerous combination.

Samson was surely tempting fate. He not only touched a carcass he also gave his parents some of the honey without telling them where he got it from. What was he even doing in the vineyard when he was not supposed to drink alcohol or eat grapes and rasins? You are quite right, the case of anointing without character is a dangerous combination. smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
oryina5:

[color=#000099][/color]
The following life lessons can be learnt from the story of Samson.
1. Just like him, we are are born to fulfill a particular purpose.

2. In the fulfillment of our God ordained mandates, certain rules must be observed, failure of which could cost us our destiny/ or life.

3. Like Samson, youthful exuberance could lead us into rebellious behaviour against our parents/established authorities.

4. Samson, like the prodigal son teaches us that it is never too late to call on God.

Way to go! cheesy
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
victorazy:

Is he the Herculus

I don't even think he was necessarily heavily built it was just that when the Spirit of the Lord comes upon him he does extraordinary things. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship / HINDUISM RELIGION!!! INDIA SPIRITUAL TEMPLE!!! SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS!! / Five Worth Knowing Important Facts About Palm Sunday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.