Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,267 members, 7,867,707 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:58 PM

What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? (12340 Views)

Arch Bishop Samson Mustapha Benjamin Protests Against 5G Network / Bishop Tom Samson Dressed In Military Outfit To Minister In Church / The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
manikspears:

Let me start by saying may God never allow you to see boobs war, you see that thing called boobs can mar people's future, don't say you are exempted o,except you are gay.when you put your head on a woman's chest you become a goner.that thing can make you sell your soul to the devil without thinking of the consequence. You think you are wiser because you read it millions of years later....my guy you are not,there was a president that was trapped through that means or have you forgotten?about the part of his hair growing back yes it started growing but his strength did not return until when he asked for it and who could have thought a blind man could do so much damage? definitely not you.

Good job. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
Donvilo:

The Lessons I learnt from the story of samson

1. Trust God always, never rely on your own strength.

2. Flee from Fornication!

3. Avoid bad company

Good job! smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dindondin:

you like prolonging matters.
Samson was stupid. Shikena.
His purpose was short-lived! He could v led Israel for longer time.
And tell me, who allows himself to be betrayed thrice in this life? Only a fool

Have you fulfilled God's purpose for your life? Learn from Samson and do not repeat history. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

Modified... His concubine, side chick or prostitute..... choose the one that suit your believe

Why can't you simply admit that you were wrong and move on? undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:

he repented in the grave. That's not it bro

Are you sure he didn't repent before dying with his enemies? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
xtivin:

Every contract God has with men always have a clause..Samson case was one of so many. And there is a consequence attached to terminating a contract with a creator. Another lesson is that he has weakness for women. We should be very careful with women and deal with them with understanding

Thanks. smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
clems88:

I was reading the book of judges last night and I was amazed of how a man can lift the gate of a nation with the pillars on his shoulder and take it to hill top. Thatz really a supernatural power. I thought within me ... If Samson was still alive, will king David had existed? will Goliath had exited ?

God has created everyone of us for a purpose. We have to discover and fulfil it by His grace.

1 Like

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by johnp2(m): 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying that he did not fulfil his purpose? undecided

No!!! He died with his "Enemies" that was not the plan of GOD for his life!! Samson was sopose to protect his people for the appointed tim which he died even before his time, His chapters was not meant to close when He died!

Remember there is a "perfect-will" of GOD for every one life and there also a permisive-will of GOD..... Those who work with his permisive-will most did not end well . He has plan for your life even before you were born
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

Am not judging him just learning from his experience (stupidity)

Better. smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
uboma:

Samson repented before he died.

Go back and read your copy of the Holy Bible.

I would like to believe so. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by femi4: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Could it also be the other way round?
Its possible but this account is centered on Samson who was destined to destroy the enemies for long but truncated his destiny by marrying a strange woman
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
Freeezzz:

Whenever I see topic such as this, I often time feel so very sad at the heresy people throw around and about. It does confirm my fear and worry that 80% of Christians don't read their Bible-they only rely on what their Pastors say and keep that in their head forever, 12% do read the Bible but for theological reasons or ego(to tell you, oh I have read the Bible back and forth three times so I know what I'm saying, some to be able to quote and impress, amongst other things) and just 8% read and study to get the revelation of the truth therein-rhema! Well, the stats is just my observation and absolutely shouldn't be taken for reference purposes-disclaimer.

Thanks for the statistics now answer the OP.

Freeezzz:

Back to the topic:
I have few questions to ask you, just to stir up your spirit, as I intend not to force my teaching on anyone since the Spirit of God is dynamic and is also free for all who believe.
1.) How many times in the Bible did the Angel of the Lord appeared to any woman(women) to talk about the birth of a child?

Who do you refer to as the Angel of the Lord? God or His servants?

Freeezzz:

2.) How many times would the Angel give warning about abstinence from alcohol and strong drink because of an unborn child?

Twice I think. Once to Manoah and the other to his wife, yes?

Freeezzz:

3.) When Manoah asked the Angel what his name was, what was the Angel's reply?

Wonderful! cool

Freeezzz:

Praise God, you see, I'm not trying comparative literature here, I want us(true believers) to seek the true revelation of the word and not as a scholar, scribe or manipulator, just to suit our own teaching.

You still haven't answered the OP. cool

Freeezzz:

4.) Why would an (ordinary, with all the due respect)Angel ascend into Heaven in the flames of the sacrifice meant for God?

I will answer this when you respond to my question as to who you think the Angel of the Lord is. cool

Freeezzz:

Now, I've listened to people, even teachers alike call Samson a lot of so many not-so-nice names, then I wonder if they didn't read verse 4 of chapter 14 or they deliberately left it out so it won't counter their sermon.

We know that Samson had the anointing to fulfil the purpose he was created but he had no character just as many of our leaders today. It's a dangerous combination.

Freeezzz:

Also, someone said the Spirit of God came upon Samson three times and I tell you, verse 25 of chapter 13 says otherwise.

The Scriptures actually records the Lord's Spirit coming upon Samson 3 times (Judges 14:6, 19; 15:14), but it is implied for his other exploits such as the one you quoted up there. Do you see the difference? undecided

Freeezzz:

One other thing, not only did women betrayed Samson, his friend(male) also did, when he married the wife Samson had already done the wedding rites with. chapter 14 and verse 20.

Good observation. smiley

Freeezzz:

Oh God, let me not in that day of my lowest point pray for my life to be taken away. Amen.
Samson did, just as Elijah did and I just believe God could have delivered me(if he had once carried the city gate to a mountain on his shoulder, come on, he might just have survived the hit of the collapse) and perhaps God would have given him another sight(not eyes), if he prayed for it.

Let me stop here for now, for us to meditate on this rather than call Samson an idiot for trusting a woman, the same way Adam believed his wife.
cool

What else would Samson be waiting to achieve if he had already fulfilled the purpose for which he was created and was too injured to carry on? undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
imstrong1:

when footballers are in the pitch with all the heat and pressure still not performing up to expectations it's very easy for spectators sitting in the comfort of their homes to rain insults and disappointment, but force them to the pitch if they can do any better, you don't conclude on a situation when you have never found yourself in same situation, allow them to run their mouth they could be worse than him..biblical Samson

You got a point there. cool
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
arantess:

All these and God still chose him to liberate his people...God saw traits in him other than what u listed out, I would say he was not sensitive enough to understand his calling...that sensitivity is where David outperformed most of the old testament heroes except Moses(Joshua too), another person I admire so much and looking forward to see someday

What traits did God see in Samson that qualified him for God's use? undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
Roon9:

Lol! Sir you really raised some reasonable points. My only problem was when you now tried to make a mockery of the Bible.

First of Samson was no ordinary man. He was born a nazarite and he had tremendous enduement of God's might... Which was mostly physical. If anything Samson lacked that control over his needs, he was over confident and that was what consumed him.

Secondly, what the Philistines did is exactly what Nigeria as a country is doing now regarding the Biafra ish. Happenings that clearly lead to the worst battle in Nigeria history are all playing out again before our eyes and everyone seem to have forgotten.

Are you saying history is about to repeat itself? Then folks haven't learnt from history. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2017
engrchykae:

he is very very stupid because at a time the prostitute asked him tell me the secret of your great strength so that i can afflict you.even a nigerian man will push you out of his house for making that kind of statement.

Are you then saying that you are wiser than Samson? undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
Grace2love:

Samson life should be an example for us all. Don't let us judge him that he was stupid and senseless, some of us are worst than him.

To learn exclusively about Samson life, get this book: Samson syndrome. It is a book that contains information about Samson which will help us to avoid his mistakes.

If you want to buy a copy contact Graceword Books through 08069764864. Thanks.

Can you give some of those points here?
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
judedwriter:

The same man who killed a lion with his bare hands became a blind circus clown entertaining his enemies! Lesson learnt? No matter how high you rise, you can still fall, and fall horribly like Samson if you become proud.

Good job! smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

That many Other Christians are all IDIOTS, who will abandon Lord YAHSHUA, and try to learn from a FAILED JUDGE.

Are you by any means wiser? undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:41pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnp2:

No!!! He died with his "Enemies" that was not the plan of GOD for his life!! Samson was sopose to protect his people for the appointed tim which he died even before his time, His chapters was not meant to close when He died!

Remember there is a "perfect-will" of GOD for every one life and there also a permisive-will of GOD..... Those who work with his permisive-will most did not end well . He has plan for your life even before you were born

That's the word "Permissive Will" of God. Good job for pointing that out! cheesy
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
femi4:

Its possible but this account is centered on Samson who was destined to destroy the enemies for long but truncated his destiny by marrying a strange woman

Who was the strange woman he married?
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by femi4: 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Who was the strange woman he married?
Delilah
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
femi4:

Delilah

Did Samson actually marry Delilah? undecided
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by femi4: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Did Samson actually marry Delilah? undecided
They were living together. In fact Samson's head was on her lap when his hair was shaved
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
femi4:

They were living together. In fact Samson's head was on her lap when his hair was shaved

They were sinful partners not husband and wife. smiley
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by femi4: 6:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

They were sinful partners not husband and wife. smiley
Whatever.....Still doesn't change the fact that he chose wrongly
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by johnp2(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

That's the word "Permissive Will" of God. Good job for pointing that out! cheesy

Thanks you try
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by DarkRebel69: 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Have you heard of the saying "emotion is stronger than knowledge?" undecided

Emotions are inalienable components of knowledge, and both are invariably codependent on each other. Show me a piece of knowledge that is not imbued with some measure of emotion, and I, too, will find it no more difficult in showing you a Kung-fu movie that's lacking in fight scenes.

Rather, did you mean to say, “emotion is stronger intellect”? Even so, that doesn't mean it's impossible to train, discipline, and malleate both body and mind into an impregnable Fort Knox, capable of defending against carnal allures e.g. women.
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 21, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

How will you go about killing your enemies totally today? Samson at least destroyed 3000 Philistine leaders, remember that the place was filled with their leaders.

What will you be doing with a woman that you are not married to and an enemy? This is why you should marry the woman who is your bone and flesh.

The answer is to get born again and then get married to God's will in your life.

But he prayed that God should use him for the last time when he killed 3000 Philistine leaders? didn't he also pray after killing a thousand Philistines with the jaw of an ass when he was thirsty?

He obviously broke all the vows of the Nazarite but God kept His part. smiley

So what's ur point?
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
myking95:

So what's ur point?

It was my commentary on the life of Samson in addition with some questions. Did you get the drift?
Re: What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
DarkRebel69:

Emotions are inalienable components of knowledge, and both are invariably codependent on each other. Show me a piece of knowledge that is not imbued with some measure of emotion, and I, too, will find it no more difficult in showing you a Kung-fu movie that's lacking in fight scenes.

Rather, did you mean to say, “emotion is stronger intellect”? Even so, that doesn't mean it's impossible to train, discipline, and malleate both body and mind into an impregnable Fort Knox, capable of defending against carnal allures e.g. women.

Lust for the opposite sex is usually a strong desire to commit sexual immorality if not checked. Our eyes ought to be tamed so as to prevent our minds from developing corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Was the Love between King David and Jonathan Homosexual? / The End Of Islam Is Near / Ogun Bans Crossover Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.