Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,391 members, 7,819,403 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Vanities Of Life (chief Deinde Antonio Fernandez. Aged. 79. (r.i.p) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Vanities Of Life (chief Deinde Antonio Fernandez. Aged. 79. (r.i.p) (1389 Views)

Nigeria Imported 4.79 Billion Liters Of Petrol In Q2 2018 – NBS / Halima Maude Fernandez Weds Zubair Rudasingwa, Younger Rwandan Lover (Photos) / Billionaire Banker David Rockefeller Dies Aged 101 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vanities Of Life (chief Deinde Antonio Fernandez. Aged. 79. (r.i.p) by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2017
VANITIES OF LIFE (CHIEF DEINDE ANTONIO FERNANDEZ. Aged. 79. (R.I.P)

He was born in Isale Eko, Lagos Island,into the Fernandez family that originated from Brazil and the first European migrant to Lagos. His mother was from Olumegbon family, also of Lagos Island. He attended Holy Cross primary school near Lagos City hall, C.M.S. Grammar school and St. Gregory college, Obalende, Lagos Island. Like most brilliant omo Eko of his generation, he traveled to the USA, for further studies. B.Sc.Columbia Univ. M.Sc. (Bus.Admin) New York State Univ. '72. With the help of the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, he became the first black member of the New York City Cocoa Board.This signalled the beginning of an accomplished business career. The omo Eko Billionaire owns the world's biggest diamond and gold mines in Zaire, Central Africa and Turkey. He had been in diplomatic service since 1996. In 1982, he served as advisor to the Angolan Government on Economic matter. He held this position for two years until his appointment as Deputy Permanent Representative of Mozambique to the United Nations in 1984. He also represented Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Angola & other countries at various times. He was acclaimed to be one of the richest Africans in recent history. He ran an oil company called Petro Inett which obtained a 50% share with South African-based Energy Africa Limited in a deal with the state oil company for exploration rights in a 4,700 km2 area of Angola's coast in 1996. In 1992, he was appointed as Special Adviser to the President of Mozambique on International Economic Matters, a position he held for three years. He was formerly married to Aduke Fernandez, whom he divorced in July 2003 following a £300m divorce suit in Scotland filled on July 1, 2003 by her counsel. Lord Brodie presided over the case. He was asked to pay her a lump sum of £5m and an allowance of £75,000 monthly for 3 years. She died in 2013.

He married Halima in 2003. Chief Fernandez was the father of Princess Antoinette Oyinkansola Fernandez, from his relationship with the current Erelu Kuti of Lagos. Chief Fernandez was the father of Abimbola Fernandez, a Nigerian model for Vivienne Westwood of Edinburgh. In 2009 her face was the album cover for platinum selling artist Cobra Starship's CD "Hot Mess". She also modeled for the cover of the single "Good Girls Go Bad".

He died in Belgium. Chief Fernadez lived life like a king. He had one of the best yacht and private jets in the world . One of the biggest mansion in England, France and many part of the world. He never had a bicycle in Lagos while schooling, but decades later, as a billionaire, he bought his son, Koyejo, an airplane for his 16th birthday. He himself owned 6 private jets including Gulf stream G550, best in aeronautic engineering, luxury & comfort. Ovation did a cover of him and he took 40 pages of the magazine at that time . He was the richest man in African world , his shoes the best of snake and leopard skin like Mobutu Sese Seko his friend. He was so powerful because of his money . Everything in his mansion is made of gold.

With all these money, I have never heard that he has a foundation taking care of the less privileged or granting educational scholarship to poor bright kids. Despite his high level international experience and exposure, he never knew nor worshiped God! He never served God! He never for a moment believed in God! He never believed that his blessings came from God but through his hard work. He once told an associate that, "when others are asleep, I work & when they are awake, I continue to work." He was carried away by African traditional believes. He was the Oluwo of Lagos & Olori Ogboni of the Universe. One of his wives is Erelu Kuti of Lagos. Despite his love for 9ja women & Eko, he did not have a single investment in Nigeria. No account in any bank in Nigeria. Yet, he & wives only use Nigerian passports to travel to everywhere during his lifetime. He was that patriotic. He had no Nigerian employee anywhere in the world, not to talk of omo Eko. He never donated blackboard chalk to any of the schools he attended in Nigeria. NOW, PLEASE TELL ME, WAS HE ONE OF US? WAS HE ONE OF OUR OWN? The only things known about him was his life of opulence and splendor. He was one of the men who redefined exotic high street fashion in modern Africa. He has SIX Private Jets. He Owned A Chateau In France, once occupied by Napoleon Bonaparte, the Emperor Of France at one time. He was a friend Of Mobutu, ally of Kofi Annan, associate of Mandela. I call him "The Emperor of Blinding Swagger" - Terrific Swagger. He was so classy that whenever he entered a restaurant to eat, everyone else must leave because he could not eat with the 'Commoners'. He took over entire restaurants for the night to avoid encountering 'Riff-raff. (Chai! Poor Man Don Suffer). Of all the rich Nigerians I know, NONE came close to this man when it comes to the level of Style, 'Tooshness' & Money-Backed Aloofness.
Every little time and money you have make sure you use some for those around you who need your help .

The best investment in life is to invest in human beings because when you die you will be remembered in the good book of history and those people you help will make you live forever .
May God give us wisdom!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vanities Of Life (chief Deinde Antonio Fernandez. Aged. 79. (r.i.p) by mebad(m): 8:03am On Jun 11, 2017
He lived the life he wanted . Success has so many friends. Is he one of us ? Who are the us

2 Likes

Re: Vanities Of Life (chief Deinde Antonio Fernandez. Aged. 79. (r.i.p) by calberian: 8:14am On Jun 11, 2017
Some wealthy men help the poor while others don't. Either ways, I can't blame them - the world is so evil.

Furthermore, this dude was so damn wealthy but he sponsored wars and stuff. It's better he kept his wealth to himself.

Look around you, we survived and doing quite well at that.

2 Likes

Re: Vanities Of Life (chief Deinde Antonio Fernandez. Aged. 79. (r.i.p) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 11, 2017
On the contrary he had a foundation or rather still has one in Lagos. A proper Lagosian(isale eko) I believe -lagoon Oba is a close cousin of his- he contributed to different community projects on Lagos island. Men like Fernandez always end up getting choked in naija. Because of insecurities lesser men try to exclude his type. However in his case instead of going home to lament -usually the case for most exposed smart but less moneyed men- he went abroad to make and spend his money.
One of the first Nigerians to suggest local involvement in oil e&p with then NNOC headed by asiodu. He was a visionary and thank God he made it in life without having to suck up to some exalted rat in Nigeria. His life is the consummately successful archetype; not succumbing to enemies and finding succour outside your immediate environment. He hit it big in Angola. And ofc had to support the MPLA. He did not fund wars , rather stood for his people over there. I do not think u want a savimbi led luanda I don't.

3 Likes

Re: Vanities Of Life (chief Deinde Antonio Fernandez. Aged. 79. (r.i.p) by BigIyanga: 8:48am On Jun 11, 2017
[post=57405009]beginning of an accomplished business career. The omo Eko Billionaire owns the world's biggest diamond and gold mines in Zaire, Central Africa and Turkey.[/quote]
Re: Vanities Of Life (chief Deinde Antonio Fernandez. Aged. 79. (r.i.p) by BigIyanga: 8:50am On Jun 11, 2017
me:

The omo Eko Billionaire owns the world's biggest diamond and gold mines in Zaire, Central Africa and Turkey

s
Re: Vanities Of Life (chief Deinde Antonio Fernandez. Aged. 79. (r.i.p) by BigIyanga: 8:55am On Jun 11, 2017
me:

The omo Eko Billionaire owns the world's biggest diamond and gold mines in Zaire, Central Africa and Turkey

This statement is not true. The world's largest diamond mine is Orapa Mine in Botswana. It's a joint venture between Botswana and De Beers of S/Africa called Debswana

(1) (Reply)

How To Open Any Bank Account From Home / The Powerful Effects Of Creating An Online Presence / Raise 200m In 24hours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.