Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos (7805 Views)

Stop Complaining About Crude Price, GEJ Left You $30b, OBJ Tells Buhari / Resign Now, PDP NYF To Metuh / Kogi Poll: Resign Now, PDP Tells AGF, INEC Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by samstels: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2010
@Str8talk,
u are just a hater.
Obj did his best ffor this country.He loved the country with a passion.

Is not about noise making.Oshiomole was making so much noise ,now what has he done in edo state.

Whichever way we see it ,we need a leader like OBJ to liberate nigeria.

Time shall tell.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by abott(m): 9:08pm On Jan 24, 2010
Obasanjo is a Pontius Pilate. He has washed his hands off the imposition of Yaradua
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by location(m): 10:34pm On Jan 24, 2010
this is just the beginning of unfortold, i see great revelation emerging as the time keeps kicking tik tak, tik, tak

my prayer is for Nigerians to come out of this wonderful situation strong and united together, O NIGERIANS I WISH I COULD HELP, GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS MAY YOUR PRESIDENT RETURN HEALTH AND HEARTY BYE FOR NOW embarassed embarassed [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by BAC: 11:38pm On Jan 24, 2010
The fools think a president elected in a democracy has the ultimate power like a soilder. Democracy cannot work in Nigeria, it is failing in britain already where you not told? Our children here are taught religious knowledge by homosextuals here, that is the power of democracy. And the osama's brothers are carry most of the vote here now. So what can democracy do? Please American is democracy not failing in you continent too?
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by mezie4u(m): 12:10am On Jan 25, 2010
Obj is a man of honour regardless what people might say, for him to advise UMARU to step down publicly, he might have learnt that his health is fast fallin. I do understand the northerns about the issue of power rotation but the constitution clearly stated what should be done and it must be respected to save our nascent democracy
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by ladej(m): 1:28am On Jan 25, 2010
the truth of the matter is Obasanjo like most human beings has done good things, bad things and ugly things.depending on who you speak to you will most certainly get a different opinion about the man. without absolving him of any of the rot he has contributed to, notably he did some good things during his tenure, like elevating women to positions of authority previously unseen in a male dominated masochistic nigeria. bring the expertise and international know-how of okonjo-iweala was a master stroke, transferring her to foreign affairs ministry was a disaster. now she is the MANAGING DIRECTOR of world bank [i love that phrase and makes me proud to be a nigerian despite the bad press]. i believe that Obasanjo has possibly done his best work outside Nigeria. im referring specifically to his immeasurable contributions to the liberation of Southern African countries, and his peace initiatives throughout the continent. for the history students amongst us, Nigeria was instrumental to the efforts of a pre-apartheid South Africa, as well as other countries and Obasanjo contributed to this. Obasanjo's talks with Thatcher et al moved them towards ending apartheid , amongst others. on a lot of things he will be faulted but bear in mind that Nigeria is a very difficult place to govern and is ruled by an evil cabal. until this cabal is removed, either by law or forcefully progress will not come by, at least not the kind of progress we deserve, in respect to the resources the dear Lord has blessed us with. concluding this when its all said and done i think he will be remembered as a great man who could and should have done better, but will be remembered as a great man. any man who can rule nigeria 2ce in 2 different decades and stop not only atiku but babangida and buhari [2 past presidents] from coming back has to have greatness somewhere in his DNA. i rest
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by kadzukky(m): 4:48am On Jan 25, 2010
@Str8talk, I am surprised u are dignifying this OBJ debate with responses! U do not need to present facts to any OBJ promoter of the evils of OBJ. Well I appreciate ur patience and the mile u are going but I personally will not answer to those promoters. We all know that every policy OBJ has ever pursued were for selfish reasons, We have to beware of those who got born again in prison because by the time they begin to feed fat again, may God help us! they descend on Nigerians with a vengance. He came out of prison bankcrupt but the rest is history! I beg make i go drink my gari jare!
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:52am On Jan 25, 2010
It baffles me when people glorify OBJ like he has done something/anything to help Nigeria or to even make Nigerian better in anyway.
OBJ is morally bankrupt, and should not be talking at all, he impose OBJ on the people and now, we shd be saying thanks to him for that.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by centurian(m): 8:41am On Jan 25, 2010
MY QUESTION:is it possible for the president to run for a second term while still in office in nigeria. and what apart of the nigerian constitution allows it.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by blinx4real(m): 10:37am On Jan 25, 2010
All said and done,
I'll rather take a 30% OBJ than a 200% Yar'adua anyday anytime
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by telneting: 11:20am On Jan 25, 2010
Once a General is always a General. He has spoken well, I think Obj is right. Yar'adua or whatever he calls himself is not a baby, he should have rejected the offer knowing fully well that he is not fit. Even now that he is on a sick bed, he has refused to handover to VP. OBJ loves Nigeria so much, that is why he brought a former lecturer as presedent and another as VP. And this 2 people have messed-up in educational sector.

Apperently the president and his VP have failed nigeria and nigerians. At least banks did not sack anybody when he was president, we had a good AGF etc Though he failed in some other aspects but he was better.

Whatever, OBJ has spoken like a General. Afterall he was trying to lift YARADUA's family up once again because of the late Yar'adua.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Cotton(m): 11:29am On Jan 25, 2010
Afterall he was trying to lift YARADUA's family up once again because of the late Yar'adua.[quote][/quote]

At the expense of 140m Nigerians?? shocked
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by davidoo(m): 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2010
Its A Pity the way people just speak before reasoning. It took the great UNITED STATES 250yrs to attain a stable level of democracy which still have loopholes in IT.

People just refuse to accept the simple truth, that it will take close to 30yrs to attain a level of stability in ths country, instead of waiting for an overnight solution.

Even the ISREALITES walked for 40yrs before reaching  the promise land.
Rome wasnt also built overnight

And for all you OBJ condemers, im sure ur all not  0.000000001% the Man he is.
It will take years for you to understand what the Man OBJ has done for this country.

Even Jesus was condemed by his people, and it took years to realise what foundation he Laid for us all. so im not surprised if OBJ is beign crucified with words.

angry angry angry angry
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by aikuda(m): 12:37pm On Jan 25, 2010
A true leader is rarely appreciated in his own land. Only history accords them their special place. With OBJ, time will tell. OBJ made a lot of mistakes, but that is expected in the experimentation that was going on in Nigeria. He is not perfect, but he is not Yar- adua
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by mastalee(m): 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2010
I use to think politics is ugly shocked
but now I think its FUNNY. cheesy
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by rhymz(m): 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2010
aikuda:

A true leader is rarely appreciated in his own land. Only history accords them their special place. With OBJ, time  will tell. OBJ  made a lot of mistakes, but that is expected in the experimentation that was going on in Nigeria. He is not perfect, but he is not Yar- adua
As if he was in Yaradua's condition he wont do thesame,Oh pls spare me the BULLCRAP!Thesame OBJ that had the chance to change history but sacrificed it on the altar of avarice and heavy tribal policking.That vindictive !diot knew very well that Yaradua was a walking corpse,even with an obvious sign during their campaign yet he made sure they rigged him in,now he wants to come out and throw his fast fading voice.When the !diot was going gaga with his 3rd term madness why did he not listen and do the honourable,now he wants to tell another person thesame,$tupid foøl with no sense of shame,let him go and drink cyanide we are tired of seeing his ugly face!!Scheew!
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by aikuda(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2010
Hey Rhymz calm down, we are only talking about the issue as two concerned Nigerians, even though we may have different opinions. No need for profanities.
As if he was in Yaradua's condition he wont do thesame,
Well we will never know becasue he was never in Yar'dua's condition. I hate hypotheticals. May be he would have behave like Yar'dua, or may be not. But everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. He wasn't sickly. That is how a president should be.

Oh pls spare me the BULLCRAP!Thesame OBJ that had the chance to change history but sacrificed it on the altar of avarice and heavy tribal policking.

I'm not sure I follow the tribalism in a yoruba man backing an hausa man for politics. Don't tell me you too believe in all this grand conspiracy about him wishing yar'dua dead so that a southerner will take over. if so, there is no point even wasting my time engaging you on this. That is the most naive assumption I have ever heard. The guy had a kidney transplant. It happens all the time. OBJ is not a doctor neither is he God. I don't get the cynicism.

That vindictive !diot knew very well that Yaradua was a walking corpse,even with an obvious sign during their campaign yet he made sure they rigged him in,now he wants to come out and throw his fast fading voice.When the !diot was going gaga with his 3rd term madness why did he not listen and do the honourable,now he wants to tell another person thesame,$tupid foøl with no sense of shame,let him go and drink cyanide we are tired of seeing his ugly face!!Scheew!

Regarding the third term, I was one of those who protested against it because it was unnigerian not because it was unheard off. He was trying to do it constitutionally, and the people resisted, he failed and he gave up. That is the path of honor looking back.
Just to clarify, I am not saying that OBJ is perfect, I am jsut saying he had done good compared to waht we have now. I wasn't a big fan of his because like you said he could have done better, but is not yar'dua. Hope that is simple enough.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by degamonn: 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2010
At last, Obj has admitted hand picking Yaradua and imposed him on Nigerians (an allegation he had been denying all this while). I am sure this would serve as a lesson to him and any other person who is aspiring to rule this country that the decision you take as chairman of otta farms concerning farming business at otta farms is different from the one you take as a president of a nation like Nigeria concerning Nigerian.

He felt then that as a serving president, he had the right without constitutional backing to pick any “Tom, Dick and Harry” to succeed him. Now where is the power to remove the President? Since his health or whatever reason Yaradua may give for not performing up to expectation

He should first of all apologise to Nigerians, for imposing a wrong leader on us, after that, we can join hands with him to call on Musa to resign.

Although his comment on the health of the President has generated a lot of out cry from PDP officials who are directly or indirectly benefiting from this administration. In my opinion, there are no bases for these. It is the same OBJ who imposed this man on us thinking that the man has all it takes to be a good leader according to him, now that his health is failing him, he (OBJ) is advising him to resign too. Therefore, there is no need crucifying him at this time.

If not for the health of the president, in term of performance, Obj has no right to call on the President to resign because I can not point out at any achievement of OBJ 's administrations.
I know that some people in this forum and elsewhere might pick offence on my comment but I think I am subject to my opinion here.

I wish the President quick recovery any way.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Elenurazor: 4:18pm On Jan 25, 2010
Baba it is too late to cry when the head is off. Baba u a party to this country problem sir.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Meldrick(m): 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2010
Anyday and Anytime, I will say Obasanjo meant well for the country. Yes he made mistakes which I regard as only human. No one can say he purposely handed over to a sick president. He is not God to determine the health state of Yaradua and going by his statement, medical reports certified Yaradua okay.

If you say he imposed Yaradua on Nigerians, I will say it is only human. Which of you will be President of the country and not prefer to hand over to your brother.
George Bush, Bill Clinton all had interest when handing over. It is human.
The good thing is that he was not selfish to handover to a fellow Yoruba man. Handing over to Yaradua was in the interest of peace. You and I know what could have happened if he handed over to a Southener.

Today we crucify Obasanjo but as at that time Yar'adua had one of the best credentials as Govenor in Nigeria. Even the BBC enumerated his achievement as Governor of katsina state.

He had reserves when he was leaving as Governor of katsina. When he became president, he showed the way to other public officers by declaring his asset. Then Nigerians were applauding and screaming, the Messiah has come.

Today we crucify Obasanjo because of Yaradua's ill health. We might not have been any better if we were in his shoes.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by otondo55: 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2010
My Gift for you, you always like it hot !

You OBJ will never have peace in your life !

As Nigeria vibrate and terrible of your imposture

that makes us Fatherless, leaderless and confused,

may your (OBJ) life never have peace !

Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Fhemmmy: 4:56pm On Jan 25, 2010
^^^ Take am easy oh
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by MrCartha: 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2010
otondo55:

My Gift for you, you always like it hot !

You OBJ will never have peace in your life !

As Nigeria vibrate and terrible of your imposture

that makes us Fatherless, leaderless and confused,

may your (OBJ) life never have peace !

scarification_Nuba_woman.jpg (26.13 KB, 303x449 )

Just dis your pix don pass curse . Na u be dat abi na your sister? grin grin grin
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by DOAweb(m): 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2010
blinx4real:

All said and done,

Concur  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Str8talk: 7:36pm On Jan 25, 2010
@DOAweb
All said and done,

Exactly the point. He gave us a worse successor such that we will even look back at his misdeeds with nostalgia! We could have said no, but he made it a "do-or-die" affair.
Incidentally, Obj has ruled for over 20% of our post independence years.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Str8talk: 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2010
Abati says OBj is an opportunist

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=240110&ptitle=As%20Obasanjo%20Ditches%20Yar%27Adua

Sonala Olumhense says Obj would not have allowed an Obama to win!

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/editorial_opinion/article03//indexn2_html?pdate=240110&ptitle=Obasanjo%20On%20Obama:%20Two-faces%20And%20A%20Forked%20Tongue

Obi shouted down people who pointed out that Yaradua was sick and said they were being negative

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=240110&ptitle=Presidential%20Crisis:%20Why%20North%20Suspects%20Obasanjo%27s%20Motives
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by HARDDICK(m): 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2010
OBJ know that this is business,and he know that the guy won't finish his term in office that was why he chose a loyal servant Goodluck who will still be paying his tight to him when he accend to power,and he does not want to tell the North NOOOOOOOOO i won't give you power, he has giving them and now power is going to , grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by Dabbs: 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2010
The truth is a strong weapon that constitutes prowess and self aplomb of an individual. He who has it will be relaxed in dealing with any sort of calibres. That's Obj that God has provided for Nigeria that dissappreciated. Sooner or later the history will tell. Nigeria has started missing him, but stubborn-head human beings will refuse to confess.
    In short, to come out of this parable, this statement he made bode-well for good image of PDP, should the party turn a new leaf. Wit, the party is after reality. And whether we like it or not, the time is coming that a true constitution will be given to our beloved nation, Nigeria, whereby there would be no place for power-clingers to hide.
OATH says " To serve Nigeria with all my Strength" Where's the strength for Yar'adua (May He recover very soon) now to serve Nigeria. A Japanese Minister resigned recently from his incumbent ruling cabinet in less than a month inauguration because he sees there's no enough strength for him to serve his people - to avoid short-one. This is honesty.
   If he resigns today, he's already in the list of Nigerian presidents. He has every honour, every rights as a Nigerian eminent. What else. And he as a man of God, he must know that ruling is divine in its nature. It must be respected. God gives it to you from a destined time to a destined time. If God expires it, you should beware. Don't force it your way.
    Besides, for word-watching warning given by a stubborn PPS to his boss, BOT chair. It is a rude act in any rulig pyramidal status. Whereas, the man (OBJ) says, "Resign IF you are unfit to rule" It is honour for him. And I swear the man (Yar' adua) is such a man, but those bourgeois - image brokers- are behind the ugly struggle. It is IF. SO, if he's strong to go further nobody denies. So, it's the PPS that's supposed to watch his tongue to know which tongue to deliver his Boss message.
   This rude act has even become rampant of some bad eggs over there; they ask for what they can't give. You are requesting the God-given Jonathan (A good samaritan) to be slumbered of his divine rights in respect of his Boss, and you, your boss means nothing to you, especially once he's not from your pedigree. This is the like of Lukman, the like of Atiku, who nearly carried gun to OBJ to leave the office.
    OBJ is not 100% clean, but should all our leaders be clean as that percentage, Nigeria would have been in a considerable standard in the world class. He was able and ready to drive the nation as forward as he could, but beside the throne were the mongers whose duties were to shake the canoe to pave their ways at all cost at the expenses of other citizens' rights. A clear example is one of his strong ruling mechanisms, the person Nuhu Ribadu (May God save and protect him from enemies' traps). In spite of his clear mind, clear work, they still tried to get rid of him to pave way for their dubious deals. God is there watching all till the destined date.
    Am neither a relative to OBJ nor a beneficiary of his tenure direct or indirect, but the truth is a divine relative of everyone that shouldn't be ignored. I was even injured indirectly during his tenure. Only God is infallible. This is for most of us whose interests were affected by his ruling shore to be fair in judging the history. God has place things in its right positions. He who do good shall reap and he who do the opposite shall reap. And we must bear it in mind that unless a person is truly a God-fearer and neutral-minded, no one will be able to run Nigeria rightly and confidently.
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by sweetguy10(m): 2:24pm On Jan 26, 2010
Those fools that compares INDIA and CHINA with Nigeria are so dull that they don't even Know how china has ruled themselves for more than 500 years , Abeg let this Matter rest Ja re ! Uncle shege the master Planner , ur plan is working out , he did it the best way , he knew that direct Handling the Power to a southerner will cause nothing but WAR in this country , so he fixed a READY-TO-DIE president and a southerner as a Vice , Knowing that tha SICK president will die soon and Automatically power will be passed on that UGLY SOUTHERNER , PERFECT PLAN , everybody Hail uncle segun , grin
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by emiemi(f): 3:02pm On Jan 26, 2010
Is there honour among thieves? shocked
Re: Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos by vianooo1(f): 4:55pm On Jan 26, 2010
i think OBJ statement speaks for its self, i thought we were suppose to vote in our choice. What does he mean by looking for qualities.does it mean he is confessing that all elections are being staged up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafrans The Empty Noise Makers. / PHOTOS: Biafra Members Waving Biafra Flag At RIO Olympics / Inflation Has Reduced Minimum Wage To Nothing, Says NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.