Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello (1595 Views)

Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies / Maryam Ahmad Gumi Dies! Sheikh Gumi Losses Daughter / Sururat Bello Is Dead (Daughter Of Sheik Muhydeen Ajani Bello) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Newnas(m): 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
BismiLLaahir Rahmanir Raheem

I do not know much about him, I'm not much interested in knowing much about him.

But the little I know about him is that he is a man that is close to the sunnah of the Prophet alyhissolaat wassalaam in a larger part his methodology.

If we compare him to the people of his time we will see that he has some strange but enviable qualities, some of them are:

# He strives to base his lectures on the Quran and even reads some hadiths (though some may be weak and unreliable) unlike many of his contemporaries who base their lectures and derive their lectures on poems and riddles many of which are written by unbelievers.

#He strives to get the Quran in his lectures recited by people who have basic knowledge of tajweed (though, many of them are not erudites In the field of tajweed). Unlike many of his contemporaries -or rather- youths who recite the Quran without any element or trace of tajweed.

# His explanations are closer to resembling the sunnah than innovations. This is probably due to his indifference to the opinion of people and worldly matters unlike many youths like onikijipa who are hungry for fame.

# He doesn't engage in war of words with anyone regarding superiority, he just says his word and moves on. This is perhaps due to the fact that he is not a fan of music because music breeds hypocrisy in the heart.

#He is never economic with the truth, he says his word without insult or cause for enmity

# He is not a clown that cracks unnecessary jokes and drama.

I have no right to praise anyone before Allah as the messenger alyhissolaat wassalaam commanded us to say when we have other option but to praise a person:

أحسبه والله حسيبه و لا أزكي على الله أحدا

I (only) think of him (as pious) but Allah is the taker of his account and I praise no one for Allah.

However, there's no way a person can be perfect. May Allah grant me, the Sheikh and everyone who reads this post a good end and gather him and us in firdaus.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Coccoh(f): 7:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
Amin. No one is without some faults. May Almighty Allah make us better muslims and keep us steady on His path.

3 Likes

Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by AlBaqir(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2017
Here's opinion and fact of sheik Jabata:

In his lecture (Protest against Government Authority
is a way and Methodology of the Hizbiyyoon (Khawarij),Dr
Bukola Saraki’s stoning pt 1) he identifies some Khawārij
(13:14 mins – 14:50 mins):

"That boy who produces cassettes, Muhyideen
Bello, is part of the Khawārij
. Some do not know. Apart
from being a Sufi, he is also part of the Khawārij. He
understands nothing in the religion. He joined the Khawārij.
But, he knows nothing. Ali-Agan is also part of the Khawārij.

All those who publicly criticize the head of the country or the governor of the state, they are Khawārij. When you see anyone publicly criticizing the head of the country or the governor of the state, know that he is part of the Khawārij
."

# Newnas, tell us that fact as highlighted by Jabata is not right in line with your Salafi understanding.

# For a fact, Alhaji Muhyideen is a Sufi, and a regular criticizer of government.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Empiree: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
This thread reminds of this

https://www.nairaland.com/1986750/most-respected-muslim-lecturer-scholars/2

I remember this dude criticized sheik muyideen. He said sheikh relies on other than Allah. I asked him how? . He said he uses "nakali". I asked him what is nakali, he said to call on other than Allah shocked cool

See them below. I wish I didn't have to comment here undecided

Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Empiree: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2017

Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by AlBaqir(m): 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
^^^That's one of the very reason I was so surprise by that Salafi @op praising Alhaji Muhydeen Ajani Bello, a Sufi whom they see as people of Bid'ah. And who used to "protest" against the government.

He gatta be kidding me. grin
Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Empiree: 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
grin grin
Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by good4all40: 9:10am On Jun 14, 2017
Sheik Muyhideen Ajani Bello might be better among the likes of Onikijipa, Omo Muusa, and others but he is not upon Haqq. And Jabata that you mentioned is also a Khareejee too he is not upon the methodology of the salaf.
Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 14, 2017
good4all40:
Sheik Muyhideen Ajani Bello might be better among the likes of Onikijipa, Omo Muusa, and others but he is not upon Haqq. And Jabata that you mentioned is also a Khareejee too he is not upon the methodology of the salaf.

I was earnestly waiting for the first person to say this, baarakallaahu feek....

The least I could say is, according to what is apparent to me, he has ikhlaas but he is not upon tawqeefiyyah

And as for jabata, no ikhlaas, no tawqeefiyyah....

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by AlBaqir(m): 10:39am On Jun 14, 2017
# Its unfortunate that you guys don't know or follow the simple rule of dialogue.

# Whether Jabata is upon your definition of haqq or not is not the point. What he submitted to reject Alhaji Muhydeen is the point. Even Quran reported saying of shaytan which is haqq. Should we say because its shaytan, then we discard what he reportedly say?!

# Jabata claimed:

* Alhaji Muhydeen is a Sufi.

* Alhaji Muhydeen used to protest (abuse and curse) against the government; and that makes him among the Khawārij.

By standards of the Salafi (of any denominations), Jabata is 100% right about Alhaji Muhydeen. So, again, we wonder why the OP praises Alhaji Muhydeen.
Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Catalyst001(m): 11:42am On Jun 14, 2017
Allahu allam
Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Empiree: 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
Rubbish!

@ good4all40, could you present us your work in nigeria on islam and muslims at least the last 20 years?

Thank you
Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Newnas(m): 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
AlhamduliLlah,

Well, your points are well understood and for once this man has tried to go straight to the point. AlhamduliLlah.

First issue, Jabata is not a salafi even if he claims to be. He has a many fundamental opinions that contradict the fundamentals of salafiyyah. The greatest of these is his claim that all bidah is Kufr.
This claim itself is an innovation that was never known to the Salafs. This opinion is a fundamental creed of the khawarij sect and some shia sects. There are many details under this that time will not permit.

Secondly, the two accusations leveled against the Sheikh are true but the people of sunnah are the most cautious about labelling others just like the Salafs were.

So I'll respond to the two allegations in two ways:

# The more predominant of a person's inclinations is what we use to categorize him. The fact that a person sins doesn't mean that we call him a sinner and categorize him with the greatest of criminals. If his sins are lesser than the good deeds that we know of him then he is a good person with some/many/almost no faults/deviations according to his deeds.

There are abundant evidences to support this in the Quran but I'll just mention one:

Surah Fatir, Verse 32:
ثُمَّ أَوْرَثْنَا الْكِتَابَ الَّذِينَ اصْطَفَيْنَا مِنْ عِبَادِنَا فَمِنْهُمْ ظَالِمٌ لِّنَفْسِهِ وَمِنْهُم مُّقْتَصِدٌ وَمِنْهُمْ سَابِقٌ بِالْخَيْرَاتِ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ذَٰلِكَ هُوَ الْفَضْلُ الْكَبِيرُ

Then We gave the Book the Quran) for inheritance to such of Our slaves whom We chose (the followers of Muhammad SAW). Then of them are some who wrong their ownselves, and of them are some who follow a middle course, and of them are some who are, by Allah's Leave, foremost in good deeds. That (inheritance of the Quran), that is indeed a great grace.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Newnas(m): 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
see also Surah Qoriah.

# As for the second way:

It's not every person that falls into an error that the error falls on him.

There's what is called excuse of ignorance due to the place or time wherein a person studied or lived.

Excuse is also given to the one who says a wrong statement out of extreme anger or joy. And there are narrations to support it.

If you study my post well, you will see that I praised him in comparison to his contemporaries, his mistakes and errors are minor compared to the correct things he says considering his generation.

If someone of our generation did the same thing like him, he is not likely to have the excuse that we have given the Sheikh.
Re: Sheikh Muhyideen Ajani Bello by Newnas(m): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
AlBaqir:
# Its unfortunate that you guys don't know or follow the simple rule of dialogue.

# Whether Jabata is upon your definition of haqq or not is not the point. What he submitted to reject Alhaji Muhydeen is the point. Even Quran reported saying of shaytan which is haqq. Should we say because its shaytan, then we discard what he reportedly say?!

# Jabata claimed:

* Alhaji Muhydeen is a Sufi.

* Alhaji Muhydeen used to protest (abuse and curse) against the government; and that makes him among the Khawārij.

By standards of the Salafi (of any denominations), Jabata is 100% right about Alhaji Muhydeen. So, again, we wonder why the OP praises Alhaji Muhydeen.

Yes, Jabata's accusations are right but GIS verdict is not.

There's difference between giving ruling to a deed and applying that ruling to a particular person.

What's the ruling on calling upon other than Allah such as saying : "ya Husein, ya Husein, grant my father cure or aid my business"etc? It's undoubtedly Shirk (associating partners with Allah) and leads one to hell forever unless he repents.

But is it everyone who utters says this statement that we out rightly call a disbeliever? No!

Why? Because he could be ignorant of the meaning and implication of his deed or statement.

(1) (Reply)

Obama A Muslim? / 90% of Loaves of Bread include Enzymes from the Pancreas of PIGS. / IAAF 2013 Female Muslim Athletees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.