|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,351,269 members, 5,214,568 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2019 at 02:33 AM
|Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by Harbeeorlar(m): 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2017|
PRESS STATEMENT BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE SOUTH EAST GOVERNORS FORUM, HIS EXCELLENCY, ENGR. DAVID NWEZE UMAHI, IN RESPECT OF THE THREAT TO NDI IGBO BY AREWA YOUTH
1. The attention of the South East Governors Forum has been drawn to the widely publicised ultimatum, credited to a coalition of 16 northern youth associations or groups, demanding that Nd’Igbo resident in Northern Nigeria should vacate the region within 90 days or before the 1st day of October, 2017; and equally urging northerners resident in Igboland to return to the North within the same time spectrum.
2. Typical of our preferred modus operandi, we have carefully considered the contents of the highly provocative statement and reflected on its implications for Nd’Igbo specifically, and for the status of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as a viable and sovereign nation generally.
3. This public statement is intended to accomplish a couple of objectives, one of which is the expression of our deep appreciation to all Nigerians, including the Presidency; the reputable socio-cultural group, Afenifere; the President of the Senate, His Excellency, Dr Bukola Saraki; His Excellency, Alh. Atiku Abubakar; our brother Governors particularly His Excellency, Alh. Kashim Shetimma (the Chairman of Northern Governors Forum); Rtd. Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (the Honourable Minister of Interior); His Excellency, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai; the leadership of Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF); the security agencies and many others who have declaimed the dangerous threat by the misguided northern youth, and thus underscored the unity and oneness of this nation.
4. The South East Governors Forum has repeatedly reiterated its commitment to and preference for the existence of a virile, united, prosperous and progressive Federal Republic of Nigeria where justice, fairness, equity, mutual respect and equality of opportunity to all citizens regardless of creed, ethnicity or gender will reign supreme under the inflexible rule of law. We have had occasion recently to take this position publicly in response to the agitative but peaceful actions of some Igbo youth. We will continue to take a similar stance in response to any action that might threaten the cohesiveness of this nation or designed to cause its rupture.
5. The lives and property of law-abiding citizens of Igbo extraction are as precious as the lives and property of all Nigerians, irrespective of the region of their abode within this Republic. These must be guaranteed and defended against all forms of threat and aggression, both domestic and external, by the security forces/agencies of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We the Governors of the South East are collaborating effectively with the security agencies to ensure that no harm of any description is visited upon any law-abiding Nigerian citizen resident in the South East of Nigeria, including those from the North of Nigeria.
6. We must call on all serious minded patriots, particularly the religious leadership in Northern Nigeria; the leadership of other socio-cultural groups in Northern Nigeria apart from the aforementioned; the Nigerian Governors Forum; and all the service branches to rise up with voices of peace and wisdom to counteract the mischievousness and exuberant excesses of the northern youth. The ugly lessons of history are too grim to be stoked with carelessness. As leaders, we must exert the full measure of our powers and influence to forestall a repetition
7. We call on all our Igbo sons and daughters resident in Northern Nigeria to go about their lawful daily engagements without fear of intimidation, hindrance or molestation.
8. The rumours being peddled on conventional and social media platforms that we, the Governors of the South East, have met and agreed to mobilize vehicles and cash for the repatriation of Nd’Igbo resident in northern Nigeria must be disregarded, as they are nothing but tissues of lies. No amount of provocation would lead us to such a precipitate and irresponsible action at this time. Those exploiting such vacuous tittle-tattle as a basis for divisive rhetoric in public spaces are simply playing juvenile politics and we urge them to cease and desist.
9. Long live Nd’Igbo! Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Engr. David Nweze Umahi
Governor of Ebonyi State and
Chairman of South East Governors Forum
37 Likes 7 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by Harbeeorlar(m): 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2017|
We shall see how it unfold...
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2017|
When people force you not to leave it shows how great your friendship is to them but don't know how else to express it.
22 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by EasternWind: 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2017|
Igbo leaders should stop being civil in dealing with senseless north
They don't reason nor understand
Responding to them should have been in a strong worded statement not something as weak as this.
Anyways, we know whose order we obey
Keep licking aboki's ass
126 Likes 13 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by GavelSlam: 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2017|
Tennant has been threatening to leave because his lease was still counting.
Now the landlord has given quit notice he's screaming customer protection.
141 Likes 9 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by GameGod(m): 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2017|
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by gprincead(m): 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2017|
We must learn to give peace a chance. Nigeria must not divide by war. The world is too civilized for such. However, continued existence of Nigeria as one may not be the best if we don't restructure. Referendum can be conducted and even if we decide to go our separate ways, we can do such with handshake and still be good neighbours. Once again. I must repeat that Nigeria as it is presently cannot work because injustice always has expiration date.
46 Likes 4 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by laudate: 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2017|
Oh, I just love points no. 4 and no. 9!! So the South-East governors do not support IPOB?
80 Likes 12 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by HiddenShadow: 8:56pm On Jun 11, 2017|
Wise Igbos are already vacating the North
Let's rebuild the East with our factories in the North
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by Funlord2(m): 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2017|
Hian! See better begging for unity?
31 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by SHAKABOOM: 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2017|
Will you guys SHUT de hell UP..Mumu governors..On Oct 1 we stand
23 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by Jonathan39: 9:14pm On Jun 11, 2017|
So at your age, you still don't understand politics? No politician can come out openly to support a group that does not place the unity of her country first.just like el-rufai. But behind the scene......
74 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by laudate: 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2017|
They have come out openly to say they support one Nigeria, and do not have the guts to say anything contrary. Beautiful....may their hearts continue to fail them! When anyone of them starts pushing a different agenda behind the scenes and is caught and dealt with, no lamentations will be made for him.
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by sotall(m): 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2017|
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by dealslip(f): 9:54pm On Jun 11, 2017|
Jonathan39:But u guys expected SW and Osinbajo to agree to IPOB and declare Biafra
75 Likes 9 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by EVILFOREST: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2017|
HiddenShadow:What else do we expect the GOVERNORS to say...?
I never expected anything different.
They are after their 2nd term BIDS and Senatorial bids..
Igbos have been insulted to the MARROW.
Igbos Loved NIGERIA so much , that was why they made efforts to travel, live and establish in other areas with the hope that ONE NIGERIA exists...
Then when those who claim to be PURVEYORS of ONE NIGERIA come down to the far south and east.., they dare not even RENT ACCOMMODATION ..
They rather sleep like Bats everywhere, still fomenting troubles as herdsmen who do not pay operational permits and taxes...
Chasing students out of classrooms with namas.
They are fast at publishing ARTICLES that IGBOS will not produce IG. of police in the next 20years...
IGBOS won't be allowed to head the custom..
IGBOS won't be allowed to head the JUSTICE cadre.
IGBOS won't be allowed to head the Immigration...
IGBOS not qualified to lead NIGERIA ...
When GEJ was president, they made sure they made his RIGIME ungovernable, just as they promised.
They always say things any how and get away with such.
A POLICE OFFICER said he would kill 200 southerners if PMB should give up the ghost....
A Redeemed Christian Lady was brutally killed, yet nothing.
Another was beheaded, despite arrests, they were released and compensated.
Osibanjo is being threatened now and asked to withdraw his ambition of vying in 2019, should anything happens to PMB....Isn't he eligible...??
U claimed to be for everyone and for nobody, yet 2weeks into office you displayed what a kindergarten kid couldn't do, by addressing people with a mathematical blunder of the century (97% and 5%)
.....what sort of a country is this....?
Someone in the south bunkers Oil, they call him an illegal oil bunker..
Someone in Zamfara mines LEAD, they encourage him..
Are both not NATURAL RESOURCES..??
...even when they come down with lead poisoning, they are treated by the Federal Hausa Government and compensated.
U say ONE NIGERIA, yet u spread Arabic inscriptions on our legal tender(money) and Nigerian Army logo without considering the feelings of others..
U built ASO ROCK and National Assembly like MOSQUES.
Yet u open your mouth to say ONE NIGERIA....because you are well represented... abiii
What do they take people down here for..?
So if all these have been planned, what else do they need the IGBOS for.....?.
THIS shouldn't cause WAR nor any form of rancor...
They should even help the IGBOS to pack their properties and leave the stupid recalcitrant IGBOS there..
102 Likes 17 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by flinsburg: 12:24am On Jun 12, 2017|
I imagine how some cowards who can't even lead s street fight would hide behind their keypads to destroy the peace of others, the ibos clamouring for a divide are the jobless lazy ones who feels someone owes them for their stagnant life. Ibos have more investment in the one Nigeria than any other tribe. We should ask respect from our governors and ask them to provide an environment for sustainable growth. My anger is that the present government let this foreign fool nnamdi to remain alive and made him a fools hero . The govt should silently kill this man , kill people like ffk and silently kill this rubbish agenda. The number of lives that would be lost if this escalates would be better not imagined. thanks
18 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by EmeriitusMbaM: 12:31am On Jun 12, 2017|
Smh. Yet you kids were insulting Osinbajo for saying the same. Pathetic hypocrite
41 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:55am On Jun 12, 2017|
Honestly, i reason with you.
Nigeria cannot work.
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by EasternWind: 12:58am On Jun 12, 2017|
I see u're one of the political idiots who're frustrated bcoz Nnamdi Kanu has made u thieves irrelevant and worst still, "he's determined to close ur only source of survival which is looting of public treasury
in the fantastically corrupt Nigeria by leading Biafrans home". U're still shocked he isn't as corrupt as u and those u represent here.
Or is it the SIT AT HOME success FEVER? Get well soon lest u die earlier than I expected cos we still have heart wrecking programs to for u wicked, heartless and devil incarnate politicians who closes ears to the yearning of their people. Come November u will have a feel of the saying "POWER BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE" as Anambra gubernatorial election must be boycotted.
Again, a man u call nobody and a fool trends on every known social media, discussion forums & news sites local & international. He made folly of the age long theory of disunity among Biafrans and Igbo nation. He commands the respect nobody from old eastern region alive commands. Okwu abughi nri, Sit at home kwutopuzia. A man whose shoe u can't match. By the way, who are u?
Lazy ones clamoring for Biafra? Hahaha
Then the entire old eastern region must be lazy as seen on 30th May
The joke is on
29 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by NaMeAboki: 1:21am On Jun 12, 2017|
They are hypocrites because they are part of the problem; where were they when Kanu and IPOB were freely unleashing rancid unprintable threats and insults against the north and in particular the Hausa-Fulani tribes?
They have the audacity to call on northern leaders (political and religious) to reign in the ppl; but yet were silent when the likes of pastor suleiman and Kanu were preaching hatred and division in churches and over the airway respectively.
Were they also not the ones during GEJ's regime that were ordering the arrest and detention of innocent northerners in Igbo states, in makeshift camps, as Boko Haram suspects as well as demanding for northerners to carry special ID cards in an illegal and discriminatory manner - until northerners threatened retaliatory action (just like now) that only then did GEJ stepped in to declare the action illegal?
In what stronger terms should have the governors reacted; threaten to send the Biafran army against the north for giving IPOBs what they been asking for - freedom and quit notice to go and form their Biafra?
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by laudate: 1:32am On Jun 12, 2017|
Biko, why this endless lamentation nah? Just do what those Northern groups have advised...chikena! Isn't that what your people have been asking for?
36 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 12, 2017|
Style style begging
Igbo Jews won't like this
30 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by Probz(m): 4:39am On Jun 12, 2017|
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by vengertime: 6:21am On Jun 12, 2017|
Biafra or nothing, we don't have business with our so called governors. In the new country they will be locked up in jail. All hail Biafrans all hail Nnamdi kanu
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by vengertime: 6:26am On Jun 12, 2017|
dealslip:Unity beggers we don't like you people and will never like you people. Is it by force. We stand with October 1st if abokiii no do their worse they're bastarrds
14 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by chemicalDisease: 6:29am On Jun 12, 2017|
And you think IPOB send the governors?
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by BiafraIShere(m): 6:41am On Jun 12, 2017|
This is rubbish! Igbos in the north, please start relocating your families and movable properties now. You are living with hungry and envious vampires. Start now please, Agha eyiri eyi anaghi eri ngworo. These guys will rather be politically correct than have the interest of their people at heart. Ukpana Okpoko Buuru, Nti Chiri Ya!
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by ettybaba(m): 6:46am On Jun 12, 2017|
GavelSlam:That is a very brilliant comparism.
Igbos are cowards.
You're threatening to leave Nigeria and now a part of Nigeria gave you quit notice you're whining and begging for protection.
20 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by dealslip(f): 8:03am On Jun 12, 2017|
vengertime:See this one that just heaved a sigh of relief. You had your tail between your legs quivering until El Rufai and Shettima came to your rescue. You are calling the North Bastard. The feeling is mutual, can't wait to have you out of SW.
|Re: Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum by ghostntommy: 8:10am On Jun 12, 2017|
be sober....be vigilant........for yoir adversay the northerner (almajiri) roameth about, seeking whom to devour
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 281