Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,713 members, 7,955,686 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter (16407 Views)

Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter / GLO Sack Letter Based On Marital Status (Photo) / Woman Sacked By Kaduna Electric Faints After Reading Sack Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Webman007: 7:48am On Jun 12, 2017
Injiggerwolf:
That's why it's so important..... that one should not rely on only one source of income....invest your savings is the key

Definitely
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by larmu(m): 7:48am On Jun 12, 2017
I don't have anything to say,I just wanted to fill this space
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Webman007: 7:49am On Jun 12, 2017
bukynkwuenu:
simply go and start what has been on your head..... sometimes sack is simply trying to direct you to do your own business....but I guess we are either too fearful or lazy to take a bold step aside job hunting

Exactly
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by MadeOfBlacc(m): 7:51am On Jun 12, 2017
LOL... In a country like Nigeria...your best bet is to

1 start reaching out to all connects that you're out of job

2 draw close to God to eliminate spiritual opposition

3 package your CV wella and start applying for jobs

4 look for small runs to keep body and soul together
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Tattooboy: 7:54am On Jun 12, 2017
Been there, done that.
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 12, 2017
Anuofia #lol..guy which planet you from self..

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After receiving sack letter,

Auction your belongings and get someone to pay you for your remaining rent.

-get an international passport
-go to Ghana and ask of that woman that makes people rich.
-make some money, then go and develop in Thailand.
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by kaja4real: 8:00am On Jun 12, 2017
Well mine wasn't a funny incident, i just reported to the office on that fateful day. My people, after our normal morning prayers, boss called me and started talking talking, she handed me a letter and asked me to open it. Within my mind I knew the game is over. Well I opened it and read it, so i put on a smile face and thank her and told her that life is like a football, where the best coach can be hired and fired, I left. But I know who caused the whole stuff

1 Like

Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by lonelydora: 8:18am On Jun 12, 2017
bukynkwuenu:
simply go and start what has been on your head..... sometimes sack is simply trying to direct you to do your own business....but I guess we are either too fearful or lazy to take a bold step aside job hunting

Gbam. I have been telling people this. I'm on the verge of resigning my job, not because of money or any other thing, but because I want to start up another biz.
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Orpe7(m): 8:19am On Jun 12, 2017
ALWAYS HAVE AN "I QUIT ACCOUNT" THAT WAY EVEN WHEN SHIT HITS THE FAN, U HAVE A LITTLE CHANGE TO WEATHER THE STORM TILL SOMETHING BETTER COMES ALONG
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Orpe7(m): 8:23am On Jun 12, 2017
Na me kukuma sack myself when the one man business baggar wan turn a whole graduate to a house boy. Job stated aint what those idiots would put u up to. I jejele collect my salary on a friday drop letter on a sunday with the guard grin. The thing pain am die but wetin consign me i don collect my money run
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Webman007: 8:23am On Jun 12, 2017
Zilifish:
Get international passport and relocate to canada. Best option grin

It seems you have done this....Have Intl Passport already so how do i relocate?
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Webman007: 8:25am On Jun 12, 2017
Orpe7:
ALWAYS HAVE AN "I QUIT ACCOUNT" THAT WAY EVEN WHEN SHIT HITS THE FAN, U HAVE A LITTLE CHANGE TO WEATHER THE STORM TILL SOMETHING BETTER COMES ALONG

You're right...but most peps working on these basic poor salaries don't normally have savings
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by nellyquash(f): 8:26am On Jun 12, 2017
Op this is heart touching. On that fateful day around March. Came to the office as usual but the truth is that I also wanted the He-goat to sack me but he was frustrating me so I can leave on my own because of........ Fill in the gap. grin

But the funny part of it was that there was no letter given to me to that effect. So I was sacked verbally grin grin

My dear I carry my load and left.. Working in a one man coy is frustrating but still believe there are still good ones.

Did I forget to say am already on a case with him..
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Webman007: 8:29am On Jun 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Webman007: 8:30am On Jun 12, 2017
nellyquash:
Op this is heart touching. On that fateful day around March. Came to the office as usual but the truth is that I also wanted the He-goat to sack me but he was frustrating me so I can leave on my own because of........ Fill in the gap. grin

But the funny part of it was that there was no letter given to me to that effect. So I was sacked verbally grin grin

My dear I carry my load and left.. Working in a one man coy is frustrating but still believe there are still good ones.

Did I forget to say am already on a case with him..

Very touching....mine the signs were all over the place....so when it came i took it in good faith

1 Like

Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Zilifish: 8:54am On Jun 12, 2017
Webman007:

It seems you have done this....Have Intl Passport already so how do i relocate?

Go to the express entry canada thread on Nairaland Travel
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Ogbodoo: 9:10am On Jun 12, 2017
Nice one Op. Let me also add.

Once you recieve that sack letter, hit the roads and start looking for another job. Start with www.bejite.com. The smartest job app.

For Job seekers

Bejite is a one stop job and career site that helps job seeker find their dream job and build their career. It affords them the opportunity of connecting to their favourite employers, recruiters or the company they want to work for. They get mentored by these employers while asking those specific questions that are important to their career growth. On bejite.com, you can post, comment, share moments with your connections, and like your connections posts.
Bejite.com saves jobseekers the cost, headache and heartache associated with job applications. There is no need applying for a job anymore. Simply “Update CV” and an employer who wants your particular type of skill set, personality, etc might call you soon. It is that simple.

5 steps to getting your dream job on bejite.com

Step 1: Open www.bejite.com and fill in your registration details. Click on “sign up now.”
Step 2: Fill in your addresses and click on “Save and continue.”
Step 3: Add your username and connect to as many people as you desire. Click on “Save and continue.” Welcome to your home page.
Step 4: Locate “Update CV” on your home page bar and update your CV to suit what you want. Ensure you fill in all the details of what you have achieved so far. This enables employers to easily search you out.
Step 5: Be very active on www.bejite.com. Make intelligent and reasonable contributions and comments, posts, etc. Chat reasonably with your connections and you stand a big chance of getting that dream job immediately. Take the opportunity in marketing your skills and brand.

The Beacon Gate is one of the biggest HR firms in Lagos and they are already using the platform to reachout to their teeming followers and connections. Join them already!

Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Webman007: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2017
Zilifish:

Go to the express entry canada thread on Nairaland Travel

Ok will check it out
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Webman007: 9:13am On Jun 12, 2017
Ogbodoo:
Nice one Op. Let me also add.

Once you recieve that sack letter, hit the roads and start looking for another job. Start with www.bejite.com. The smartest job app.

For Job seekers

Bejite is a one stop job and career site that helps job seeker find their dream job and build their career. It affords them the opportunity of connecting to their favourite employers, recruiters or the company they want to work for. They get mentored by these employers while asking those specific questions that are important to their career growth. On bejite.com, you can post, comment, share moments with your connections, and like your connections posts.
Bejite.com saves jobseekers the cost, headache and heartache associated with job applications. There is no need applying for a job anymore. Simply “Update CV” and an employer who wants your particular type of skill set, personality, etc might call you soon. It is that simple.

5 steps to getting your dream job on bejite.com

Step 1: Open www.bejite.com and fill in your registration details. Click on “sign up now.”
Step 2: Fill in your addresses and click on “Save and continue.”
Step 3: Add your username and connect to as many people as you desire. Click on “Save and continue.” Welcome to your home page.
Step 4: Locate “Update CV” on your home page bar and update your CV to suit what you want. Ensure you fill in all the details of what you have achieved so far. This enables employers to easily search you out.
Step 5: Be very active on www.bejite.com. Make intelligent and reasonable contributions and comments, posts, etc. Chat reasonably with your connections and you stand a big chance of getting that dream job immediately. Take the opportunity in marketing your skills and brand.

The Beacon Gate is one of the biggest HR firms in Lagos and they are already using the platform to reachout to their teeming followers and connections. Join them already!

Hmmmmmm....most of these Nigeria jobboards and app don't fetch a thing
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Emassive(m): 9:17am On Jun 12, 2017
Hhaaaaaaa! So Nigerians are already visiting nana agrada for magic money?

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by mayyorr01(m): 9:22am On Jun 12, 2017
Mine was just 4days ago 9/6/2017, didn't see salary alert like everybody else, pull a call through to HR, got invited to the HQ office (Lols, I know shit jst got real), gotten to HR office, after series of questioning drama, he pulled out the Termination letter and asked me to sign them and that's it, game's over. The letter specified extra one month pay off, I hope they keep to there promise. Am going back to port Harcourt now. It's well.
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by jobbers: 9:41am On Jun 12, 2017
travel
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by fapcrook(m): 10:06am On Jun 12, 2017
bukynkwuenu:
true talk, my mama went straight for her PhD after being sacked for a bank, now a lecturer in a university
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by nehabwewe: 10:11am On Jun 12, 2017
this is useful info thanks website www.quetzal.co
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Ogbodoo: 10:27am On Jun 12, 2017
Webman007:

Hmmmmmm....most of these Nigeria jobboards and app don't fetch a thing

No app and platform guarantees you a job but there are some apps which give you more opportunities to get that dream job faster. Bejite provides you with that rare opportunity of meeting and connecting with employers.

Check it out.
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by Webman007: 10:38am On Jun 12, 2017
Ogbodoo:

No app and platform guarantees you a job but there are some apps which give you more opportunities to get that dream job faster. Bejite provides you with that rare opportunity of meeting and connecting with employers.

Check it out.

Ok i will...cheers
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by richcard133: 10:54am On Jun 12, 2017
HELLO EVERYONE, SEE HOW I MADE 300k FROM BET9JA IN LESS THAN 5 DAYS.. CONTACT THIS EMAIL::bensonwilliams133@gmail.com TO GET THE TUTORIAL VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE YOURS....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtKEgV7Nhgs

1 Like

Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by merxi55(f): 11:33am On Jun 12, 2017
I was beginning to 13th thinks that...well lemme reserve it...nice one... Op
Re: 3 Things To Do After Receiving Your Sack Letter by madjune(m): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
I was once axed from my job in 2005 and the first thing did was buy a bottle of beer.

Afterwards, i went to a nearby photo studio and took some pics.
Why I did those I still cant tell but unconsciously I realized I was even fed up with the job.

Being sacked is a reminder that you need to really act.
Save money and do something on your own.

You either start a biz or leave the country.
Paid job in Naija only wastes you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Anyone Ride A Bicycle To Work Out Of Choice In Nigeria? / Proposal For The Supply Of Ago(diesel) / 7 Pros And Cons Of Becoming A Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.