Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

How To Setup A Biogas In Pictures - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Setup A Biogas In Pictures (2203 Views)

Learn How To Generate Your Own Free Biogas For Cooking & Electricity Through Org / Christmas 2017 From Around The World In Pictures / Biogas Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Setup A Biogas In Pictures by FrancisAsquare(m): 11:23am On Jun 12, 2017
Hi there, I am Sahas chitlange, aging 14, from India. here is my homemade cheap and easy to build mini Biogas plant. It burns for approx. 20-30 mins on a bunsen burner. you can add anything from your kitchen waste ( Except Onion peels and eggshells). In 12 hours the Gas is ready for use. It is very easy and cost effective to build (only 2-3 dollars) and gives many useful products.
the end products of this system are:

1) Methane : (Can be used as a fuel)

2) Slurry: (the spent slurry is exellent manure)

The main components of this system are:

1) Inlet pipe

2) digester tank

3) gas holder tank

4) slurry outlet pipe

5) gas outlet pipe.

Step 1: Chose the Correct Container
you will have to chose a correct size container which will act as a digester tank. My one is liter tank. I got it from scrap.

Step 2: Make holes, make holes in the tank for inlet and outlet. For this I took a old iron rod and heated it to make holes. CAUTION: rod is really very hot.

Step 3: Fix the Inlet and Outlet Pipes

Glue the Inlet pipe and the Outlet pipe with any water proof adhesive.

Step 4: Making the Gas Holder Tank
, i took a paint bucket of 20 liters for making a gas holder tank. this tank holds the gas produced. The tank is overturned and fixed with a valve used for plumbing purposes.

Step 5: Time to Mix the Cow Dung !
mix the cow dung (5kg for 50 liters) and add water to make a fine slurry. Now put the slurry in the digester tank.

Step 6: Almost Finished!
Put the gas holder tank overturned in the digester tank after adding the slurry . REMEMBER: open the valve while putting the gas holder tank. the mini plant takes 10-15 days for the first time to get output. For the first time, the gas in the tank wont burn as it contains Carbon Dioxide gas, if fortunately it burns then good or wait for the second time. You can detect how much gas is there in this system, the gas holder tank will rises up as the gas is produced.

www.instructables.com/id/Biogas-at-home-Cheap-and-Easy/

(1) (Reply)

We Need A New Moderator / @Seun Osewa: For Your Necessary Action, Please (Phone Section) / Anyone Who Uses Original Makari Cream Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.