Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:05 AM

Messi Is The Best Ronaldo Is The Greatest See Reasons. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Is The Best Ronaldo Is The Greatest See Reasons. (744 Views)

David Beckham insists Messi is level above Ronaldo. / Mikel Obi: Lionel Messi Is The Greatest Footballer In The World / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Expecting A Set Of Twins. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Is The Best Ronaldo Is The Greatest See Reasons. by OVA200(m): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
Guy please let stop this argument because many of us don't know the yardstick for tipping someone as the best and we often miss being the best and being the greatest together, and most time we let our love for either of them to be cloud us, most people will be saying Messi can dribble, he is not selfish, he is a team player and another will be saying Ronaldo can score at anywhere, he got great positioning, he can score with all his body and that's​ not all what it takes to be the greatest but you can use those attributes to be the best.

MY OWN OPINION ON WHO IS THE BEST:Messi is a better player between the two because he seems to understand football better he can influence and win match alone, he hardly disappoint on big occasions and doesn't rely on anybody to prove his own mark any day and if you are watching Messi play you will think football is so easy to play but Ronaldo can't influence game alone anymore but can win it, he can't dribble anymore but that's not his fault though due to age and height it is normal (can Ibrahimovic, crouch, carroll dribblewith their age? NO) but if you are watching Ronaldo you won't be overwhelm but seeing his stat you will be like wow, so I think Messi is better (you might oppose though)

MY OPINION ON WHO IS THE GREATEST: Concerning the greatest between them as of today (we can't say what will happen tomorrow) I will go with Ronaldo because when considering the greatest they put your attributes aside and look at what you have achieved (valuable achievement) and concerning achievement Ronaldo achieved something that is very valuable like highest goal scorer in Europe all time, over 100 goals in Europe premier competition, 600 career goals, win everything in different countries etc these achievements are very interesting and appalling, am not saying Messi did not achieved tangible thing o but in term of tangible achievement he is a step behind Ronaldo.If you don't agreed let just imagine Ronaldo winning his 5th balon d'or and 2018 world cup and Messi remain the same way he is, don't let deceive ourselves the debate of being the greatest will be gone, so people won't consider the way you gather your achievement anymore but what exactly is the achievement in particular, remember people are no more talking about how Maradona and Pele sum up their records but people are talking about the achievement as a whole, so for me Ronaldo is the greatest as of today ( you can also oppose it though)

Coming from a Chelsea fan and also Ronaldo fanboy but also Messi admirer.
Re: Messi Is The Best Ronaldo Is The Greatest See Reasons. by OVA200(m): 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2017

Re: Messi Is The Best Ronaldo Is The Greatest See Reasons. by Rapahel1116: 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2017
Messi is d best ronaldo is d greatest... Wetin dis one mean?lolx...cos I no understand
Re: Messi Is The Best Ronaldo Is The Greatest See Reasons. by OVA200(m): 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
Rapahel1116:
Messi is d best ronaldo is d greatest... Wetin dis one mean?lolx...cos I no understand
Did you take your time to read the piece?
Re: Messi Is The Best Ronaldo Is The Greatest See Reasons. by Mexico09(m): 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2017
OP u lie Messi is the greatest of the two
Cuz wat is achieved @ age 25 takes Ronaldo 31 yrs to achieved I mean the 4th balon d'or and also Messi has a record of 91 goals in a calendar year, even Ronaldo the goal machine cannot achieve it, let me also correct you, Messi has won under 20 world Cup and FIFA OlympicsOlympics. And also he is 2 years younger than Ronaldo. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Messi Is The Best Ronaldo Is The Greatest See Reasons. by monaPhilz: 7:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
Mexico09:
Cuz wat is achieved @ age 25 takes Ronaldo 31 yrs to achieved I mean the 4th balon d'or and also Messi has a record of 91 goals in a calendar year, even Ronaldo the goal machine cannot achieve it, let me also correct you, Messi has won under 20 world Cup and FIFA OlympicsOlympics. And also he is 2 years younger than Ronaldo. I rest my case
Well said!
Re: Messi Is The Best Ronaldo Is The Greatest See Reasons. by OVA200(m): 7:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
Mexico09:
Please don't be covered with your love for Lionel Messi because age has nothing to do in football except for retirement, if a player won two balloon d'or at the age of 38 and 39 and someone win only one at the age of 18 now tell me who is greater? So Bros irrespective of when you start winning awards in football the total number of awards you win will still be the one to talk about.

And about the under 20 world cup and Olympic those are not major international trophy because it is restricted to some age group that is the reason Messi is also desperate to win either Copa America or World cup because those are major international trophy.

And about the goals you mentioned, just reason it yourself just because he score so many goal that season means he is the greatest, Bros why? Remember when they are talking about the greatest they won't restrict it to one season but all the career.
Remember how many season Lampard outscore the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo etc does that means he is the greatest midfielder?
Kaka achieved almost every possible in his early age but Zidane achieved many at the latter stage of his career, does that means Kaka is greater than Zidane?

Bros let learn how to face reality.

1 Like

Re: Messi Is The Best Ronaldo Is The Greatest See Reasons. by OVA200(m): 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2017
monaPhilz:
Well said!
Please read my reply to him.

(1) (Reply)

Lionel Messi And Neymar Pose With New Barcelona Shirt In Japan (photo) / Chelseafc Morata Transfer Agreed / Meet The Half A Billion Euro Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.