Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations (6015 Views)

One Year After, Nigeria’s Border Remains Closed / New nations shall soon emerge from Africa.. / Nigeria Will Split Into 3 New Nations In 2019 Says Massob (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2017

Arewa Islamic Republic or Western Sudan Islamic Republic (formerly Hausa-Fulani core Northern Nigeria)

Arewa Islamic Republic will be a sh1t hole 5yrs after Nigeria's breakup.

Without free oil money the traditional emirate system (adopted to replace the secular system from Nigeria), will struggle to maintain both legitimacy and order. (a throw back to the feudal Hausa kingdoms and Fulani emirate system that saw much power jostling and internal strife which the British were able to stabilise by acting as power brokers under Lord Lugard).

Infiltration of Arewa by different radical islamist groups will lead to splinter of the traditional Salafist Sunni ideology to differing and more radical ideologies. This will see Arewa as a hotbed of intra-sectarian violence pitching one Islamic sect against another.

Without much revenue other than grants and aid meant mainly to bolster the weakening security apparatus and to check growing terrorism in the region, Arewa will struggle on providing or meeting up to any developmental strides and will become the new poster child for what a failed state looks like.

Arewa will also hosts hundreds of different radical islamist movements which when not United in launching jihadist raids on their immediate southern borders will be in constant perpetual wars.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2017
Niger Basin Republic formerly what is known as the middle belt

The killing fields is the best description of what we can ascribe to the region with the most diverse ethnic groups.

If they are not killing each other over ethnic rivarity or over religious differences then the Fulani herdsmen in conjunction with radical islamist terror groups based in Arewa will step up to the plate.

The region's official capital in Abuja will be the only safe zone with IDP camps dotting the once pride of Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
Odua People Republic

With a bitting recession and inability of Lagos to reign in a cohesive and democratic govt of unity, parallel govts will sprout over Afonja land. The Lagos based capital will be the only UN recognised govt but will have serious hurdles trying to exert herself over other regions.

The separatist Ilorin for Sokoto groups will also be a hurdle as will other govts set up in Ondo in opposition to Bola Tinubu as the new nation's civilian dictator.

The Lagos govt will also struggle for support among other African and global powers after it agrees to the US govt setting up AFRICOM Base in the Lagos area.

Side note:
The yorubas were in constant civil wars and were at the risk of Fulani jihadist raids (made possible by internal traitors like Afonja). It is no secret that the Yorubas openly welcomed the British to rule them just as the Fulani North opened their city gates to Lugard.

That being said, we should also consider the highly volatile state of Yoruba politicking which is always marred by bloodshed and senseless violence. Without a strong military or corrupt free judiciary and policing system which will act independently of Bourdillon, it will be very safe to say, the new Odua nation will be a highly volatile political entity.

Bola Tinubu will do like his ancestors and ask for American presence in order to prop his weak govt. This will earn him the hatred and wrath of African states who have over the years opposed the setting up of an American AFRICOM Base. China, Russia won't be pleased either. At the end Tinubu's weak govt will be seen as an American puppet and the new Odua nation as a basket case.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2017
Niger Delta Republic (with the exclusion of Edo and Itsekiris)

Awash with money and United in purpose, the ND will be a bastion of why Nigeria was a very big mistake.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
Biafra Republic

Stable democracy with a booming industrial Base, the new Biafran State will be also another stable nation to emerge out of Nigeria.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Wukari(m): 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2017
@po. Evidence of poor imagination. Put on your thinking cap and try again

13 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
Wukari:
@po. Evidence of poor imagination. Put on your thinking cap and try again

Future Arewastani citizen

24 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by menace1: 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
how will biafra develop without Niger/delta petrol.oh with drugs,ugu,human trafficking nd baby factory.
s.east nd the core north are the most unproductive region in Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Wukari(m): 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
Future Arewastani citizen.
You are wrong again not arewa, never. Not me.
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2017
Wukari:

Future Arewastani citizen.
You are wrong again not arewa, never. Not me.

Stop denying your heritage

9 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by HiddenShadow: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2017
Who and who will form NigerDelta republic

I doubt if anything like middle belt republic will arise
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2017
menace1:
how will biafra develop without Niger/delta petrol.oh with drugs,ugu,human trafficking nd baby factory.

There were 5 regions mentioned here and am sure yours was also given a mention

Concentrate on your future Republic and leave Biafra out

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Who and who will form NigerDelta republic

Cross River (without Obudu)

Akwa Ibom

Rivers

Bayelsa

Delta (without Itsekiris and anioma people)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Mailthaddeus(m): 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
menace1:

You forgot that Most Eastern states have oil on commercial qty? Google NDDC states

17 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Mailthaddeus(m): 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
menace1:
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by HiddenShadow: 6:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
12Monkeys:

Cross River (without Obudu)
Akwa Ibom
Rivers
Bayelsa
Delta (without Itsekiris and anioma people)

Sorry to say
You don't know the ancestral linkage between Igbos and AkwaCross people
Akwa Ibom and Cross River will follow the Igbos

9 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by TheKingdom: 6:07pm On Jun 12, 2017
There is nothing like Niger-Delta Republic because people there are not Ni.ggers or "Delta" people (what a stupid name for a state by the way).

Instead you'll have Oduduwa/Odua or Biafra, Nok Republic (Middle Belt) and Arewa. Simple.

The only other possibility could be the Bini Kingdom which could have Urhobos, Ijaws, etc., if they don't want to be a party party country that is broke like Oduduwa would be

6 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Sorry to say

Maybe Akwa Ibom (Ibibio and Annang) but your average Efik is indifferent to the Biafran cause.
Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 6:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
TheKingdom:
There is nothing like Niger-Delta Republic because people there are not Ni.ggers or "Delta" people (what a stupid name for a state by the way).

Instead you'll have Oduduwa/Odua or Biafra, Nok Republic (Middle Belt) and Arewa. Simple.

The only other possibility could be the Bini Kingdom which could have Urhobos, Ijaws, etc., if they don't want to be a party party country that is broke like Oduduwa would be

Urhobo,Isokos Ijaws and Itsekiris can never reunite with Bini

Have you forgotten how Benin used their resources to develop Benin city?

Binis will go to Odua, the rest of Muslim edo will either join their cousins in Middle Belt or Odua

3 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by DAIL(m): 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2017
Honestly sense no common

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2017
DAIL:
Honestly sense no common

Oduan or Arewastani?

1 Like

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by ApexPredator: 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2017
Beautiful write up. Nigeria's breakup is just a matter of time. We are not compatible.

12 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by ponti93(m): 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
I thought i was about to read an informed and unbiased write up... Not this trash d op wrote

10 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
ponti93:
I thought i was about to read an informed and unbiased write up... Not this trash d op wrote

The greatest myth today is the so-called Yoruba Unity followed closely by Yoruba political sagacity

Tinubu is hated by most Yoruba political elite and is seen as an overbearing greedy manlet who one must placate for political gain.

Ask Fashola, Fayemi and Amosun

3 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Afam4eva(m): 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2017
Should Nigeria seperate based on your groupings, here's what the nations will look like.

Arewa: I think any nation that comes out from the north can't do better than they are doing in Nigeria considering the fact that they are hugely at an advantage in Nigeria and have not done much. Without oil money, the poverty in that region will skyrocket which will give room to even more fundamentalism.

Niger Delta Republic: They have the natural resources but do they have the human resources to handle the resources? I think not. It's left to be seen how far they can utilize their reources as the area is very volatile to clashes still bordering on resource control. But if the leaders are very serious, things will turn around for the best, but i won't hold my breathe on that one.

Oduduwa Republic: I think this is the part of Nigeria that is most ready for a republic, truth be told. But whether they can maintain the omentum outside Nigeria without money coming from the Niger Delta is another story. Lagos is not all there is to this region. Even Lagos will suffer a lot of capital flight due to the seperation of Nigeria. But they can maintain a stable economy if they out their human resource in place.

Biafra: This unit will be the worst from the onset because of lack of infrastructure owing to decades of neglect from the federal government. From the onset, things will look gloomy. But they have the human resource ad very inventive. So, i think evidence of progress will start being glaring after about half a decade.

22 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
Afam4eva:
Should Nigeria seperate based on your groupings, here's what the nations will look like.

Arewa: I think any nation that comes out from the north can't do better than they are doing in Nigeria considering the fact that they are hugely at an advantage in Nigeria and have not done much. Without oil money, the poverty in that region will skyrocket which will give room to even more fundamentalism.

Niger Delta Republic: They have the natural resources but do they have the human resources to handle the resources? I think not. It's left to be seen how far they can utilize their reources as the area is very volatile to clashes still bordering on resource control. But if the leaders are very serious, things will turn around for the best, but i won't hold my breathe on that one.

Oduduwa Republic: I think this is the part of Nigeria that is most ready for a republic, truth be told. But whether they can maintain the omentum outside Nigeria without money coming from the Niger Delta is another story. Lagos is not all there is to this region. Even Lagos will suffer a lot of capital flight due to the seperation of Nigeria. But they can maintain a stable economy if they out their human resource in place.

Biafra: This unit will be the worst from the onset because of lack of infrastructure owing to decades of neglect from the federal government. From the onset, things will look gloomy. But they have the human resource ad very inventive. So, i think evidence of progress will start being glaring after about half a decade.

Biafrans have a huge advantage and let me state why:

1. They fought twice to establish their nation. It wasn't handed down to them and so they will be starting on a highly patriotic note. The Igbos as you are aware are the only source of any meaningful development back in their home states and villages unlike the case of Odua and Arewa which depend heavily on migrant Igbos and govt subsidy. So issues of tax revenue in a legitimate Igbo nation will not be hard to generate. Igbos I know com together to contribute their money in age groups to send back to their villages to execute one project or the other. What do you think they will do in a Biafran nation where they know their pride is at stake?

2. No natural resources to squabble about. Of course there is oil but not enough to export and meet their needs. The new state will not be exporting but using the little oil they have to conserve much needed forex and you are aware that natural resources in Africa have been the primary reasons for the continents several conflicts

3. A highly independent minded individual population who will not wait for govt but do their part thereby freeing the new govt from performing useless subsidies.

Now I have to address the insult you heaped on a whole region - Niger Delta when you stated we lack the intellectual resources to lead ourselves. I won't educate you because obviously you don tey for lagos and maybe your family tree is filled with the stereotypical ogogoro palm wine tappers. Can any governor match Duke or Akpabio?

Fool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by pazienza(m): 7:49pm On Jun 12, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Sorry to say

Stop the unity begging, already.

Akwa ibom can stand on their own or align with NDelta or Biafra, they have links to Ijaws through Obolo( Andoni) people too.

Don't create the false impression that Biafra must be multiethnic groups in other to be viable, cos it's not true.

9 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by obong(m): 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
HiddenShadow:

Sorry to say

no we won't. No beef with Igbos but we won't enter a union where we are a tiny minority

2 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by obong(m): 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
TheKingdom:

There will be a niger delta republic. We can come up with a different name if need be. We won't be joined with biafra

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2017
obong:
no we won't. No beef with Igbos but we won't enter a union where we are a tiny minority

But you had no problem being a minority in a larger Nigeria

In as much as I like Biafra and remain a Niger Deltan we must not let afonja hatred to cause future problems for us.

We can talk of a separate nation today because of Biafra. We will need them in both political and economic alliance.

I believe in a true federalism setup we can check any tribe dominating us either as a separate nation or as a federating unit with biafra

10 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by Amberon11: 8:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
Why does the name Niger Delta Republic scare you biafrans? Did we Niger deltans tell you we are uncomfortable with the name? You can whine about that for all I care but you would be causing self inflicted migraines on yourself.

All the different tribes in the South South have rejected Biafra and have said that they would prefer Niger Delta republic. I don't know how hard it is for you Igbo's to understand that.
TheKingdom:

4 Likes

Re: 5yrs After Nigeria: The Fate Of 5 new Nations by 12Monkeys: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2017
Amberon11:
Why does the name Niger Delta Republic scare you biafrans? Did we Niger deltans tell you we are unconformable with the name? You can whine about that for all I care bit you would be causing self inflicted migraines on yourself.

All the different tribes in the South South have rejected Biafra and have said that they would prefer Niger Delta republic. I don't know how hard it is for you Igbo's to understand that.

The guy is afonja and they were the first to declare Niger Delta Republic as an impossible task owing to the ethnic diversity.

Stop allowing afonja to use Biafra phobia to deny your destiny.

They have already gotten the Itsekiris to believe more in Odua than even warri.

Stop this igbo phobia

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onitsha: The Bini And Igbo Connection / Biafra Lion Squad Storm Kanu’s Residence... To Confront The Army / See Picture Of GIANT BROOM Installation In Front Of Abuja City Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.