Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,281 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah (943 Views)

Misuse Of The Bible Verses / Who Are The 3 Best Teachers Of The Scripture In Nigeria? / Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by Nina4u(f): 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2017
There are lots of examples I could use here, but since im sticking with facts rather than interpretations i stick to one of the most obvious and blatant misuses of scripture, their complete rewrite of Deuteronomy 18:22. At the beginning of most of their prophecy videos it says “When God speaks, the wise listen. Deuteronomy 18:22”. In reality, Deuteronomy 18:22 rather appropriately says “If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken... What is worse is that they are abusing scripture for their own gain by implying that TB Joshua is speaking for God (or is God?) and those who listen to him are wise. Nobody wants to be dumb right? So you’d better listen to what TB Joshua has to say! A church that would misuse and abuse scripture as blatantly as this, is not a church you should have anything to do with...Also Numerous articles have shown that there are many who consider TB Joshua to be a messiah...
If you want people to believe you’re the Messiah, do you publicly tell everyone that? Or do you make continuous and subtle suggestions over many years until a decent number of people start making the claim on your behalf? TB Joshua has wisely taken the second option....TB Joshua’s anointing water is “for the salvation of your soul”, something only a messiah can do...Another way of receiving salvation (and blessing and prosperity) is to keep watching Emmanuel TV.. Emmanuel TB’s official blog is called “Distance is not a barrier”. Isn’t that stating the obvious given that God is omnipotent? This slogan makes no sense unless we were talking about God in human flesh, i.e. a christ....Matthew 24:24

For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up in the last days and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones.

Mathew 7:15-24

Jesus said:

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity... He creates more troubles then ever have been in bibly history. Dont be fixed on his behaviors, see what is the effect of his mission on others, on humanity. Stickers for houses, cars and becoming multimiljonair. A anoited sticker will take the place of the own faith in God of the bible. People are gone kill each-other for such a sticker in future. A Indian poor man cuts the sticker in 7 pieces, so his poor village can have some benefit too of it. Is this an answer to the suffering of the hunger and poor? Can this be called responsibility to the helpf our human-fellow-brother, by a televison-station with more then 300.000 members, ? Is this sticker with our godly profhet on it, the goodness of God for His people? Or is it about a cheap way to attrac and bind desperate and innocent people, to a false promise of hope and prosperity? In stock is a chip-card, with more and abundance promises of wealth, material gain,restored marriages and more of carnal desires. Is this a anoited spirit-church, or is it a buzziness to explore Gods blessings in a way that is beyound all concepts of charity and love for our fellow-brother? does our dear profhet wants to proove he has acces to the secrets of the bible, and is legimated to use this treasures as he chooses it? It must be a great honour for our profhet, to be in the book of life, with a marginal note; Pictured on 2 miljion stickers to help the needy. God knows what the truth of this stickers are.... 2 miljion or more cars, houses, trees, stones, doors, have such a sticker placed on it...Its not so important if this profhet claims Messiah-grandeur. Every sincere believer can see through it. His contrary statements, charity actions, the way he humiliates people during deliverances, the discutabel profhesies, the way he treads his discipels, his spiritual level of understanding the truth, his carnal mis-behaviors, his blaming-campain towards the so-called agents of satan who critizm him, his blamings to the church-members for faults he made in the past, his way of treating women, his empty promises of all sorts of plans he wants to accomplisch, his repeated statements and sermons on daily bases,without any newness in it.... His anoitings which fade away after 2 days, his forcing ways to keep controle about his disciples and members, the terrible testemony-rituals, the dirty videos about poor people with their dung-addictions, This vision of the profhet, is a self-created bad dream, and I am sure our Messiah does not have anything in common with it, nor to do with it....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by ekensi01: 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
Guy go get yourself a life stop watching the channel to find fault or cause trouble in the heart of others.

You that know the messiah who have hear your voice? just go and study the dictionary from A-Z.

1 Like

Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by pressplay411(m): 8:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
After perusing thoroughly through your post I can only conclude that You have a crush for him.
But sorry You're not his spec, he likes his women barren and desperate. grin

1 Like

Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by Nina4u(f): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
pressplay411:
After perusing thoroughly through your post I can only conclude that You have a crush for him.
But sorry You're not his spec, he likes his women barren and desperate. grin
I know huh grin His wife has been on management-school, thats why the whole scoan-system appears as a good-ruled management-system. Behind a great man is a great woman. 2 for the price of 1. / 20 anoitings-sessions to receive salvation, in steat of the one-time grace of God Himself., on His time. Its a buzziness-system, for winners or loozers. For forgiveness of sin while we are waiting. For healings when the faith is lifted up by force, and for everything the heart desires and can not buy or accomplisch it elsewhere. Winning of souls by material gain, cheap attractive promises, and worthless sermons leading to no single life-in Christ. The anoitings give life for a while, And tb joshua is the cause of all this empty nonsence. The bibly-foundation is no system, its a revelation. And guided by the Holy spirit. The Holy Goast does not needs management -buzziness-tools to do His work. The Holy Spirit is a free operating spirit of God. The bible promises provision when seeking the Kingdom of God. So no church-buzziness is needed to receive the best of God. Praying in faith is enough...

1 Like

Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2017
Misuse of scriptures is allowed... We can even use it as tissue paper as is allowed
Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by Nina4u(f): 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2017
damariox:
Misuse of scriptures is allowed... We can even use it as tissue paper as is allowed
what does the bible say? And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book....Rev. 22:18–19

1 Like

Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by menxer: 9:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
Whoever who does not believe in the gospel as preached and practiced by TB Joshua, is an atheist.
Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by pressplay411(m): 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nina4u:
I know huh grin His wiThe truth will always prevail.
Many thanks to you, Mr Robert Goldstein.

STARVING BIAFRANS

This is the letter of resignation written by Ojukwu's Chief Propangadist and International PR person.
So when next an Igbo man accuses Awolowo and Yoruba people of starving Biafrans, do not get mad, educate them.
Many of them are ignorant of facts.

"OPEN LETTER OF RESIGNATION TO ODUMEGWU OJUKWU

FROM Robert S. Goldstein

Public Relations Representative of Biafra in the United States
(Published in the Morning Post, Lagos, August 17, 1968)

As your Public Relation's Representative in the United States, it is my distasteful duty to tender my resignation based on the following points:

POINT 1 - In November of 1967 when we met in Umuahia, you and your Cabinet were very impressive. You told me of the woes of your little Republic, that thousands of people had died, were dying and more were prepared to die for freedom's sake.

You and your Cabinet told me you believed world opinion would help your cause if you could get your story across.

You expressed the opinion that very few if any people in the United States knew of the plight of the Biafrans.

You asked me to tell the world that Britain had teamed up with Russia in a conspiracy with the Federal Government of Nigeria to murder every Ibo in Biafra. You suggested I use my talents to induce the Press to write about the Biafran side of the war, as at that time all news came out of Lagos.

You will recall I did not take the asssignment that day but stayed on several days before deciding to take that job.

To help win the peace

At that time I stated to you and your cabinet that I was taking the assignment making it crystal clear I would try my best to help win the peace not the war.

POINT TWO - I immediately arranged the first world Press conference in Biafra inviting the US Press as well as journalists and television people from England, France, Switzerland, Africa and other parts of the Globe. This was the first news break through. I arranged regular trips into Biafra for the world Press, helped set up stringers, etc., so that your statements and the statements of your Cabinet would be heard.

At that time, I was absolutely positive you were right and your cause was a just one in the best interests of the free world and your countrymen.

POINT THREE - Finally the Republic of Biafra was recognized first by Tanzania, then quickly followed by Gabon, the Ivory Coast and Zambia. Our public relations work was paying off, world opnion was starting to side with us.
Peace talks were arranged at Kampala. I thought that if anyone walked away from the table it would be the Federal Government. But to my dismay it was Biafra that left the Conference. After all the fighting and killing, I knew that peace would not come easy but I could not understand leaving the Peace Conference until the last point was negotiated and the avenue explored.

POINT FOUR - Then urgent telex messages were received from 'Biafra' telling of tens of thousands of people starving in the refugee camps, the villages, the bush country - stating if something werent done in the next few months over a million women, children and aged would be starved to death. I immediately contacted the Press, urgently petitioned the State Department for action on their part. Food, medicine and milk were sent to the only available ports open for immediate shipment to 'Biafra' via land routes through Federal and Biafra territory, under the auspices of world organizations such as the International Red Cross among others.

Then came the incredible answer from 'Biafra' that land corridors could not be acceptable until there was a complete ceasefire, and that an airlift was the only solution to feed the starving.

You then appeared before the various Heads of State and representatives of the OAU at Niamey in Niger. I fully expected you to at least accept the world help that was offered your starving throngs. However, you delayed, hoping to use these unfortunates with world sympathy on their side as a tool to further your ambition to achieve war concessions at the upcoming peace talks in Addis Ababa. Thus innocent victims continue to perish needlessly of starvation, the most agonising death that can befall any living creature.

POINT FIVE - This was incredible to me. I am now convinced that I have been used by you and your cabinet to help in military adventures of your origin....using your starving hordes as hostages to negotiate a victory.
If at some later date, following the isuance of this letter, you do concede to allow a mercy land corridor...would you expect me to agree to espouse before the world Press the incredible delay of your decision. What explanation could I honestly give for the needless prolongation of this horror.

Inconceivable acts

I pray this communication may in some small way influence you to move affirmatively, allowing the mercy land corridor to be born.

It is inconceivable to me that you would stop the feeding of thousands of your countrymen (under auspicies of world organizations such as the International Red Cross, World Council of Churches and many more) via a land corridor which is the only practical way to bring in food to help at this time. It is inconcivable to me that men of good faith would try to twist world opinion in such a manner as to deceive people into believing that the starvation and hunger that is consuming 'Biafra' is a plot of Britian, Nigeria and others to commit genocide.

POINT SIX - I cannot in all conscience serve you any longer. Nor can I be a party to suppressing the fact that your starving thousands have the food, medicine and milk available to them.....it can and is ready to be delivered through international organizations to you. Only your constant refusal has stopped its delivery.

I am this date, tendering my resignation and am returning to Mr. Collins Obih of the African Continental Bank all the fees you have given me (Letter of Credit No. 354 $400,000 US.)

I have sent your representative in New York a Bond in the amount of 800.000 pounds that I was holding in your behalf. I have also this date, sent the Bond of 200,000 pounds issues by the Central Bankl of Nigeria back to them for disposal.

POINT SEVEN - I am now convinced that one Nigeria is the only solution to peace. I also call upon you Mr. Ojukwu to allow your starving people to be fed. Their well-being is of deep concern to me as well as other right thinking people of the world.

Your acting in the utmost haste in this matter is in my opinion the first step toward any lasting peace in your country."

Robert S. Goldsteinfe has been on management-school, thats why the whole scoan-system appears as a good-ruled management-system. Behind a great man is a great woman. 2 for the price of 1. / 20 anoitings-sessions to receive salvation, in steat of the one-time grace of God Himself., on His time. Its a buzziness-system, for winners or loozers. For forgiveness of sin while we are waiting. For healings when the faith is lifted up by force, and for everything the heart desires and can not buy or accomplisch it elsewhere. Winning of souls by material gain, cheap attractive promises, and worthless sermons leading to no single life-in Christ. The anoitings give life for a while, And tb joshua is the cause of all this empty nonsence. The bibly-foundation is no system, its a revelation. And guided by the Holy spirit. The Holy Goast does not needs management -buzziness-tools to do His work. The Holy Spirit is a free operating spirit of God. The bible promises provision when seeking the Kingdom of God. So no church-buzziness is needed to receive the best of God. Praying in faith is enough...

Personally I've come to a phase where if people want deception let him feed them.
Besides virtually all other churches are doing the same.
Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by Sunglass20(f): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2017
Eeya.... Na this one dey worry you? The man doesnt even know you. He has faced bigger challenges than this one and i bet you, this your write-up won't even get to Him. I earlier didnt wanna comment but i cant help it. If you are pained that annointing water is sold, i beg to correct u that it is not, it is a gift that accompanies the other books and cd plates. If you still stand that it is sold, no wahala, it is even better sold because pple dont appreciate free things. You said he humiliates pple during deliverance, this is where i know you dont even knw TB Joshua. Every time i was there, i was treated like a princess. Mind you i am a nobody.
But wait o, even catholic church sells articles of faith, some priest sell incense, water, anointing oil, Many prayer pple dey sell things now and the painful thing is that it doesnt even work. I have gotten Morning Water free always by God's Grace and my testimonies are countless.
So my dear, look for core cult members and preach to o because in as far as TB Joshua 'juju' dey work for pple, u cannot do anything abt it.
Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by Dasgoro: 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hmm
Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by Nina4u(f): 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2017
T B Joshua wants to steal the glory which belongs to the Lord Jesus alone. First he claimed that when he was a baby, a big stone nearly crushed him to death during the naming ceremony and when his people wanted to remove the stone, he told them to leave it where it was. Haba ! A little baby, only seven days old, speaking ? T B Joshua, how could you speak such barefaced lies ? You have no fear of God, because you’re a son of Satan and are deceiving the Lord’s people who are so deluded to believe your lies. Then you claim to have a divine nature. Where did you get that from ? Is it from your father or mother who were born in sin just like everyone else ?.Are you not afraid to claim what belongs only to the Lord ? Did you ever rise from the dead after three days ? Can your blood redeem a chicken ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nina4u:
what does the bible say? And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book....Rev. 22:18–19

Anyhow..English is not the language of the Bible.
Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
Nina4u:

See this one sha. If you tear the Bible, you've not taken away from the scriptures. Get that.
Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by An2elect2(f): 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2017
Every genuine Christian and objective human knows Tb Joshua is a crook, and the devil's boy.

Op so on point.
Re: T. B Joshua's Misuse Of The Scripture Many Consider TB Joshua To Be A Messiah by GideonOmach(m): 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2017
Nina!!!! who gave you all of this? why have we chosen to be unfair to people and to embarrass ourselves when the truth reveals our own lack of empathy.
we base judgements on hearsay and hold them as though we had first hand experiences.
please may we learn to be like the said Jesus we call about all the time.
A prophecy said about him that he shall not judge by what he hears or sees.. and that was exactly what he did all his life.. why can't we be like him and learn to not judge by what we hear or read?

(1) (Reply)

Why Is There No "Thanksgiving" In The Lord's Prayer? / There Is No God In Nigeria / God Said We Should Forgive But He Is Yet To Forgive The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.