Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) (45516 Views)

Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two / Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student / Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by nurex01(m): 2:13am On Jun 13, 2017
With a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.90, Alexandria Braie of the Department of Accounting, Babcock University, Ilishan Remo, Ogun State, emerged the best graduating student of the institution. In this interview with FOLASHADE ADEBAYO, the 22-year-old discusses her next steps.

You emerged the best graduating student despite having the second highest cumulative grade point average of your set. What qualified you for the honour?

There were other criteria taken into consideration, such as leadership skills, spirituality and community service. I was a leader in church and although there were no specific projects in these areas, my service in church and citizenship grade were considered.

Were you expecting it?

No. I was shocked. I feel blessed and honoured. I was not expecting it because someone else was already announced as the student with the highest CGPA. I had the second highest CGPA. Today is my happiest day and I am grateful to God, my parents and friends who have always supported me.

Did you consider yourself studious?

I was a balanced student. Reading everyday does not come to me, but I also took notes in class. I took notes to have a basic understanding and I guess it helps when you are not reading. I used the library because I like to read in a serene and quiet environment. The Internet played a very big role also. I got so many materials that you would not ordinarily get in textbooks. I feel that people should utilise the Internet more for its positive sides. Social media is good, but one can leverage on the internet to acquire academic knowledge. I would put the role the internet played in my success at 70 per cent.

How easy was it to make a first class?

I have always been a bright student. I was the best graduating student in the university, the best Accounting student and the best student in the School of Management Sciences. I also won the ICAN prize for best Accounting student. I attended the University of Lagos Staff School, Akoka, and the Redeemer’s International Secondary School, Maryland, for my primary and secondary school education.

I have always been brilliant and I have always been very determined to succeed in whatever I do. I look up to my mother because of her drive and determination to be successful. She is a facility manager and she inspires me to do more. I also ensure that I don’t give in to distractions and remain focused. However, I cannot do anything without God. He is the path to my success.

Do you have a boyfriend?

Can I say no comment?

Would you say that bright students get the same reward as winners of talent and reality shows?

I think there is an imbalance, but it is important that one derive satisfaction from what one does. I know that I can participate in a talent show and be presented with N10m, but I might not earn that amount in three years in a regular job. But, am I doing it for the money? Do I love what I am doing? The basic thing is to love what one is doing.

What are the next steps for you?

I am looking at studying for my masters. I have always wanted to be a chartered accountant and later on a consultant. I would love to work in big accounting firms around the world.

Why opt for Accounting?

I have always wanted to be an accountant because figures and numbers come easy to me. It was not a difficult choice at all because I enjoy working with numbers. You need accountants everywhere and there are different aspects of accounting such as tax and consultancy. There is a big tax drive to generate revenue at the moment.

What were your challenges in school and how did you surmount them?

It was basically about trying to create time for other things. The university obviously has restrictions, in terms of leaving school. But it was challenging trying to balance my professional exams and school exams. But I overcame by planning ahead.

http://punchng.com/internet-played-greatest-role-in-my-success-babcocks-best-graduate/

6 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by odiereke(m): 3:55am On Jun 13, 2017
Congratulation Beauty and Brain.

8 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by NLProblemChild(m): 5:22am On Jun 13, 2017
Congrats..!!! I am so lazy I couldn't read the story.

28 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 13, 2017
There is a big problem here. The lady had the second highest CGPA and yet was giving best graduating students. Now unless the actual highest CGPA earner had been sanctioned by the student affairs during his course of study then this would be a case of fraud and injustice. I know a University is supposed to certify Character and Learning but there is no such reliable metric that can measure Character. Character is only a perception based on subjective judgement. If i was the actual highest CGPA earner i would feel cheated here especially if i did nothing wrong.
TheVictorious lalasticlala what y'all think?

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by TheVictorious(m): 12:16am On Jun 15, 2017
Statsocial:
There is a big problem here. The lady had the second highest CGPA and yet was giving best graduating students. Now unless the actual highest CGPA earner had been sanctioned by the student affairs during his course of study then this would be a case of fraud and injustice. I know a University is supposed to certify Character and Learning but there is no such reliable metric that can measure Character. Character is only a perception based on subjective judgement. If i was the actual highest CGPA earner i would feel cheated here especially if i did nothing wrong.
TheVictorious lalasticlala what y'all think?

Of course that's true, best graduating student should naturally be the person with the highest GPA. If not, they don't trust their own grading style.

22 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 15, 2017
Congratulations.
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by bercarray(m): 9:40am On Jun 15, 2017
ncan
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by bercarray(m): 9:41am On Jun 15, 2017
ncan food don ready

good one babe. Did know you can learn from what is written up there?? but I'm sure 80precent didn't read it? how did I know these? I know it because...........

I didn't read it also

2 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 15, 2017
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Congrats Baby

I am so Loving this.

Please keep it up!

African Women are so endowed with Beauty and they are super intelligent.

God Bless the African Women, God Bless the African Men, God Bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by cutetopsey(f): 9:42am On Jun 15, 2017
Very good
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Thomsyne(m): 9:42am On Jun 15, 2017
Congrats ma'am... See list of universities with the number of First Class graduates Universities churn out every year
https://www.nairaland.com/349461/list-firstclass-graduates
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by nwakibie3(m): 9:42am On Jun 15, 2017
Let me comment first before I read but I don't want to hear their usual "I don't have a boyfriend while in school"
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by takenadoh: 9:43am On Jun 15, 2017
Still trying to look for the beauty and the brain.
Please help

1 Like

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by dragonking2: 9:44am On Jun 15, 2017
Niger delta babe
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by SplendidE(f): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2017
congrats dear,thank God her name doesn't give a clue abt her tribe, b4 these jobless ipob n afonja youths start fighting

3 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 9:46am On Jun 15, 2017
Congratulations to her...

Although I thinks she's just a plain Jane, nothing spectacular about her looks undecided

2 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Amosjaj(m): 9:47am On Jun 15, 2017
G
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Deicide: 9:48am On Jun 15, 2017
E be like say Accounting for Uni Simple?
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by melody91: 9:48am On Jun 15, 2017
she don deny me..chai! I am her boyfriend o

1 Like

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Agimor(m): 9:50am On Jun 15, 2017
Brain yeah... Beauty Nope. Don't intertwined she only has the former.

2 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by happney65: 9:51am On Jun 15, 2017
She is just there. .She isn't beautiful..Was expecting to see a Beyonce..All the same congrats

1 Like

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by SweetJoystick(m): 9:52am On Jun 15, 2017
Congratulations to her and her parents
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 15, 2017
No be private uni?
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2017
Private uni, no big deal
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by chuksanambra: 9:55am On Jun 15, 2017
SplendidE:
congrats dear,thank God her name doesn't give a clue abt her tribe,
b4 these jobless ipob n afonja youths start fighting

Those fights drive traffic on NL, NL needs the traffic to show advertisers that NL has tons of users.

Always look at the business side of things.
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by superlanny(m): 9:55am On Jun 15, 2017
And the interviewer asked her, do you have a boyfriend, and am like the D would have killed her ambitions, cus when she reaches the O a lot of times it can scramble her intelligent brain.

2 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by spectator2001: 9:57am On Jun 15, 2017
"You emerged the best graduating student despite having the second highest cumulative grade point average of your set. What qualified you for the honour?

There were other criteria taken into consideration, such as leadership skills, spirituality and community service. I was a leader in church and although there were no specific projects in these areas, my service in church and citizenship grade were considered."

If this isn't madness, please don't call those patients at psychiatric hospital "mad people". Both Babcock, the recipient, the spiritual metric are all crazy people! Why not award her separately for her spirituality?

This is the peak of absurdity, someone worked hard to attain a first position, simply because he or she wasn't spiritual enough, they are denied their victory? You people make religion a very unpleasant thing to hear! What a ridiculous response!

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by lordhugo(m): 9:58am On Jun 15, 2017
I learnt something new today.

...Spirituality and leadership in the church counts in your CGPA in Babcock.

2 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 15, 2017
But why didn't she want to answer if she has a boyfriend or not? cheesy grin

Well congrats to her smiley

NL slay queens, you see ya life? tongue

1 Like

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by DonroxyII: 10:01am On Jun 15, 2017
bjhaid:
Private uni, no big deal
Though she really did well but in a Federal/State university , it may require more effort than she put in Babcock .........

Nonetheless, She is a First class per excellence, I love her response to the interview.... !!!

She really know what she want and she knows how to get it .... !!!!
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2017
That's the result of hard work. Wishing her all the best in her career pursuits. Congratulations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Meet Aarinola Olaiya Who Broke 28-Year-Old Record In Medicine In OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.