Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) (45505 Views)

Edafe Dogo Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student, A Mother Of Two / Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student / Faith Onyekachukwu Ojumah, McPherson University Best Graduating Student (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by ItzWonderz(m): 10:04am On Jun 15, 2017
Which pinshure are we to believe now sad
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by opalu: 10:05am On Jun 15, 2017
Congrats to her this beautiful Lady.
A First class Graduate and overall best at 22 yrs!!
Don't look down on yourself if you didn't get first class in academics. Thank God for other things that you are excellent in and work on the others you are not.

E.g I married my wife when she was a Mass Com graduate at 22yrs. She had First class in the kitchen and the other Room. smiley
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by femi4: 10:07am On Jun 15, 2017
Statsocial:
There is a big problem here. The lady had the second highest CGPA and yet was giving best graduating students. Now unless the actual highest CGPA earner had been sanctioned by the student affairs during his course of study then this would be a case of fraud and injustice. I know a University is supposed to certify Character and Learning but there is no such reliable metric that can measure Character. Character is only a perception based on subjective judgement. If i was the actual highest CGPA earner i would feel cheated here especially if i did nothing wrong.
TheVictorious lalasticlala what y'all think?
There were other criteria taken into consideration, such as leadership skills, spirituality and community service
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Fesirb111: 10:08am On Jun 15, 2017
weidone ma....I like brilliant girls, but most of them are only good on academics ntn more cool....But there's actually more to it. eg Ko**ji grin
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by AnanseK(m): 10:15am On Jun 15, 2017
NLProblemChild:
Congrats..!!! I am so lazy I couldn't read the story.

Obviously not a distinction candidate
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 15, 2017
spectator2001:
"You emerged the best graduating student despite having the second highest cumulative grade point average of your set. What qualified you for the honour?

There were other criteria taken into consideration, such as leadership skills, spirituality and community service. I was a leader in church and although there were no specific projects in these areas, my service in church and citizenship grade were considered."

If this isn't madness, please don't call those patients at psychiatric hospital "mad people". Both Babcock, the recipient, the spiritual metric are all crazy people! Why not award her separately for her spirituality?

This is the peak of absurdity, someone worked hard to attain a first position, simply because he or she wasn't spiritual enough, they are denied their victory? You people make religion a very unpleasant thing to hear! What a ridiculous response!
Thankyou o,I thought I was the only one seeing this madness. You can always give a separate award for spirituality or community service rather than subvert the normal traditional process of awarding BGS to the highest cgpa earner. Also, while community service may be measurable it is impossible to measure spirituality of over 1000 students-so even a spirituality award would be controversial on its own talkless of including it as a parameter for BGS award. By the way I am also a Christian and I won't subscribe to this fraud.

1 Like

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by battleaxe: 10:46am On Jun 15, 2017
lordhugo:
I learnt something new today.

...Spirituality and leadership in the church counts in your CGPA in Babcock.

It doesn't count in the CGPA....

It counts in the award of the best graduating student!
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by dayowunmi(m): 11:12am On Jun 15, 2017
She scored the second highest CGPA and she was awarded best graduating student? What happened to the one student with a higher CGPA? I guess he's a guy. OK bye

2 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by bitcoinvin(m): 11:24am On Jun 15, 2017
nurex01:

http://punchng.com/internet-played-greatest-role-in-my-success-babcocks-best-graduate/

God bless her brain,i will Rather marry her and get insulted than marrying a slay queen.
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by lordhugo(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2017
battleaxe:

Well spoken.
...from both sides of your mouth.
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by bodejohn(m): 11:39am On Jun 15, 2017
Statsocial:
There is a big problem here. The lady had the second highest CGPA and yet was giving best graduating students. Now unless the actual highest CGPA earner had been sanctioned by the student affairs during his course of study then this would be a case of fraud and injustice. I know a University is supposed to certify Character and Learning but there is no such reliable metric that can measure Character. Character is only a perception based on subjective judgement. If i was the actual highest CGPA earner i would feel cheated here especially if i did nothing wrong.
TheVictorious lalasticlala what y'all think?

I am not all about spirituality and church activities but the award is not "student with the highest CGPA" but the best among all the graduating students, many universities would naturally give this award to the student with the highest CGPA. While these citadels might not have bothered about character and community service, I suppose a purely faith based school will.

Several other criteria would have been used to grade these students which might have been made known to the students "ab inito".
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by bodejohn(m): 11:41am On Jun 15, 2017
battleaxe:

Yes, especially in a faith based university.
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by proff010: 11:42am On Jun 15, 2017
nurex01:

http://punchng.com/internet-played-greatest-role-in-my-success-babcocks-best-graduate/
but she didn't acknowledge her dad. O ma se ooo. Dad in the house wat do u think?
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by blackboy(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
nwakibie3:
Let me comment first before I read but I don't want to hear their usual "I don't have a boyfriend while in school"
She get boyfriend
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by kikies(m): 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
StephDamielola:
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Congrats Baby

I am so Loving this.

Please keep it up!

African Women are so endowed with Beauty and they are super intelligent.

God Bless the African Women, God Bless the African Men, God Bless Nigeria.

God b bless the slay mamas too and the pepper dem gang...................that don't know what the abbr B.Sc stands for grin
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
kikies:

God b bless the slay mamas too and the pepper dem gang...................that don't know what the abbr B.Sc stands for grin

DONT WORRY, VERY SOON THE CERTIFICATION WILL BE MODIFIED. WE WILL BE GRADUATING WITH A SPINSTER DEGREE
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by NLProblemChild(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2017
AnanseK:

Obviously not a distinction candidate
who!
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by kikies(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
StephDamielola:

DONT WORRY, VERY SOON THE CERTIFICATION WILL BE MODIFIED. WE WILL BE GRADUATING WITH A SPINSTER DEGREE

M.Sc SPINTER (Age 34 n above) lol

btw which group do u rep ''slay mama'' or ''pepper dem gang''

you b my sake sef...Dammy
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
kikies:

M.Sc SPINTER (Age 34 n above) lol

btw which group do u rep ''slay mama'' or ''pepper dem gang''

you b my sake sef...Dammy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I AM AN AFRICAN WOMAN.

THANK YOU
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by mecussey(m): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2017
NLProblemChild:
Congrats..!!! I am so lazy I couldn't read the story.

Laziness is good, sometimes it makes you find shortcuts easily but if you dont make good use of it, mother earth will regret ever having you.
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by ogbedor1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
Where them slay mama's, God punish devil una be slay queen with slay brain... Yeye dey smell
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2017
bodejohn:

I am not all about spirituality and church activities but the award is not "student with the highest CGPA" but the best among all the graduating students, many universities would naturally give this award to the student with the highest CGPA. While these citadels might not have bothered about character and community service, I suppose a purely faith based school will.

Several other criteria would have been used to grade these students which might have been made known to the students "ab inito".
Those citadels of learning dont do so because it is not pragmatic nor possible to access over 1500 student based on Spirituality or Community. Heck, even the chaplain cannot claim to personally know 200 of those students. I am saying this because I know what spirituality means-it certainly isn't about Church attendance or even service. Spirituality is something personal and only God can truly judge who is Spiritual than the other. This is an academic environment and things must be done on verifiable metrics. If you tell us that spirituality is a consideration then please tell us what percentage it Carries and tell us the methodology used in concluding such "facts". If CGPA carries 70% and Spirituality 30% then I would like to see the Spirituality score of the guy with the highest CGPA to be sure he was actually surpassed since we've all turned ourselves to the Holy Spirit who knows the intents and motives of all men. So you get my point? No one can truly ascertain that one is better than the other in terms of Character.

2 Likes

Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by bodejohn(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
Statsocial:

Those citadels of learning dont do so because it is not pragmatic nor possible to access over 1500 student based on Spirituality or Community. Heck, even the chaplain cannot claim to personally know 200 of those students. I am saying this because I know what spirituality means-it certainly isn't about Church attendance or even service. Spirituality is something personal and only God can truly judge who is Spiritual than the other. This is an academic environment and things must be done on verifiable metrics. If you tell us that spirituality is a consideration then please tell us what percentage it Carries and tell us the methodology used in concluding such "facts". If CGPA carries 70% and Spirituality 30% then I would like to see the Spirituality score of the guy with the highest CGPA to be sure he was actually surpassed since we've all turned ourselves to the Holy Spirit who knows the intents and motives of all men. So you get my point? No one can truly ascertain that one is better than the other in terms of Character.

I guess you didn't understand my point. I am also not concerned about the spirituality of the students but since we are talking about a faith based organisation here, there are several ways the school might have used to come up with how it was measured e.g attendance at fellowship services or something like that. It will be a case of double or inconsistent standards if this was not communicated to the students from the beginning.

We have heard stories of students punished for not coming to evening fellowship with their bibles or rusticated for skipping these services...
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 15, 2017

Hmmm... Daughter of Evelyn Braie.

Impressive, just like her mother.
Re: Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos) by erichmond521: 9:45am On Jun 25, 2018
I am only a second-year student but hope to achieve the result like this girl.
That's why I read a lot and sometimes use writing assistance from https://courseworkinfo.co.uk to get more experience from other people.
If you have any advice on how to improve learning skills, please feel free to contact me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Aarinola Olaiya Who Broke 28-Year-Old Record In Medicine In OAU / Top Best Polytechnics In Nigeria 2014ranking / Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.