Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

The Lady In My Dream - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Lady In My Dream (543 Views)

'The Lady Next My Door' / 'the Lady Next My Door' A Story From Wurastories / The Angel In My Dream. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lady In My Dream by johnspurgeon014(m): 7:37am On Jun 13, 2017
I had a funny dream last night. An actual dream yeah duh.

I was sitting next to this lady in a simple dress at a book launch when we somehow got to talking. She'd read my novel OFF ALL THE GIRLS IN LAGOS (to be published on the 20th of June on okadabooks and other market places). Her insight was mature and new to me as she came at the story from a perspective I never imagined yet.

For instance, I hate my antagonist Sting with such a passion that I did my best to make my readers hate him as well while projecting pity and well wishes on the protagonist. This case was the reverse with the lady in my Dream. I never had any positive opinions about my antagonist, not even in my subconsciousness. So why would this lady (in my Dream) gush so positively about Sting, given all the pitfalls he set for my lovers. Maybe she isn't a romantic person lol.

Anyways, my apologies for getting back after such a long time. I know I have lost most of my readers but that couldn't be helped. The question still remains though;

Will you still dote on an old flame who is no longer worthy of your company, just because you believe that since she was once good enough to be friends with, she still has it in her to be a better version of her present self?

Looking forward to your reviews after the 20th of June 2017. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

She's My Baby!!! Yes, We Know!!! / Fools Rush In–A Coastal city crime. / Gone Are The Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.