Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,123 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

My Encounter With A GTB Staff - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Encounter With A GTB Staff (32439 Views)

GTB Staff Celebrate Tinuola Aigwedo / Any Gtb Staff Here Please I Need Your Help / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Godprotectigbos(f): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
DSSHQ:
What he did was illegal and unprofessional. He has no right to approach you simply because he has access to your details.

seriously dey lack discipline

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Horlawoomey(m): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
That is very unprofessional of him, he can get himself sacked for pulling that stupid stunt.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by FameG(f): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
solomonjac:
Oga u want to fall victim lol....U beta report to the bank to get the guy refund ur money...
Chat gtb mail thru enquiry@gtbank.com or complaints@gtbank.com make them help u out else u go enter 1chance.....banker indeed

Please don't take the above advice unless you want him sacked. He knows he doesn't have access to your money that is why he is asking you.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
2 wrongs;

1. Fixed Deposit at what APR ? Common, our country is recessing with inflation above 17%. If the interest that bank pays on your Fixed instrument is less than that, then you will end up earning less than what you put there in REAL value.

2. Report to the bank and make sure your cash is still in tact there, there are so much fraud going on at GTB now.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Xcelinteriors(f): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
He can't touch your money without your permission. Just tell him it's not possible and please don't report him
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Sijo01(f): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
What a show of unprofessionalism. Such a person can arrange for a customer to be robbed or even kidnapped.

4 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
dapyd1:

While trying to not emotionally blackmail you, please note that he may likely lose his job if you report.

I don't think he values his job, if he does he wouldn't have contact the op in the first place. These are the kind of staff that give armed robbers info on how to rob their victims. From contacting customer he will "graduate" to teaming up with armed robbers to rob customers.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Akinaukwa: 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
That is an unprofessional conduct which should be reported immediately. That is the type that reveals id and transaction details of account holders to armed robbers and kidnappers. They are found in all banks and not only GT.

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by salbis(m): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:
Morning nlanders I will try to make my story very brief....

I Went to make a fix deposit of about #500,000 last week at GTbank then I received a call the next day from the staff that helped me in opening the fixed deposit account that he will like to see me the next day which was on Saturday. He described his place of residence to me and I went to see him.
He told me that a friend of his that is about traveling abroad wants to sell his car that he needed about #160,000 to add to wot he has now and since I came to make a fix deposit he felt I won't be using the money now and I should pls borrow him and he would pay back in 2months time. Although I made it clear to him that I cnt do such a thing moreover u work in a bank and can easily take a loan which from there u would be paying bit by bit.
Pls my question now is does he have access to take my money without my permission??
With all the hype, some bankers can't raise 160k? Smh.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by firstking01(m): 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Yes he does have access to your account but that's not a yardstick for him to touch your money without your consent.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by NCP: 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
solomonjac:
Oga u want to fall victim lol....U beta report to the bank to get the guy refund ur money...
Chat gtb mail thru enquiry@gtbank.com or complaints@gtbank.com make them help u out else u go enter 1chance.....banker indeed

@OP follow this advice NOW.

that banker could be a rouge banker.
Sharp practices like made me leave
UBA for good.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Amucha: 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Please forgive him and do not report him. Jobs are not easy to find now
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Innobee99(m): 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
dapyd1:
No one has a cess to your money as long as you lodged in through the correct means.

For those urging you to report him.

First, there is nothing bad of you want to, that is if you feel harassed.

While trying to not emotionally blackmail you, please note that he may likely lose his job if you report.

What he did was professionally wrong.

But I urge you to see it as a guy to guy thing. He came to meet you to lend him money. You said No. You could leave it at that.

Guy u be correct guy...Pls don't report him, anyone could be tempted in such case.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by brixton: 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Quite unprofessional of the said staff...
You should be able to track your fixed savings online or just walk in to a different branch to check the status of your fixed income.

Modified: I think you should report the erring staff to avoid future mishaps from him. Repor
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Awoofawo(m): 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

I Went to make a fix deposit of about #500,000 last week at GTbank then I received a call the next day from the staff that helped me in opening the fixed deposit account that he will like to see me the next day which was on Saturday. He described his place of residence to me and I went to see him.
He told me that a friend of his that is about traveling abroad wants to sell his car that he needed about #160,000 to add to wot he has now and since I came to make a fix deposit he felt I won't be using the money now and I should pls borrow him and he would pay back in 2months time. Although I made it clear to him that I cnt do such a thing moreover u work in a bank and can easily take a loan which from there u would be paying bit by bit.
Pls my question now is does he have access to take my money without my permission??
Na for him to arrangee Armed Robbers to jam you remain......Youself be Oponu! someone asked you to com met am for dark corner you go! Thank God dem no arrange something to erase you comot oju aiye! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

10 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by dapyd1(m): 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
woodcook:

I don't think he values his job, if he dies he wouldn't have contact the op in the first place. These are the kind of staff that give armed robbers info on how to rob their victim. From contacting customer he will "graduate" to teaming up with armed robbers to rob customers.

Mmmh, I didn't even see it from that angle.

He was very unprofessional. Truly.

I was just trying to be sympathetic coz I know what joblessness can do to you in this recession.

GT will not take nonsense.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by pembisco(m): 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:
Not throwing shades or anything but I think broke people use GTB

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by greatwin100: 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
U went to see him,in his place of residence,.not even a neutral ground,u re damn lucky.what if he was a ritualist....be wise this man.anything concerning your bank should be done in any of the bank branch not personal house.ok

9 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by asha01: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

so long as u have the contract letter for the fixed deposit, you do not have any problem.
if he tries anything funny, the bank will pay your money upon presentation of the letter.
from past experience, in 1 of d dead banks... the guy was busy collecting cash from customers for fixed deposit and giving them letters and living large with the cash. when the bubble busted and the guy left the bank, the customers were coming with the letters to collected their monies that were never deposited in the bank, but without the contract letter, you are on your own if the guy did not fix the money.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by t33why: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
The title of this thread reminds me of some of the very common headlines we see online nowadays
"Robbers Raid Market in Commando Style"....click the link and what you see is an old man with a blunt cutlass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by AngelicBeing: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Keneking:
Dominique is viewing the topic shocked shocked
tongue
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Untainted007:
He has no access to your money in as much the documentation of the fixed deposit is properly done. And mind you, please don't report him like others have asked you to, what will be your gain if he lost his job? He made an attempt to you and since you have said No, there wont be any need taking it further.

A mind set like yours is the reason our country is the way it is. Just imagine not to report him, until the guy "graduates" into conniving with armed robbers to customers. Have you imagine that you or your friends or family members or someone you know may be the victim?

You may what to play the "be nice" card and let it go, so many of the things we have let go in this country is the reason we are suffering today. For instance over the years we have let go off our politicians and left everything in the hands of God to deal with them. My dear for over 50 years, He has not come around to deal with them, Obj, Bubu, IBB and co are still very much around, no repentance and are still perpetuating same crime. Stella Odua, Bankole and the Sarakis are still out there enjoying their loots and still looting, while the rest of us stand by the side and watch helplessly ( as a good Christian/Moslem)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by koladebrainiac(m): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

he can easily get fired for this men thats insane
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by akpamuomenka: 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
dapyd1:
No one has access to your money as long as you lodged it in through the correct means.

For those urging you to report him, I see it this way.

First, there is nothing bad if you want to, that is if you feel harassed.

While I'm not trying to emotionally blackmail you, please note that he may likely lose his job if you report.

What he did was professionally wrong.

But I urge you to see it as a guy to guy thing. He came to meet you to lend him money. You said No. You could leave it at that.

Well said.

Some people are behaving as if they never solicit for help from someone b4.
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Dee60: 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Rogue banker.....his actions are predicable...even if not reported he will soon disgrace himself. Shame
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by OgbeniSir(m): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

OP abeg where you see 500k from? Show me the way naa abeg. I no go even fix deposit am. Na to go buy bags of onions Sharp sharp for kebbi state come sell for Lagos
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by I888(m): 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

If you know what's good for u, ignore that nonsense. Most of these bank staff are stupid. That how a girl I served with working with Access Bank bugged my life for 160k, 150k and so on for several months. The most shocking this is that she always say I will give you back.. the more she said it the more I knew I might be having a risk if my money ever gets to her. Besides, I don't know her house should there be any unprecedented occurrences.

I also told her I have personal project and add to my health condition at that time. She never called me on phone to ask me how I was faring.

After so long from October last year till March that she kept asking for the money... I didn't respond. She ended her last message wishing me evil indirectly saying I might go broke tomorrow.

She was an MMM advocate and countered all my warnings on facebook. The moment it crashed that was when I became her next line of grace.

Bros, Nigerians HARDLY pay debts. Worse is they will pay installments. I don't borrow money o and I won't, especially once I hear "I will give you back"

What I think? DON'T GIVE him. Someone contented with his earnings will save up till he has the full money to buy something.

Besides, you don't know this dude or his track records on life experiences.

My take.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Nigeriadondie: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

Trust no body with money to avoid stories that touch.
The mouth with which some people ask u to loan them money is not the same mouth u see when u ask for ur money back.
I ve learnt never to borrow money except one I am prepared to loose if the person defaults

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by KHbaby(f): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

Officially, he may not have access to your money, but i advise you go back to the branch and talk to the manager, because what all these bank marketers/account officer do with their customers' fixed deposit money will surprise you.

My hubby's N2m in fixed deposit is still hanging in Zenith bank ikeja branch till today since early this year, because his account officer used the money (only God knows how they do it) without his knowledge, my hubby got to know when he terminated the fixed deposit agreement of 6months before its due date (of course, he was ready to forfeit the interest).

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by koko1abiola(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
Manson1:

no,he has no permission to it and how sure are you that he has opened the account for you,any alert on your fone or email and any notification of account opening whether tru text or email
Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by femisek(m): 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
He has full access, I know an individual that fell victim, the bank staff wanted to travel out he changed the phone number of the customer on the database and moved 500k to his account to purchase his flight ticket, the customer made a deposit thereafter,alert no enter, he proceeded to the bank and was informed he changed his number, after investigation it was revealed that account officer was behind it, and he Don move to Yankee. Bros forget make move sharp sharp or else they will play a dummy krane on you

8 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A GTB Staff by Koolking(m): 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
escohido1:
@manson 1: sorry for wat happened o.I once had an encounter of such nature with Gtbank and I routed my complaint through their complaints unit and it was resolved amicably.
please send a mail to complaints@gtbank.com.I assure u DAT the issue will be resolved.

There is no issue to resolve. The GTB staff does not have access to the customer's money.

The guy just wanted to see if the customer could help him on personal ground.

Op, should leave it at that.
If Op reports the staff, he would be sacked, it's unethical as bank staff.

There is no joy in depriving the guy of his food just because of his bold but harmless request.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Trader Kills Customer During Pricing / Tips On How To Start A Pop Corn Business / Rolls-royce Loses $5.7bn To Corruption In Nigeria And Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.