Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Advise For The Next Nigerian President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Advise For The Next Nigerian President (1048 Views)

Boko Haram Backs Buhari To Be Next Nigerian Oresident / Why Bola Tinubu Needs To Be The NEXT Nigerian President. He’s The FUTURE! / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advise For The Next Nigerian President by BigB11(m): 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2007
As we all know, it is very imperative for the next president not to follow the foot steps of the previous leaders. If our country will be back to the top, this next president will have to be on top of his game and be ready to play a major part. 

My advise for the next Nigerian president:

He should introduce “the new beginning, the new Nigeria ”

And his first move should be confidentially cracking a deal with all the former/ current leaders, all politicians and all top government officials.
The content of the deal should be:

Encouraging all government money looters to give up some of the looted funds.
Politically disabling all former leaders.
And Introduction of national forgiveness

It may sound ridiculous, but believe me, this is the only way we can move forward and be productive faster as a nation. The damage is done and it was done by many, may be too many; and we will be wasting time, energy and resources to find and prosecute all these folks.

Furthermore, we can never move forward if we continue to look back. This is the time, let’s make the changes and move forward together.
Believe me, it will be difficult, but it could be done.

He should also implement new strict corruption law that will hold any corrupt individual accountable under any circumstances.

[b]He should spend more or make citizens security the number one priority. A nation with no security for her citizens is like a bird with disabled wings. In most cases, a bird with disabled wings will suffer and eventually will die.

[b]He should introduce Quarterly Assessment Process: Together all Governors must meet with newly developed committee to present new development in their states, future development, evaluate budget dispersal process in each state and forecast the next major accomplishment.

Moreover, an authenticated Governor Award should been given out every year to the most effective/ efficient governor. And Federal Government should make a big deal out of this award; in-fact, this award should be part of the requirements to be a qualified candidate for presidential position.

He should re-introduce this policy: Under all circumstances, all government officials and their families must utilize Nigerian education (schools) and medical (hospital) resources. This will only strengthen our resources, by forcing the people that control these resources and their families to utilize them (believe me; these resources will be properly distributed once top government officials and their families start to use them).

He should also re-introduce privatization that is encircled with strict conditions or laws: This will only motivate or encourage investors from everywhere to contribute heavily and positively toward the restructuring of our nation.

I’m pretty sure there are many more, hence list yours or criticize/ support the ones that have already been listed.

You just never know who is reading.
Re: Advise For The Next Nigerian President by CrudeOil2(m): 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2007
Re: Advise For The Next Nigerian President by BigB11(m): 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2007
The issue with Nigerian Electricity distribution should be resolved, by using the same strategy that was implemented few years ago to develop our Telecommunication.
Telecommunication in Nigeria today continues to be more reliable year after year; most people can now reach their families in the village at any time. It is a great accomplishment.

This is one of the advantages of privatization in Nigeria.

A smart president will study and follow the same steps.

(1) (Reply)

My List To Waziri - The New Efcc Boss / I Was Told That The Mother Of A Former Governor Of Abia State Is An Occultist / Turai's Daughters Battle Over Vp Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.