Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (47587 Views)

Poll: Was the interview disrespectful or just serious?

disrespectful: 34% (17 votes)
just serious: 66% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

Who Is The Best Nigerian President Since Independence / #Where is CNN Isha Sesay As Ebola Ravages Her Home Country, Sierra Leone? / Who Is The Worst Nigerian President To Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Igwe12: 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2010
I used to like this girl in CNN and was proud of how far and high she has climbed in the Cooperate ladder as a black woman. However, after viewing her interview with President Jonathan, i have lost all respect for her. WHO does she think she is?? To address a sitting President this way, ?? Even her body language shows tremondous condescension and her tone almost rude. Will she have the fear to address President Obama this way or any other president this way for that matter Even if you do not agree with President Jonathan, he is still a sitting President and as such deserves respect ,,  and especially from an African Girl from seirra Leon whose mom should have thought better about respecting their Elders,  She should never be given access to any other top politician in Nigeria period.  If she talks to a Nigerian President this way, i just wonder the respect she has for all Nigerians like us,

The Interview from You tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYj9coCZpc8
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 25, 2010
Make she try interview OBJ make he teach her manners.

2 Likes

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Dsense(m): 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2010
She needs learning manners.

1 Like

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by monkeyleg: 8:29pm On Nov 25, 2010
Well, let not forget that the way interview are conducted in Nigeria are far different from the west. the journalist are taught to probe abd dig for answers and in some cases that might come off aggressive. I dont think Isha meant any harm.

GEJ was ok, but still very far off from an effective / established campaigner.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by redsun(m): 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2010
As if joe is a legitimate president.U guys forget easily,PDP came with epic rigging with hundreds of dead nigerians dead in d name of election.Was that an election?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by violent(m): 9:07pm On Nov 25, 2010
Jonathan really need to up his game. . he needs a coach on how to speak confidently!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by DisGuy: 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2010
hahaha this maga couldn't grant Nigerian Journalist interview yet he is posing on CNN - again!!

Good for him

cant remember the saying: omo ti o gbe ko ni le, a keko ni ta tongue
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by juman(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2010
It was normal interview.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by DisGuy: 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sLfCeKC-E

Up next for Goodluck inaudible Jonathan is HARDTALK

1 Like

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Seun(m): 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2010
This interview was nothing compared to HARDTALK. HARDTALK would tear Jonathan apart.

2 Likes

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by blacksta(m): 10:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
All the mumu shouting the poor girl disrespect Jonathan - should shut it - Please bear in mind that is not your typical suffer head Nigerian journalist with a motive of licking a ss but a well trained , top of the food chain journalist who was very firm.

2 Likes

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Mobinga: 10:39pm On Nov 25, 2010
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by jason12345: 10:46pm On Nov 25, 2010
i seriously don't get how she was rude undecided. she asked perfectly valid questions. it is this same type of questions we should be asking instead of protecting him so that he can be the president by force.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by monkeyleg: 10:52pm On Nov 25, 2010
oho, it is the same people who do not get why GEJ must be challeneged, and see a valid criticism as hate. Western leaders get even more hostle grilling. Welcome to the world of democracy and free speech

1 Like

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Igwe12: 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2010
This is not a question of asking the right questions because she did and i applaud her. But she could have shown more respect in her bod language. If this was hardtalk, it will be a different thing because that is how that show is meant to be. But this is just Sesay, a junior journalist, not even Wolf Blitzer or Bill oreilly in this context. Yes, Jonathan needs to step up his game big time especially if he is going to be representing 150milion nigerians in the world stage, but that does not give that girl the odacity to sound and display an aura of dismissal and condescension to a sitting President. I don't like Obj, but this girl will not have the balls to address him or Wole soyinka this way.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Musiwa13: 11:29pm On Nov 25, 2010
She only got piss off because Jonathan was not answering the question.  Jonathan could not explain himself very well. It may have to do with english .  I notice he lack  communication skill.

She may understand Jonathan because her parent are african, but white people may not understand what jonathan really mean by what he said. 

The thing is nigerian sometime dont know some of the things they say is pingin. I am not blaming Jonathan, but he need to watch what he is saying. May be that is what piss off the young lady.

The solution: You see Jonathan has to wait like 1 or 2 minute and think about the answer before he answer people. to have time to think about the answer.  That is the solution. And since he has a communication probem.   Or he trys a "yes" or "No" answer is better. That way , nobody knows he has communication problem .

Let me help him out on the issue of zoning.  The zonning issue is a decision of a cabal  in nigeria, who have held on to power for nearly 40 years. It is not a decision taken by the people of nigeria.

Even while I may say so. I have to make a note that it would affect nigeria, and violence would break out, because there is no way he would remain in power till 2019. The constitution allows Jonathan to stay in power till 2019. Which would mean the north would have not been in power since 1999 to 2019 but for just 2 years.

Another issue she fail to ask Jonathan is the satellite pictures.  Why she fail to ask sure a question.

technically , knowing nigeria, in a free and fair election non of the people running for election can win. I doubt if any of them can pick up to 30%  of the vote. 

I score her 80%
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Nov 25, 2010
That looked that one pissed off lady -- unwilling to accept nonsense for her many straightforward answers to the man. ROFLMAO!!
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Ibime(m): 12:41am On Nov 26, 2010
The OP is suffering from colo mentality, but the colonialism in question is internal colonialism.

You should see the likes of Jeremy Paxman and Steven Sackur interviewing the likes of Tony Blair, then you will know what a real interview is.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by martinosi: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2010
Ibime:

The OP is suffering from colo mentality, but the colonialism in question is internal colonialism.

You should see the likes of Jeremy Paxman and Steven Sackur interviewing the likes of Tony Blair, then you will know what a real interview is.

I dont think so mate, sorry to have to burst your bubble

I have a Friend, that works at the BBC and he gives me to low down about that place and the news media industry since he is in the I.T Department, and he let me know that CNN,BBC flow with one another
behind the scenes

The higher up you go in the media ladder in the UK/USA the more
you are controlled and scripted on what you can and cannot say
and do also known as self-censorship.

Isha Sesay is just a "Highly visible" Patsy/Minion Period

What do you expect, she is a Cambridge Graduate, typical "
under-cover snob" and Jealous of Nigerians!

As for climbing the corporate ladder, thats just bullsh**t as she
had to lick some "Institutional Male  A.s.s" to get where she is today

You dont get where she is without  having to sale your soul

And for all those who think these Journalist are smart and Intelligent
that just a load of Bull.

The questions they ask is scripted for them by their "handlers" and
Isha Sesay is no exception.

1 Like

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by texazzpete(m): 9:55am On Nov 26, 2010
martinosi:

I dont think so mate, sorry to have to burst your bubble

I have a Friend, that works at the BBC and he gives me to low down about that place and the news media industry since he is in the I.T Department, and he let me know that CNN,BBC flow with one another
behind the scenes

Isha Sesay is just a "Highly visible" Patsy/Minion Period

As for climbing the corporate ladder, thats just bullsh**t as she
had to lick some "Institutional Male  A.s.s" to get where she is today

You dont get where she is without  having to sale your soul

And for all those who think these Journalist are smart and Intelligent
that just a load of Bull.

The questions they ask is scripted for them by their "handlers" and
Isha Sesay is no exception.

And we should believe all these because your friend works in the I.T department at BBC? GTFO.

Come back when your friend actually has any presence in the media department.

it matters not if the questions are scripted; we care about the answers. Were Jonathan's answers scripted too?

It's a silly chauvinistic attitude to assume every woman on top slept her way to get there.

5 Likes

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by vanesa(m): 10:17am On Nov 26, 2010
And he couldn't answer a simple question on what he stood for

1 Like

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by mrblack: 11:04am On Nov 26, 2010
Shame to the poster,
if you watch the video properly you will see that all the questions shes been asking him he never answer them but make silly example with other countries,saying nigeria has 150 million people and the recources is not enough,
also she ask him about curruption and he was saying not nigeria alone has it but other western countries.until when nigerians will wake up from dreaming and destroy the pdp party,and form a new one that can lead us well by electing our choice leader,
anything that comes from pdp is evil,so how can evil give birth to a saint,you solve the math dude.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by monkeyleg: 11:09am On Nov 26, 2010
And he couldn't answer a simple question on what he stood for

That is were Oga failed woefully. Also he should have been truthful about the challeneges that face the ruling party in terms of North South Divide. Practically telling people that doesnt exist, only for Atiku to be crowned The Northen candidate, smacks of one who doesnt understand how to answer questions.

I will score him 4/10
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2010
Seems sowore's if it was bbc outburst was misplaced

how come no one was bothered about sowore's 'disrespect' of fasola?

meanwhile - over to gej's chief nut eater - so - did gej also sweep this one off her feet cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by DisGuy: 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2010

yea yea every other black person that's on top of the game is jealous of Nigerians i mean so much to be jealous about isnt it?

absolute rubbish, it's the other way round the higher up you go the less restricted you become- you dont need to be the in I.T department to know this!

1 Like

Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2010
imho, the lady aint rude at all, it is our president that is weak!oh!obasanjo, can she try that shit with baba?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by Musiwa13: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2010
Here is where the issue is. If you look at the situation in nigeria. Jonathan goodluck under the constitution may remain in power till 2019.

There is no way the north would get back power. The United nation just told you Kano population is  4 million . It is better for the north to wake up. And see that it has problem.

Now the north was in power for 40 years and they should not expect the south to just give them power that easy. The issue is 90% of southerners do not believe if power goes back to the north, that they north would give back power. So that is where we have problem.

And if the united nation is telling the north, kano population is 4 million. The north should look at its case very well. And look at its alternative. Like they have said. They have three choice.

1 remove the edo,delta yoruba , even bayelsa if possible into benin  republic to join fellow Yorubas over there.
2 Remove the 5 igbo south east states and cross to cameroon
3 To go to the united nation and ask for a seat for the north.

Look at it this way, the united nation has 2 option too.

1 Either the united nation want to declear bankruptcy, if nigeria goes into civil war which would affect the other part of africa.

2. Give nigeria an extra seat at the united nation for the north.

You can see the way the PDP is lossing governorship seat in yorubaland.  The reason is because they know what would happen if an election takes place, so they are trying to avoid been part of the voilent comes in 2011.  because they know I am telling you the truth. violent would come up in Nigeria. It is an issue of history and africa is not like the united state or europe.

People see thier ethnics group as thier country.  And that is the way they vote in election.
Africa is not like the united state. And the whole world needs to listen to our cry.
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by martinosi: 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2010
Dis Guy:

yea yea every other black person that's on top of the game is jealous of Nigerians i mean so much to be jealous about isnt it?

U NEED TO REALLY WAKE UP AS I WAS TO Isha SesayAND I CAN POST THE
THE REASON WHY

absolute rubbish, it's the other way round the higher up you go the less restricted you become- you dont need to be the in I.T department to know this!

U R LIVING IN A FOOLS PARADISE, THE HIGHER YOU GO THE MORE RESTRICTED IT BECOME PERIOD, I AM TALKING ABOUT "THE WEST" NOW,
THIS MAY NOT APPLY TO THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES LIKE NIGERIA.

ROFLAMO !!!! Why dont you people research (we now have google) before you jump on your keyboard to post.

THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA INDUSTRY IN "THE  WEST" ie UK/USA etc is controlled TOP -  DOWN PERIOD!!!

GO AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE U POST., And if you still come up short i post you the evidence!!!

Why do people not ask people that post questions on way they "post a certain why" before trying to counter argue,
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by martinosi: 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2010
texazzpete:

And we should believe all these because your friend works in the I.T department at BBC? GTFO.

Come back when your friend actually has any presence in the media department.

it matters not if the questions are scripted; we care about the answers. Were Jonathan's answers scripted too?

It's a silly chauvinistic attitude to assume every woman on top slept her way to get there.

Bro you need to ask me why i said what i said and ask me to provide proof.

And yes Newscasters like Isha Sesay are just Consenting Pawns,
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by DisGuy: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2010
for the sake of it martin, post evidence cos to be honest i don't see any politically destabilising questions in this interview
heck the west can do whatever to these African pot bellies without going through the media
everything is out there for their media researchers to latch anyway

So people like Jeremy Paxman, suckur and Jon snow get scripted questions from the 'top' undecided

behind the scenes

this is meant to be a revelation of some sort?
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by evilspirit: 3:51pm On Nov 26, 2010
she is s fool.she is small in media industry compared to a siting presido.fine Jonathan needs to up his game so he can be in charge but she was rude.take a good look at her gestures her hands fingers and facial expressions.besides she acted as if she was reading a script and with ulterior motives.no element of respect
Re: CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President by DisGuy: 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2010
evilspirit:

she is s fool.she is small in media industry compared to a siting presido.fine Jonathan needs to up his game so he can be in charge but she was rude.take a good look at her gestures her hands fingers and facial expressions.besides she acted as if she was reading a script and with ulterior motives.no element of respect

if he wants respect, he should grant the civil servant at the NTA an interview so they can call him Oga and chat away like mumu seeing as his name is Goodluck and he's been luck thus far

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Condemn Buhari’s Appointment Of #bringbackourgirls Founder / Tinubu Slumps, Rushed To Hospital After Appointment Into Buhari’s APC - FFK / Fayose Wears White Shorts To Receive Leaders Of Traders At Fayose Market (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.