Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight (17356 Views)

P'square Cancels Upcoming America Tour Over Reports Of New Rift / Zzini Media Powers Floyd Mayweather Africa Tour As He Storms Nigeria / Davido Drops Osun From His Planned Tour Over Uncle Isiaka Adeleke's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by seunny4lif(m): 12:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
angry
No
The rules of the match will be boxing cos the guy has been calling weather names
Tell to show him that May is the boss
TroubleMaker47:
May weather just want to spoil his undefeated record
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by haydeey(m): 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
Pls will they show the match on NTAi because I need to watch the match..

Anyways....

#haydeeywashere
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
haydeey:
Pls will they show the match on NTAi because I need to watch the match..

Anyways....

#haydeeywashere

Mitv and NTA ibadan go show am sef. Clown
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Badonasty(m): 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
[quote author=ObiOmaMu post=57474422]Floyd Mayweather has rescheduled his proposed visit to Nigeria and Ghana to prepare for his 50th battle with UFC champ, Conor McGregor. The undefeated record world champion, Floyd was forced to abort the much anticipated Africa tour to go head to head in the ring with the Ireland born boxer who challenged him for bout.

The key detail in the long-rumored Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight apparently has fallen into place.

The Nigerian tour which has attracted high profile brands and partners was suspended temporarily according to exclusive report from Zzini Media, the organizers of Floyd Mayweather Visit.

It was confirmed to the media that the tour had would now take place on a later date to enable the money team boss to get back to shape after 2015 retirement from the ring that gave him fame.‎

Mayweather's trip to Africa was planned to be part of the boxing champion's social responsibility to people of African decent by way of health initiative tagged: "Boxing Meningitis away from Africa".‎ Floyd "Money" Mayweather and the Money Team had been scheduled to touch down in Nigeria on June 12th-14th and storm Ghana 15th - 16th.

Indeed, one of the reasons for this sudden change of date, could be associated with the much anticipated bout between Floyd Mayweather and mixed martial arts UFC champion, Conor McGregor. It was revealed Mayweather has also booked the MGM Grand in Las Vegas - the venue for his last twelve fights - for August 26th this year.

The UFC champion proudly tweeted to his fans that "something big" is coming on his Twitter page, further fueling suspicions that a fight with Mayweather could be the reason for the sudden postponement of the highly media circulated visit to Nigeria and Ghana. ‎

The importance of the fight to Mayweather if won will give him a historical 50- 0 knockout. Though a new date for Mayweather's visit is yet to be set, but his fans could take solace in the fact that after the potential McGregor vs Mayweather fight, the boxing world champ may still make his trip to Africa.

Though, the Chairman of Zzini Media Prince Donatus Okonkwo has expressed sadness over the unprecedented premature withdrawal from the June Africa Tour. According to him, he regrets the inconveniences this has caused partners and fans who anticipated Floyd's much celebrated visit.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/06/exclusive-floyd-mayweather-postpones-africa-tour-must-win-50th-fight-ufc-champ-conor-mcgregor-photos.html
[/quote
Conor go finish mayweather
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by SleekyP(m): 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
Luvdk:
Ds Irishman is in trouble
Anyway he's going for the money smiley
I must go watch d fight
lemme put you on the plane..holla!! wink
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by haydeey(m): 12:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
fuckerstard:

Mitv and NTA ibadan go show am sef. Clown
bros abi na, or shey we should go and watch the live match together?

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by mjbaba: 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
This guy fit beat Mayweather o. Na so Brock Lesnar carry gragra enter UFC think say na WWE. Dem nack am akpako he run
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by decatalyst(m): 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2017
BestOnlineDeals:

Boxing: Fists

Kick boxing: Fists, elbows, knees, legs

undecided

And they will allow him use "elbows, knees and legs" in a boxing ring?

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by charlesucheh(m): 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
Him been dey come give us money? Mtcheeeeewwww! Abegi!!! Pass ahead!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by BestOnlineDeals(m): 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
decatalyst:

And they will allow him use "elbows, knees and legs" in a boxing ring?

Is the guy a boxer or a kickboxer? undecided
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by malcolmjmoney(m): 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2017
decatalyst:

My brother when Mayweather hit him hard, he will know kick boxing is different to boxing.
it's not kick boxing but UFC ultimate fighting champion
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Emaprince: 1:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
This guy will easily win mayweather through grappling. He doesn't have to box cos the money man will floor him.. but as far as he's allowed to use every skills he learnt from kick boxing, mayweather is goner!!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Emaprince: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
mjbaba:
This guy fit beat Mayweather o. Na so Brock Lesnar carry gragra enter UFC think say na WWE. Dem nack am akpako he run
LMAO. There was a heavy weight(i think) boxer that tried it too. He conceded defeat in 2mins after dem knack am for ground through grappling and he was almost strangled to death Untill he hit the ground.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Boyooosa(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
BestOnlineDeals:

undecided
boxing has more focus on one skill compared to KB where u need to use many skills; unfortunate for mcgregor, he will not be able to use other parts of his body apart from the fist cry

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Bullhari007(m): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
this irelander looks tougher than that picnic mosquito of a guy sorry I mean Manny pacquiao he fought last... abeg what of Anthony Joshua are they avoiding themselves like plague
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by afamaustin(m): 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
May go win
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
haydeey:

bros abi na, or shey we should go and watch the live match together?

grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by toye440: 2:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
fight Aj not McGregor. may weather wey go just dey run about, no fliar.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Baroba(m): 3:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
Americas and circus, how can Mayweather who has no martial art training fight McGregor? All for the almighty dollar..
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by ogashman(m): 3:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
may weather will turn this Irish to Irish potato grin
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Omojudy: 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
I thought it was foolishness of him coming to Nigeria for charity match with speaker for that matter not even an atlect
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Qyubee(m): 4:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
This is a mis match! And we all knw d outcome! Floyd a natural boxer vs mcgregor whom has been kicking n grappling all his life.
Floyd shd just stay retired..if he's serious abt a comeback y not gv pac a rematch. Amir khan has been calling him out for yrs, there's keith thurman who holds wbc and wba belts, he shd make those fights. Floyd will do badly with ppv sales on this one!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
stewatt:
Hmmmm.. We are waiting
Lol.. Ftc... I nearby dedicate this to all OOU students on nairaland.. Movement

!!

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by NaijaOrNothing: 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
ItzWonderz:
Na person wey don chop dey fyte na
Am hungry ooooooo

Sumbori epp me wit #200 so i can find sumtin to eat embarassed embarassed embarassed

Anybody,,sumbody,,just #200

Sorry Fam I would like to help but It's not possible
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by alhajisindodo(m): 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
all of you shouting mayweather haven't seen McGregor fight, Nigga issa beast !!! this one won't be easy for may o, not one bit
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by ItzWonderz(m): 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2017
NaijaOrNothing:

Sorry Fam I would like to help but It's not possible

Just lost mah job today man
Bro,,no help is small,,,even if its to link me wit anoda job,,i no mind abeg
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by BestOnlineDeals(m): 8:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
Boyooosa:

boxing has more focus on one skill compared to KB where u need to use many skills; unfortunate for mcgregor, he will not be able to use other parts of his body apart from the fist cry

I was hoping they would make it more interesting though. Pitching McGregor against Mayweather in a strictly boxing match is similar to pitching Mayweather against McGregor in a kickboxing match. Understand?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Opoki(m): 11:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
BestOnlineDeals:

undecided
This is a plain boxing. Mac will find it hard to win, he might be disqualified!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by omobs(m): 11:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
ItzWonderz:

Just lost mah job today man
Bro,,no help is small,,,even if its to link me wit anoda job,,i no mind abeg

bross,remove dis letter,make u know spoil ur future plans .
Re: Floyd Mayweather Postpones Africa Tour Over Must-Win 50th Fight by Opoki(m): 11:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
Qyubee:
This is a mis match! And we all knw d outcome! Floyd a natural boxer vs mcgregor whom has been kicking n grappling all his life.
Floyd shd just stay retired..if he's serious abt a comeback y not gv pac a rematch. Amir khan has been calling him out for yrs, there's keith thurman who holds wbc and wba belts, he shd make those fights. Floyd will do badly with ppv sales on this one!
McGregor is cross carpeting to boxing. He wont use anything other than his fist.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kemi Adetiba Rants On Twitter About Women Telling Her To Go Get Married / Banky W And RMD On "Wedding Party" Set / Osas Ighodaro Dazzling In Enthralling Outfits To The Film Gala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.