Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,522 members, 7,812,629 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List (14282 Views)

NSE Revokes Licences Of 39 Stockbroking Firms (SEE LIST) / A More Better Opportunity,grab It!!, Kucoin Crypto Exchange To Dominate Binance / MMM Nigeria To Delete Inactive Accounts Permanently After 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by middlebelter(m): 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2017
Evergreen4:
Pls pardon my ignorance. What are the benefits when a firm is listed on a stock excange ?

They are the dealing members. (Companies that trades for people who want to buy and sell shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange) They are different from listed companies.
Stock Exchange is saying it won't allow them to buy nor sell shares for people again by withdrawi g their license.

Your ignorance is pardoned. Thank you for asking.

1 Like

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Evergreen4(m): 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
Thanks bro
middlebelter:

They are the dealing members. (Companies that trades for people who want to buy and sell shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange) They are different from listed companies.
Stock Exchange is saying it won't allow them to buy nor sell shares for people again by withdrawi g their license.

Your ignorance is pardoned. Thank you for asking.

1 Like

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by 5chrisade: 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
MMM takes over. Many people prefer to get 30% of their pay every 30days in MMM than buying non performing shares in a country experiencing recession.
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by vannessa7(f): 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
does anyone have an idea of the amount needed to open a stock account now and at which broker, I used to have an account but I sold everything and closed it during the stock market down turn. please let me know.
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by nomoless: 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
Evergreen4:
Pls pardon my ignorance. What are the benefits when a firm is listed on a stock excange ?
To my understanding those are stock brokering firms, that is firms that help to buy and sell shares on the stock
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by mbonuifeanyi: 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
If u bought some shares with them when they were active, it is still intact with CSCS. Just get another stockbroking to transfer your stock to active house. And then, you can sell if u feel like
nnewa:
Imagine I had tried communicating with one of d firms listed above AIMS without any success with the hope if getting info on my investments with the company. Its been years & I wouldn't know how t get redress. I know there's been a downward trend in shares & the likes but they owe their clients explanation. Once I had wanted t draw in my meager investment & I was advised to roll over.
My wish is t recover my investment no matter how little or present market value.
Need some clue NLers

1 Like

Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by mbonuifeanyi: 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
If u want to open I can help u. I am a certified dealing clerk (stockbroker
)
vannessa7:
does anyone have an idea of the amount needed to open a stock account now and at which broker, I used to have an account but I sold everything and closed it during the stock market down turn. please let me know.
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by mbonuifeanyi: 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
5chrisade:
MMM takes over. Many people prefer to get 30% of their pay every 30days in MMM than buying non performing shares in a country experiencing recession.
You are wrong. People still make millions from shares.
Re: Stock Exchange To Expel 56 Inactive Firms. See Full List by Mj45: 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
They forgot to include cashcraft in that list. All their offices are closed except the one in Lagos, for now. They have for years now refused to answer their clients, even to let them know the state of their affairs with them and how to transfer to vibrant companies. Guess that's part of their selfish fear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Forex Signal/BINARy/VIX AWESOME SIGNALS / My Prop Firm Strategy Testing Ground. / Cashing Out On An Insurance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.