Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Bafana Bafana Coach Says Super Eagles Frontline Lacked Quality - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bafana Bafana Coach Says Super Eagles Frontline Lacked Quality (600 Views)

Bafana Bafana Players Released From Camp As Xenophobia Rattles Team / Alex Iwobi Dances Gbe Body After Super Eagles Win Against Bafana Bafana / Argentina Defender, Mascherano Says Super Eagles Are ‘disorganized’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bafana Bafana Coach Says Super Eagles Frontline Lacked Quality by robosky02(m): 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
Coach of the Bafana Bafana of South Africa Stuart Baxter has revealed that the frontline of the Super Eagles lacked quality after their 2-0 win over Nigeria.

South Africa on Saturday, June 10 beat Nigeria at their own backyard 2-0 in a 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) title.

Super Eagles boss Gernot Rohr started with a front three Moses Simon, Kelechi Iheanacho and Alex Iwobi who were substituted for Ahmed Musa, Victor Osimhen and Kayode Olarenwaju Kayode.

Throughout the game, the Nigerian frontline lacked the cutting edge to trouble the South Africa and Bafana Bafana boss Baxter said Nigerian attack wasn’t the best.

“We are still relishing that result and it is good that we win. I am so happy because I just joined the team back and it is good we start well for the AFCON qualifiers,” the Bafana Bafana boss told the media after the game.

“I will still say kudos to the Nigerians because they stretched us and made some dangerous movements. But if I may sound very respectful and modest, their attack was not the very best they could have presented.

“They were without quality frontline, otherwise, they could have scored in the early exchanges but like I said earlier, it is good that my players responded very well in the match.”

South Africa will next play Lybia in the next Matchday of the qualifiers while Nigeria travel to Group E leaders Seychelles

http://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/super-eagles-frontline-lacked-quality-id6822792.html

Re: Bafana Bafana Coach Says Super Eagles Frontline Lacked Quality by Mcreloaded(m): 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
That's how the super eagles roll
Re: Bafana Bafana Coach Says Super Eagles Frontline Lacked Quality by robosky02(m): 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Mcreloaded:
That's how the super eagles roll

do you think his statement was right?
Re: Bafana Bafana Coach Says Super Eagles Frontline Lacked Quality by Mcreloaded(m): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
robosky02:

do you think his statement was right?

When much is expected they tend to disappoint and have broken my heart for too long. I suspect the coach is not having a free hand my observation though

(1) (Reply)

Kane Strikes As Spurs Beat PSG / Diego Maradona Accuses His Family Of Stealing, Calls For Arrest Of His Daughter / Why Always Argentina And Nigeria In World Cup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.