Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month (12314 Views)

MTN Loses 2m Subscribers In 3 Months / Telcos Lose 14.3 Million Subscribers In 10 Months / Telcos Lose 4 Million Subscribers In One Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by iluvpomo(m): 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Recession caused
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by benjamin007: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
b
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by wokemzine: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Look what i found in one of my old drawers.

When SIM was sold for N18,500.

Telcos had their good days.

Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by martooski(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
uzoclinton:
Glo lost the most
IT SHOULD BE MTN... THEY LOST 2.2M
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Jiang:
You increase price without better services, so why should people subscribe.
Anyways i miss the days of free browsing, days way we can download 40GB in just one night, may God punish whoever gave the idea of cheat blocking, i hope & pray he is included in the sacked workers

Lol....at the bolded.

If you were running a business selling say perfumes, you won't like it if people came into your shop and took your perfumes for free. That is what those cheat guys were doing....and they are part of the reason why workers in telcos get sacked.

Also, the cost of using a GSM phone in Nigeria is high due to factors such as lack of power (all those long antennae have to be powered by fuel generators ....and it costs money)...and lack of adequate infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by SalamRushdie: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nothing can grow under a Buhari leadership , absolutely nothing

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by pokipoki: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
When people are starving, how can they afford to pay telephone bills. Later some "mumu" reps would want to summon telco's to find out why they are sacking. What a shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by ekensi01: 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
uzoclinton:
Glo lost the most
Haters spotted.
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by Justdare: 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
bkool7:
Subscrbing is the last thing on my mind
I usually help my landlady to load her data subsription . She is using Glo and ever since I noticed she doesn't even use half her data before it expires , I have made her to share with me. Now her data finishes before expiry date
I'm happy but I can't tell if she is.
Cos she doesn't even know the duration

cheesy grin
Shaaarpp guy, but you be thief shaa.
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
9jakohai:

Lol....at the bolded.

If you were running a business selling say perfumes, you won't like it if people came into your shop and took your perfumes for free. That is what those cheat guys were doing....and they are part of the reason why workers in telcos get sacked.

Also, the cost of using a GSM phone in Nigeria is high due to factors such as lack of power (all those long antennae have to be powered by fuel generators ....and it costs money)...and lack of adequate infrastructure.

But for my area light dey since last night woh, e no even blink up to dis very hour. so we deserve some free browsing better yet a #200 for 3 hours unlimited data. even if na midnight i will take am
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by wirelessmaster: 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
Core telecom professional hardly have time for medium where sycophants make noise or post non issue. National assembly leadership presently is from the type witnessed under the last oil subsidy bazaar and boko haram arms deal. Unfortunately, the party has ended they are looking for ways to create alternative avenues. They are being helped by the sickness of the president.

Telecom has become a cash cow that must be milked at every opportunity. The problem between NCC and MTN the last time when MTN was fined billions of Naira for violating stipulated requirement attracted the attention of the house of reps when they heard that there was a mediation and the penalty relaxed. What attracted them is the money. They thought there must be a deal if MTN is not made to pay the initial fine. This should not happen without them being part of the deal. Ordinarily, I know, under the leadership of both Engr Ndukwe and Engr Eugene Juwah both from the telecom Industry, they both participated in the struggle for the deregulation of the telecom sector in Nigeria, that problem would not have gotten to that level. That battle for the deregulation was very tough and fierce. At the heat of this battle, I was a student of Communication Engineering in the university. No internet in Nigeria. Nitel controls everything. As at early 1999, out of frustration while working as an IT/Telecom analyst for a multinational, we got a multilink fixed line for =N=135,000 and Intercellular for a little bit less but above =N=100,000. The nitel mobile line was hundreds of thousand for my MD. We got Inmarsat portable terminal for our offices in VI, PHC and Tema (Ghana) we paid in dollars. As at this time, we now have dial-up internet system which was very frustrating. I was always at Nitel offices as there was hardly a week one of our lines will not be down.

While in the university, I have Prof as one of my lecturers, associate profs, etc. They are all communication engineering professionals. The lecture halls and those people in the field are operating under different situations, I think in my opinion, the operation of prof danbatta and the industry people will certainly be different. When Olusola Teniola, the ATCON president was discussing the issue of taxation with the senate some time ago, I was wondering if the telecom adviser to the Senate President is an industry person, a politician, an enthusiast, or a classroom person.

The only thing they see or think is the average no of calls terminated per second on the network. They forgot the liability and the burden of running the network.
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by ddjay: 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
Islie:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2017/06/telcos-lose-5-2m-subscribers-one-month/

glo messed up with d new twist in d 1k 3.2gb data dat dey slashed wit sense.mine finished b4 resubscription now i av just 1.6gb, besides it burns out fast.if i were dem,revert back if not fem neva see customer loss bdat
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
Jiang:
Anyways i miss the days of free browsing, days way we can download 40GB in just one night, may God punish whoever gave the idea of cheat blocking, i hope & pray he is included in the sacked workers
Prayer failed please try again. Hahaaaaaa
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 13, 2017
The reason is because of recession. Glo should get ready for more looses because of the increment in data. You increased the price yet your quality remains poor in most locations

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by EvilMetahuman: 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
Lai mohammed will be happy with the news.

That's what they kuku want to achieve by fixing data price.

Useless government.

1 Like

Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by EvilMetahuman: 4:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Nothing can grow under a Buhari leadership , absolutely nothing
I tell u

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by seguno2: 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
Buhari is a curse to our country.
The presidency cabal and APC should keep their vegetable away from Aso Rock please.
He can stay in London forever.
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by bejeria101(m): 4:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
What do u expect with their high handedness and i dnt care attitude. Empty hen *mtn* count down would get rid of your sim
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by IdeyFindWife: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
bkool7:
Subscrbing is the last thing on my mind
I usually help my landlady to load her data subsription . She is using Glo and ever since I noticed she doesn't even use half her data before it expires , I have made her to share with me. Now her data finishes before expiry date
I'm happy but I can't tell if she is.
Cos she doesn't even know the duration

Chai, see "grandMotherFurka" grin!

Whistleblower go soon trap your password!
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by Horlufemi(m): 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
NothingDoMe:
What about the sudden hike in data prices by globacomm plus poor services?

It's still the same
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by yungcheda(m): 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
Buhari is killing Nigeria shaa
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
Very sure glo makes up most of that 5 million
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by NothingDoMe: 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
Horlufemi:

It's still the same
No. Have you checked the burn rate. The Bonus data burn rate is off the chart.
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by kolaaderin: 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
uzoclinton:
Glo lost the most

Read again, MTN lost 2.2 m, GLO lost 58k , Airtel lost over 300 k And Etisalat lost over 500k.
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by olasworld(m): 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
It feels good to see my report on ipNX being published
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by JazzMode: 10:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
eezeribe:
And all that the National Assembly could do was to summon them to ask why they were sacking workers...
As if the Telecom industries don't have their own problems.

Have you forgotten how dumb and clueless our legislators can be?
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by emmaitive(m): 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
nah apc change cause am
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by ahmedbanj(m): 3:37am On Jun 14, 2017
Jiang:

Amen jare bro,haaa gone are dose days wey cheats & confirm tweaks dey!
Re: Telcos Lose 5.2m Subscribers In One Month by Horlufemi(m): 1:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
NothingDoMe:
No. Have you checked the burn rate. The Bonus data burn rate is off the chart.

Now that you said it.

I'm having a funny feeling too.

I'll check it out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etisalat Free Data With Tecno P3 / Hw 2 Unlock Memory Card Security Code / NSA, Pantami Differ On 5G Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.