Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,691 members, 7,865,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:11 AM

IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha (28693 Views)

Beware Of Another Civil War – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Warns Nigerians / Why We Cannot Stop Igbos, Others From Settling In Lagos – Tinubu / Biafra: IPOB May Stop Igbos From Producing Nigeria’s President – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by simplycarro: 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
MrSly:

I wonder the mess you are talking about and who is actually in the mess. Until the time is right, no one will know his place.

The mess is simple, you have been shouting you want to leave since 2015 GEJ lost the election, now you are no longer sure. Isn't that a mess?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by UwaBuPawPaw: 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
I don clean my Ak sha
Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by kaymandak(m): 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
IPOB agitation right now

1 Like

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by zeongeon: 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
I am sick and tired of the black man and his mindset... Is it a curse to be black.. Some set of people are tired of a country and want to go there way and instead of trying to dialogue or give them a referendum we keep having people saying war, war, war... Is it by force to be together, why hold a country using WAR as a threat or a reminder why certain people should remain in the country.

Look at the white man with white mindset they are giving referendums and trying to talk things over and no one is threatening the other with war and dead.

Why does the black man derive joy in killing his brothers and sisters? why does the black man like violence and force? why does the black man bask in tyranny and oppression?

The painters didn't make a mistake painting the devil black.. Each time I sit in my church listening to choir sing and my eyes comes across the painting of the white Arch Angel Micheal stomping the black Devil, I see beyond the painting I see that black devil as the mind and attitude of the black man especially our leaders, I see the reward of tyrants and oppressors and I see good and justice prevailing against evil.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by axglide(m): 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
wtfcoded:
Must we fight to achieve our biafra?
What happened to our peaceful protest?
This non Biafrans are making it look like we're bringing war to 'em...is it jealousy on being on our own?,is it cowardness?,is it stupidity?, or is it prematureness of the non Biafrans?
We igbos don't wanna shed anybody's blood,but if they wanna go to war, then lets take 'em to the war angry

Easier said than done. Go to war and endanger the innocent Women and Children, plus starvation.

I have said it and will keep saying it, IPOB should have started on the path of dialogue and not hate speech like kanu broadcasted via Radio Biafra.

He started with too much hate speech and now want a peaceful referendum? If I hear!

Statements like the Zoo will fall, are you kidding me? Even external nations as aggressors don't use such speech talkless of groups within a sovereign nation.

Another group on the path of dialogue might achieve their cause, but i doubt if this set of IPOB might achieve it.

Kanu can just reap the fruit of his labour with maybe a Governorship post for he can easily get that now and then remain a South East power broker.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by tutudesz: 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2017
LionDeLeo:

They are mostly illiterates who can't read history books.

Even the lettered among them are the fraudsters.
Ojukwu who started Biafra later accepted Nigeria at the end! So who are Ipob to speak?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Austinoiz(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
Otele...Rochas wey resemble Azu amu aboki follow for yarn too?

1 Like

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Glorymax: 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
My simple reply to the above statement is IGNORED
Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by GavelSlam: 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
Lajet:
Okorocha marriage is not by force. You better advice your Northern brothers and sisters we are not afraid of them.call them to order

Not Afonja again?
grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Baroba(m): 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2017
mayowagabriel:
people agitating for Biafra don't know what war looks like

God bless Nigeria

Most of them are kids born in the 90s, war ain't no PlayStation.. Ndigbo I know will not fight another war anyway so am not even worried.. We need to fix this mistrust among ethnic groups.. May God bless Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by davibid: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
There is a pact which unequivocally states that "when a group/tribe has agitated for independence for over a period of 30 years they should be allowed to go (i.e. given their independence)"

Going by that treaty, I think IPOB should be allowed to go (i.e. given their independence) without any form of blood shed.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Duru1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
maupe:

Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha has advised Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) to desist from agitating for secession, saying the Igbos were not ready for another civil war.

Okorocha gave the advice at a news briefing at the Government House in Owerri on Tuesday.

He also urged the Movement for Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and other Nigerians in diaspora,drumming support for the actualisation of Biafra, to stop.

Okorocha called on Igbo youths to calm down and redirect their agitation toward the actualisation of economic advancement of Igbos rather than asking for a new sovereign nation.

On the recent sit-at-home ordered by IPOB and MASSOB, he said the exercise succeeded because the people, especially traders wanted to avoid trouble.

He described the statement by the Arewa youths directing Igbos to leave the North as “nonsensical and inciting’’.

The governor said that Igbos were peaceful people, who had come a long way in contributing to the economic development of the country, adding that no other ethnic group had contributed as much.

He called for reorientation of youths to repair the broken political relations between the North and the East and end the existing hatred and division between them.“We have failed as leaders hence the campaign of hate for one another; we need to take responsibility and end it.“We need to rise and take steps to end it and get rid of the inherent hatred and division we inherited from the colonial masters,” he said.

Okorocha also said that agitation over the leadership of the country by the different geo-political zones in the country was an ill-wind which had not done something good to the country.

He, therefore, called on all Nigerians to guard against hatred and unite to fix broken relationships.

http://sunnewsonline.com/igbos-not-ready-for-another-civil-war-okorocha/

Can someone with a bit cell brain tell this dumbass Okoroawusa that the quest for self- determination is not an invitation of war? Only dumbass jackasses such as Gowon and Nigeria that precipitated war against Biafra thought that secession is an act of war. United Nation knew very little yet it passed resolutions to support Self- Determination.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Jflex07(m): 5:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
Felixalex:

Speak for urself.... If you are ready for war, people like me and many other young Igbo youths who have a dream bright future are not, Nigeria will hardly separate without a war, war does not benefit anyone...
Speak for yourself too Mr man. In this country we so hate each other. Nigeria can never be united. The tribal war on nairaland alone is alarming

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Flamezreal(m): 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMNN

RASS TALK
YOU LOST A REAL WAR
YOU LOST A DIPLOMATIC WAR
YOU LOST A MORAL WAR
YOU LOST A POLITICAL WAR
YOU LOST A JAW JAW WAR
YOU LOST A CHEST BEATING WAR
YOU LOST A THREAT WAR
YOU LOST A STRATEGIC WAR
NOW YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOOSE BIAFRA
SHAME NO DE CATCH YOU
PLESSE GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE AND HIDE
they lost referendum too. Now they're denying they've been clamouring for war all this while. Hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by axglide(m): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
Baroba:

Most of them are kids born in the 90s, war ain't no PlayStation.. Ndigbo I know will not fight another war anyway so am not even worried.. We need to fix this mistrust among ethnic groups.. May God bless Nigeria..

Am sorry to say, most of them are not successful business men. There're are countless business moguls of eastern origin that will never want to secede from Nigeria. I look at the youths agitating and i know their category.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by axglide(m): 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
Duru1:

Can someone with a bit cell brain tell this dumbass Okoroawusa that the quest for self- determination is not an invitation of war? Only dumbass jackasses such as Gowon and Nigeria that precipitated war against Biafra thought that secession is an act of war. United Nation knew very little yet it passed resolutions to support Self- Determination.

It is my brother in the face of IPOB. They said the Zoo will fall. Do you think the Soldiers trained to hold Nigeria as one will take such statements likely.

Such statements are invitations to war. Those statements are easily regarded as treasonable felony which was part of what Kanu was charged for.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2017
simplycarro:
Any phim again from IpoB, another Kaduna declaration will load. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lame...
Say something else

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by PointB: 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
Only idiots equate the call for self determination with call for war. Only idiots!

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by origima: 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
Are the Hausas ready for another civil war? This is just a battle between the Hausa and God's children. Everyone can go their way without a drop of blood or a sound of gun but when you share the same country with animals in human skin you should be ready for any thing.

.....and without mincing words I can tell the world that igbos are more than ready.

Who is God's children, bunch of drug peddlers,prostitudes,gangsters,kidnappers,armed robbers etc etc?The hausa!/Fulani's never fought Igbo's but the middle belt but if the Hausa/Fulani should rise against Igbo's in 74hours Igbo's are erased under the sun cos they don't have waters or boundaries to withstand the northerners

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by PointB: 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2017
axglide:

It is my brother in the face of IPOB. They said the Zoo will fall. Do you think the Soldiers trained to hold Nigeria as one will take such statements likely.

Such statements are invitations to war. Those statements are easily regarded as treasonable felony which was part of what Kanu was charged for.

The zoo has already fallen.

It's laughing stock world over. When will you see this?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2017
LionDeLeo:

They are mostly illiterates who can't read history books.

Even the lettered among them are the fraudsters.

And you think Nigeria will progress if we keep on deceiving ourselves that we are one?

The best solution for Nigeria now is for Hausa, yorubas and Igbo to be independent of each other, this collaboration has not helped us.

Tribalism is killing our unborn children, Igbos hate yorubas
yorubas hate igbos,
hausas too,

When we hate eachother, do you ever think we can work together?

The only reason am supporting Biafra, and I advice the Yorubas do the same is to make every region, use their talents and grow their new country.

is a shame, as large as Nigeria, 95% of our annual GDP comes from Rivers, Delta, and Bayalsa.

what are other states, excluding Lagos doing?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by LexngtonSteele: 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
Edu3Again:
IPOB simply say that we are leaving Nigeria due to the injustice being meted out to the SS& SE. embarassed

It's only barbarians that will react to someone leaving with violence. angry

Partnership is not by force, marriage is not by force. angry

Why do they want to fight to keep us with them, what are they scared of?

have you seen the budget?
The SS&SE contribute 90% to Nigeria's revenue, yet we only get back 14.4%
So those who contribute nothing get more than us, is that justice to you?

EQUALITYBREAK DOWN OF 2017 CAPITAL BUDGET AS ALLOCATED by Regions.

North Central N209 Billion

North West. N73.7 Billion.

South West. N48.97 Billion.

North East. N46.69 Billion.

South South. N35.31 Billion.

South East. N28.22 Billion.

Just North Central alone has more than the whole South South, South East & even the South West put together.

Listen to the Niger Delta man complain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnCRNA8B3rw

You have Ekweremandu who has legal training background and is Deputy Senate President.

You guys should tell him to stop asslicking SARAKI, an AFONJA by the way....and do his duties.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by axglide(m): 5:51pm On Jun 13, 2017
PointB:

The zoo has already fallen.

It's laughing stock world over. When will you see this?

Ok. It has fallen and some people are still getting jobs in it, making money, signing business agreements and smiling to the bank.

Ok i have heard.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Duru1(m): 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
Igboesika:
Who is calling for war for crying out loud ?.
They said they don't want to be part of this failed entity any longer... is that too much to ask ?. The world is getting advanced for you to force some group of people who refused to be part of you to identify with you.

On the other hand, if you say that referendum should be conducted for people to determine their future, some people will start telling you that you cannot have your country without war that we should tell our law makers to do that. The other day SE lawmakers commented on that, unity beggars said igbos are going no where that they cannot manage their own country

Now tell me ,....what can igbos do to satisfy unity beggars ?

Mind you, no country on earth has survived second civil war to be united. Anything war again is immediate disintegration whether the war is won by Biafrans or Nigeria. War will even fast rack disintegration.

As for okorocha , his opinion is worthless about igbos. He should continue building schools and hospitals for his brothers up north while IMO pensioners are languishing.
@boki wearing Igbo flesh.

Bros only debilitated dingbats will always associate the quest for self-determination with war. When the bloody rapscallions who cannot make solid argument for the continuation of failed colonial endeavor called Niger- Area for more than fifty years, they resort to calling of war as IPOB incessantly and methodically march toward the actualization of home land.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by PointB: 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
axglide:

Ok. It has fallen and some people are still getting jobs in it, making money, signing business agreements and smiling to the bank.

Ok i have heard.

No big deal.
Same with Somalia, Sudan, and Syria.

Internments and funerals are major business these days.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by malware: 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
Abeg see the list of kidnappers in Mr. Evans gang

1. Chukwudi Onuamadike
2. Nwosu Chukwuka
3. Suoyo Paul
4. Felix Chinemerem
5. Ikenna Emeka
6. Uchechukwu Amadi
7. Ogechi Amadi

This is tribalism,
Federal Character principle was not adhered to in forming this kidnap gang, they recruited only Igbos thereby marginalising Yoruba and Hausa kidnappers.

Senate must invite Evans unfailingly for this breach of Federal Character principle undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Flashmove: 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
maupe:

http://sunnewsonline.com/igbos-not-ready-for-another-civil-war-okorocha/

Something is wrong with Rochas. Must a war be fought for Igbos to get their nation, can't a country break away with handshakes?

All we saying is give us Biafra, Rochas was born and brought up in the North, he can join the north if he wishes.

Igbos can no longer be a slaves in their own soil. One Nigeria exist only on paper based on oil. Check the 2017 Budget sharing formula you will see pure wickedness they are melting to Igbos' HERE'S ONE NIGERIA YOU AGITATING FOR.

2017 BUDGET ALLOCATIONS FOR CAPITAL PROJECTS.

North Central - N209 billion
North West - N73.7 billion
South West - N48.97 billion
North East - N46.69 billion
South South - N35.31 billion
South East - N28.22 billion

How is Nigeria one nation? You will get 90℅ of the fund from the Oil rich Niger-Delta yet give them the least allocation for capital projects! This is an abnormal society.

Now, you know why they shout One Nigeria.

Copied.. We need Biafra !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by origima: 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
axglide:

Easier said than done. Go to war and endanger the innocent Women and Children, plus starvation.

I have said it and will keep saying it, IPOB should have started on the path of dialogue and not hate speech like kanu broadcasted via Radio Biafra.

He started with too much hate speech and now want a peaceful referendum? If I hear!

Statements like the Zoo will fall, are you kidding me? Even external nations as aggressors don't use such speech talkless of groups within a sovereign nation.

Another group on the path of dialogue might achieve their cause, but i doubt if this set of IPOB might achieve it.

Kanu can just reap the fruit of his labour with maybe a Governorship post for he can easily get that now and then remain a South East power broker.

Did Emeka Ojukwu won anything? KANU cannot win a councillor, forget this garagara.when the cheap are down unknown figure will floor him in election ring

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by axglide(m): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
PointB:

No big deal.
Same with Somalia, Sudan, and Syria.

Internments and funerals are major business these days.

Everywhere in the World the things you mentioned happen.

You said the zoo has fallen but everyday live goes on in it.

No problem, i have heard you.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by axglide(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
origima:

Did Emeka Ojukwu won anything? KANU cannot win a councillor, forget this garagara.when the cheap are down unknown figure will floor him in election ring

Hehehehehe grin

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2017
A wise man has spoken

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We're Shocked By Buhari's Silence On Illegal Attempt To Impeach Ortom - R-APC / Resign, Clear Your Name And Make History – Ex-minister To VP Osinbajo / Buhari Lands In Jos For APC Presidential Campaign Flag-Off(Pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.