Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,074 members, 7,821,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World (49376 Views)

Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States / Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
India leads!
Now interestingly, most of these countries have lesser populations than Nigeria e.g Argentina, France, Japan e.t.c so you may wonder who fill these universities up. Well it is Nigerians like you and I who take badly needed forex to study in these universities especially the UK. The Nigeria of the future must own enough quality private universities to serve our people and neighbouring countries. We must also begin to believe in our universities and contribute to its success at our various alma mater. We also must build universities that would serve our development in the Sciences and not just degree mills. Some few years ago it was recorded that Nigerians spent 1.5 trillion naira on education tourism and we would continually waste such money until we focus on making our universities top notch and quantitatively enough.

http://www.whichcountry.co/top-10-countries-with-most-universities-in-the-world/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by sbm060(m): 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
were is my country nigeria grin
ftc

7 Likes

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
sbm060:

ftc
Lol abeg I think its better the govt improves the ones we have first rather than trying to build more. Private individuals can go ahead to build new ones. However if its any consolation, by Webometrics or Times Higher(only UI) standards UI, Covenant university, UNN are better than most of these universities up there since they rank between 1000-2000 regularly, except for UI which ranks top 1000.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Teewhy2: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
I think when they do census of countries with the highest number of religious centers Nigeria can be number one, we spend more on religion than education. I believe if the number of religious centers and industries in Nigeria are interchange the country will not be in recession and crime rate will reduce drastically as many unemployed will be employed.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by phlamesG: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
Lol naija dey learn

I thought Nigeria would be among first 10 with D Numerous universities springing up here and there.

India sha upon all D universities, they no still dey developed like US or Britain

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by nattyjay(m): 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
Na India population cause am
But the ones in USA are still better off

3 Likes

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by NwaAmaikpe: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
shocked

Now I see why we have plenty Igbos in India..

It is the quest for knowledge.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Loop1: 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Now I see why we have plenty Igbos in India..

It is the quest for knowledge.

The same way you are many here developing nairaland on every thread grin .

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by four4: 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed I quickly click on the head line, thinking I am going to c my country at number 3 or 4 but to my surprise not not even in 1 to 10 and I do not even think it will be in top 1000
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by ifyan(m): 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hmm. The number of universities in Nigeria is not enough for the population
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by helphelp: 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Make dem do countries with the highest churches...

Make I faint if naija no carry first

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Codyt(m): 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Wow india has 8404!! I'm impressed

Not bad...
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by d33types: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
Bangladesh is enough proof that it is not about the number but quality

7 Likes

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by menwongo(m): 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
36 STATES AND CAPITALS
1 : KANO / mumu
2: Oyo / dirty
3: EDO / ashawo
4: CROSS RIVER / kerewa
5: LAGOS / Agbero
6: IMO / bride price
7: DELTA / ogogoro
8: ENUGU / runs girls
9: OGUN / juju
10: Anambra / blood money
11:Bornu / boko haram
12 Abia/ bad roads
13: Abuja /Corporate thieves
14: Benue / free of charge
15: ondo / Aja (dog)
16: Akwa Ibom / housemaid
17: Bayelsa / Militant
18: Zamfara / Sharia
19: Sokoto / Four wives
20: Osun / fear fear
21: Kwara / Big nyash
22: Plateau / Crisis
23: Rivers / cultist
24:Kaduna/ mai kosai
25: kastina/ fura da nono
26: jigawa/almajiri
27: kogi/bleaching gals
28: Adamawa/ gold digers
29: EKiti/stubbornness
PLZ add your own ...

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by ONeMAnMOPOL: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
sbm060:

ftc
grin
sbm060:

ftc
Country that the president is missing for months now...... Is that one a country?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Iloveafrica: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Schools On Strike In The World

1. Nigeria
2. Nigeria
3. Nigeria
4. Nigeria
5. Nigeria
6. Nigeria
7. Nigeria
8. Nigeria
9. Nigeria
10. Add yours.. ......

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
Impresso
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by cutieberie1(f): 8:10pm On Jun 13, 2017
sbm060:

ftc

Ask buhari grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by pmc01(m): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
Na to go build University for abroad, make I fit share for the 1.5 trillion naira wey Nigerians dey carry comot.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Desdola(m): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
Very nice
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by sosonwa(f): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
and someone like chukadiho1 was bragging about Nigeria's education system.

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Noblebrown7(m): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by mirabel001(f): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
ok
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by kaymart: 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
in naija, the lecturers, school managements and even the government make you feel as though they are doing you great favour by providing you education even though you have to pay through your nose to get it. From the rigours you have to go through in gaining admission, to the afflicted lecturers-induced difficulty and so on. You can gain admission into a university in UK while sitting in a corner of your living room here in Nigeria. All that is required is an internet facility and necessary credentials. Other nations canvass for people to become educated but here, it's the reverse, you need to work extremely hard to get it. Little wonder why people want to worship the certificates, 'cos they worked too hard to get it....Their certificates becomes their only investment and thus, their only means for survival. Their creative minds becomes so narrowed such that in the end, the education obtained becomes not so impactful to themselves and their society.

Hmmm

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by isbish(m): 8:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
I think Nigeria may be leading in the area of numbers of Churches we have. the number is around 78900. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Anticqz: 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nigeria should be in number 50 with their low standard universities..even the private ones are still struggling...
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by danigbo(m): 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
Quality or Quantity ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by light95: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
That guy up there said something grin grin
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by chuksjuve(m): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
where is Nigeria??
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by Olusharp(m): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Re: 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World by BrutalJab: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
embarassed Where is the Giant of Aphrica on the list

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Evils Of Boarding School, Why You Must Raise Your Children From Home / Aerial View Of FUTO Owerri- PICTURES / 15 Exam Cheats Now Born Again Return Their WAEC Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.