Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Dear Muslims, Why Is Your Faith True While All Other Faiths Are False? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dear Muslims, Why Is Your Faith True While All Other Faiths Are False? (480 Views)

Canadian Mathematician Tried To Prove Quran False, Ended Up Accepting Islam / Muslims: Why Doesn't Allah Forgive The Sin Of Adultery? / Muslims: Why Did Mohammed Forbid His Wives From Re-marrying After His Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Muslims, Why Is Your Faith True While All Other Faiths Are False? by Ioseph(m): 12:22am On Jun 14, 2017
La ilaha ilallah, "There is only one god and that god is allah". This is a common belief within Islam and you will hear it everywhere in the Muslim World, from Turkey to Saudi Arabia, From Afghanistan to Indonesia. Indeed one of the core parts of Islam is the recognition that no other god exists but the Muslim god, Allah.

But what is the proof of this?

How do you know that "there is no god but Allah". How do you know that any of the other world religions is less true than that of Islam? What if Islam is the wrong religion, and there is another which is correct?

Asking this question could get me killed in many Muslim countries. Many Muslims clearly do not like thought-provoking questions!!! shocked
Which is why I ask this online, where there is not the threat of me getting executed or gang attacked. wink

So what's the deal?

P.s. Please don't use the "Muslims are a big demographic so clearly Islam is right" argument, it's silly. In the past, most Muslims did not convince non-Muslims to join Islam through debate. They generally just invaded and killed anyone who disagreed! How is that proving your religion? Imagine if the US or Russia got taken over by Christian psychos and they pressed the button to fire all missiles at non-Christian world regions, would that prove that Islam was wrong and Christianity was right? No! It would just mean that millions of people and whole countries were murdered so that there was nobody left to criticize Christianity! angry
Re: Dear Muslims, Why Is Your Faith True While All Other Faiths Are False? by AlBaqir(m): 2:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ioseph:
La ilaha ilallah, "There is only one god and that god is allah". This is a common belief within Islam and you will hear it everywhere in the Muslim World, from Turkey to Saudi Arabia, From Afghanistan to Indonesia. Indeed one of the core parts of Islam is the recognition that no other god exists but the Muslim god, Allah.

But what is the proof of this?

How do you know that "there is no god but Allah". How do you know that any of the other world religions is less true than that of Islam? What if Islam is the wrong religion, and there is another which is correct?

# First, you seem to have deviated from your own formulated topic " Why Is Your Faith True While All Other Faiths Are False?)". While that is your topic which I can view on various angle, you switch to "Muslim 'god' called Allah". You hardly finish this before setting " a deal" on "P.s" how Muslim force Islam down the throat of people.

My experience so far on online dialogue, it has to have structure otherwise its gonna be a zigzag back and forth meaningless argument.

# Second, since you have chosen a topic "Muslim god called Allah", I assumed that is exactly where you want us to start.

* For the record, before the advent of Muhammadan Islam to the Arab world, Arabic word which had been in use since time immemorial for Supreme being, the Creator of heaven and earth and what is in them, is " Allah".

* For the record, Arab Christians and Arab Jews whose mother tongue is Arabic language, since time immemorial till date, with their Bible and Torah, use the arabic word "Allah" to signify God Almighty.

* I am a Yoruba man and in my native language, Oluwa, Olorun, Eledumare are common words for God. I believe, if you are not a Yoruba you will surely have a word for God. Mind you, the word "God" too is an English word.

* It is ignorance for anybody based on language usage to say "Muslim god called 'Allah'". This is the reason Quran, which is revealed in Arabic surprisingly says:

"Say, call (upon) 'Allah', or call (upon) Ar-Rahman (The Beneficent); By whatever (name) you invoke, to Him (belongs) the Most Beautiful Names. And (do) not be loud in your prayers and not be silent therein, but seek between that a way." {surah Israi, chapter 17: 110}

Real question
# What your main question or challenge, however, should rather be is what is the qualities of God as described by Muslim to make it different, true or fake to other faith?!

# Obviously, the Islamic concept of God is far different from Christianic concept; hence, we do not seem to be worshipping same God.

Those are the areas I think we should look critically at.

Ioseph:

Asking this question could get me killed in many Muslim countries. Many Muslims clearly do not like thought-provoking questions!!! shocked
Which is why I ask this online, where there is not the threat of me getting executed or gang attacked. wink

# I agree with you. Some Muslims are paranoid, insecure and intolerable. Obviously, this cannot be said to all. And this cannot be said of the Quran. There are lots of challenges posed by the Christians, Jews, Atheists, polytheist to the Prophet of Islam, and he never condemned anyone or rebuke or kill them rather he answered them intellectually and philosophically.

# All in all, thank God you ask yours online.

Ioseph:

So what's the deal?

P.s. Please don't use the "Muslims are a big demographic so clearly Islam is right" argument, it's silly. In the past, most Muslims did not convince non-Muslims to join Islam through debate. They generally just invaded and killed anyone who disagreed! How is that proving your religion? Imagine if the US or Russia got taken over by Christian psychos and they pressed the button to fire all missiles at non-Christian world regions, would that prove that Islam was wrong and Christianity was right? No! It would just mean that millions of people and whole countries were murdered so that there was nobody left to criticize Christianity! angry

# I cannot defend Muslim's history in spreading Islam after the demise of the Prophet Muhammad but I can defend how Quran want us to propagate Islam, and how practically the Prophet of Islam propagated Islam.

# Post Muhammad spread of Islam is largely by sword, conquering of territories, slavery etc. The spread of Christianity to the world at a time equally followed same trend. Christians are usually do run away from this historical facts or ignorant of it.

So we are both guilty of the same crime.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

German Study Finds Radicalized Muslims Have Little Actual Knowledge Of Islam / Saudi Officials Apologise To Nigerian Pilgrims Maltreated At Madina Airport / 20 Common Mistakes People Make In Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.