Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,484 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! (1296 Views)

Computer Science And Computer Engineering. Which One Is More Better To Study? / Computer Engineering Training Course Outline. Somebody Help Me / I Need A Project Topic For Computer Engineering Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by VURN(m): 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2010
Hello N'landers,
I could remember when i was preparing to enter school, so happy not only because i got admission without delay but because i was also given d course i've always wanted to do. When i use to tell people of my course that those who did not know much about d course thought it was all about operating a computer center while those who knew about it always asked if i was ready to calculate in 0's and 1's. I never understood what they meant by ZEROS and ONES until i got to my 300 level. Since then, most of my courses are in binary. Digital designs here and there. Flip flops, binary counters, sequence detectors, logic stuffs. I just thought of a thread where students can bring up digital problem so we can iron out together and also talk on other things relating to d course. Any one who has knowledge of what's on d table is also welcome. Potential computer students are welcome too.
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by kupel: 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
if you can trace the origin of computer, is logic and everything about computer and it's chips is logic which is ability to reason right. study well ,
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by 212blaze(m): 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2010
im an intending computer engineer, i wanta know the difference btwn computer science and computer engineering??
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by v3: 9:46am On Jan 23, 2010

Computer engineering is more of troubleshooting & assembly, while the latter involves logical reasoning, computation and precise programming to achieve favorable results. cool

Studied Com. Science too.
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by yemi221(m): 10:53am On Jan 23, 2010
nice tread am also an undergraduate of electronics and comp eng
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by VURN(m): 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2010
@212blaze
computer science is about the gaining of the knowledge of the operations of the computer and the application of this knowledge in solving everyday problems, more of software(programming)
while computer engineering encompasses computer science and then, the troubleshootings and designs of the microprocessor systems, cpu etc. Mind you anyone can repair computers.
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by VURN(m): 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2010
Please does any one know which textbook illustrates memory addressing, memory mapping and computer architecture well. Please don't mention Toci.
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 23, 2010
hp com. sci is nt dat hard cos dats wat am about to study.

bt i hav a litle knowledge of i.t though.
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by selencious(f): 2:46am On Jan 24, 2010
Y'all,im a computer Science major;really good at programming;C++. Would be back to campus on sunday(Tomorrow). This semester, I would be taking Java classes and CS 103;Im not very good at Java . Please, if anyone here is a genius at Java, please let me know. I would need some extra help with mi projects. We usually given up to 15 projects in a semester. Thanks smiley smiley smiley
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by koseepaaro(m): 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2010
I all in the house.

I am already a computer technician (a computer engineer, as we all call it) . I began to repair computer for both home users and also small companies since year 2003 after I passed out of secondary school. Though, I have not pass my O'level result until last year 2009 (GCE). But now that my O'Level result is ready, I am intending to study computer science in Yaba Tech, though, I am a little bit experience in computer repair (according to those that I work for) but i don't know whether my decision to stody computer science in Yaba Tech is right.

Pease, I need your advice on this.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by VURN(m): 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2010
Have you secured the admission already in yaba? If yes, then go ahead. The fact that you can repair computer is an added advantage if you go into computer engineering, specializing in hardware but hardware is not all about repairing computers. Try to know what you are good in, but computer engineering is made of computer science and the designs of digital systems like security doors, robots, and stuffs like that.
Re: Computer Engineering Students Meet Here! by VURN(m): 11:06pm On Jan 25, 2010
@selencious

you can make yourself good in java if you want. It's about practices. Do you have a PC? You can download forte for java from here http://sun.com/forte/ Forte is an IDE for java that's free and works well. You can also download oracle 8i personal edition from http://otn.oracle.com/software/products/8i_personal/software_index.htm You'll have to register with otn first but it's free. You install and use it as database for your study. I'd definitely recommend you do this; most enterprise programming these days uses oracle to store data. Oracle knowledge is very valuable. You can write to me if you care for more talks, Valvurn@yahoo.ca
lest i forget, google out javaforums where you can register and take your problems/projects to and get useful results. I'll study java soon coz i'm occupied now. I hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need The List Of Private Public Schools In Lagos State Pls Anybody Help / Kerpersky Antivirus Current Key / Bad News For Bloggers; Mobile Browsing Overtakes Desktop Browsing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.