Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,446 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) (50782 Views)

NURTW Office Collapses In Ibadan As Taofeek Oyerinde Escapes Tragedy / LONDON FIRE: Luxury Flats Acquired For Grenfell Tower Fire Survivors / London Fire: Muslims Up Early For Ramadan May Have Saved Tower Residents' Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by PrettyCrystal: 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
A massive fire engulfed a residential high-rise building in London on Wednesday, leaving at least 74 people injured and 12 dead. The London Fire Brigade dispatched at least 40 fire engines, 20 ambulance crews and more than 200 firefighters in an effort to battle the conflagration, at the 24-story Grenfell Tower in West London.

A Nigerian woman (pictured) said she woke up to find the fire and got her grandson out. She said no one came to her aid. No one raised an alarm.

The fire brigade spokesperson confirmed she had never seen that kind of fire in her entire career. The Fire Brigade is being criticized for being slow in its response.

Authorities said they are monitoring the stability of the charred structure, but that firefighters have managed to search "most" of the building for remaining people.

The Metropolitan Police Service confirmed the rising death toll at a press conference on Wednesday.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/london-fire-high-rise-building-nigerian-woman-escapes.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by ojkalito(m): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
No matter d situation or condition Nigerians always find a way to survive...Nigerians una tough I HAIL O

174 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by PrettyCrystal: 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by PrettyCrystal: 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by ekensi01: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hmmmm it seems that Nigerians abroad have a specific camera watching then. e no d hard to say Nigerian did dis or dat.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by teekay213(m): 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
She told death eye to eye not today.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Ajewealth123(m): 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2017
Even our aged one's aren't left out when it comes to surviving
If you check am well well na Yoruba mama she go be,

Anybody that's gonna quote me,no say I no warn you o

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
shocked

Why didn't she die

This is unfair to those who died.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by tociano009(m): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by fineboynl(m): 7:14pm On Jun 14, 2017
wow. but how manage the fire got to the whole building.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by free2ryhme: 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
This is the most luckiest woman alive
Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Deeypeey(m): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2017
happy fr her oo
Did anybody see d part whr it says the fire service were slow on the response? If na Nigeria,all of una go don dey crucify the government and the fire service....even the so-called advanced countries get faults.
meanwhile... Nigeria teaching u extreme survival techniques... can u imagine?!...as this woman old reach, she still agile pass jet li in his prime....mama,I salute u...

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by free2ryhme: 9:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
This is beyond sad. My heart hurts for everybody involved and affected. I'm lost for words.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
May
Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Sunofgod(m): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2017
Wickedness .....people fleeing the building didn't even alert her.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Xhaka100(m): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why didn't she die

why don't u ever have sense This is unfair to people that have.

121 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by sirugos(m): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
teekay213:
She told death eye to eye not today.
come again pls

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by SexyNairalander: 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
booked
Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Surd2121(m): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why didn't she die

this dude is sick

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Markikus: 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Why didn't she die
Your mumu no get okrika

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by akraym(m): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Damn
Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by auntysimbiat(f): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Happy for her oo..

SERIOUS FIRE ACCIDENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JasV9yJZeHo
Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by superior494(m): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
I thank God for her
Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Evidenx(m): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why didn't she die

NwaAmaikpe you dont always have logical reasons or good things to say,someone escaped death instead of u to thank God for her,u are asking a useless question,Go and die in her place then,idiot!!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by awonwerey: 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Why didn't she die

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by free2ryhme: 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why didn't she die

you are a useless human being

you for go kill am, okponu

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Iloveafrica: 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
ojkalito:
No matter d situation or condition Nigerians always find a way to survive...Nigerians una tough I HAIL O
wat is your problem? I didn't see any comment here when I was about typing, but after typing and posting, I found out that u have forst me to comment, asumming this topic hits front page, u have stolen my mandate, are they using u to do me from village?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
Haba! Where is your sense?

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why didn't she die

Meanwhile, there are speculations that the fire is the work of ISIS angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
fineboynl:
wow. but how manage the fire got to the whole building.

I suspect this was a terror attack. The source of the fire is allegedly an exploding fridge. How does a fridge explode? Investigations may reveal more

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by hilroy: 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2017
I thank God for your life and the life of your grandson Mama
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Why didn't she die

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by policy12: 9:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
Thank God

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Escapes The London Fire Tragedy With Her Grandson (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 9:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
Survival lomo

Nigerians no dey carry last

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Cost Of Renting A 1 Bedroom Apartment In Lagos 2022 / 19 Buildings In Banana Island Sealed By Lagos Government Over Planning Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.