Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Mark Angel Comedy Has Just Set A New Youtube Record For Doing THIS! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mark Angel Comedy Has Just Set A New Youtube Record For Doing THIS! (586 Views)

Bbnaija; Teddy A Has Just Been Evicted From Big brother Naija 2018 House / Yemi Alade Breaks Another Youtube Record / Mark Angel Comedy Breaks Youtube Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Angel Comedy Has Just Set A New Youtube Record For Doing THIS! by supernova094(m): 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2017
Virtually every millennial in Nigeria has heard of Mark Angel Comedy, I presume. Most especially the duo of Mark Angel himself and the most beloved and illustrious Emmanuella.

Well, your favorite YouTube comedians just set a new YouTube record for being the most subscribed channel in Nigeria with a whooping 1,000,000+ subscriber base!

I know you’re probably wondering right now, “What of the likes of Wizkid and the rest of the A-list bunch?” Mark Angel Comedy, by some stroke of miracle actually surpassed all of them… even PSquare!

Let’s take a look at the YouTube channels of some of the most mouthed artistes in the country for the basis of this case study.

PSquare comes in at 500k+, surprisingly even after taking in virtually the most video views compared to most top Nigerian artistes. Their “Shekini” video closed at 50 million views and “Personally” surpassed it for a mind blowing 74 million views!

Wizkid’s subscriber base is a mere 158k+ despite featuring the likes of international acts such as Drake, Tinnie Temper and the lot.

But that’s as far as music goes. The comedy and music niches differ. Why don’t we compare stats with top comedy acts in Nigeria to really understand where Mark Angel Comedy stands.

Supposed king of comedy, Basketmouth has (I myself couldn’t believe it) just 57k+ subscribers.

Bovi at 47k+ and AY aggregated the most we checked at 256,294. I didn’t even find any video of Bovi and Basket that reached up to a million views! You’ll agree with me that these are virtually the top three comedians in Nigeria. Unfortunately their YouTube channels don’t agree with that.

But take a look at new comer, Mark Angel Comedy which began only 4 years ago on YouTube. I think these statistics shows some serious future prospects for these guys. They have several individual skits aggregating millions of views (from merely one year ago).

Meanwhile, the group is speculated to be on their way to receive something called a Gold Creator Award from YouTube , a plaque presented to channel owners who reach 1 million subscribers. We sincerely wish them the best in their endeavors.

Source: http://thelekkipost.com/mark-angel-comedy-has-just-set-new/
Re: Mark Angel Comedy Has Just Set A New Youtube Record For Doing THIS! by etzskillz(m): 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
keep soaring mark and emmanuella
Re: Mark Angel Comedy Has Just Set A New Youtube Record For Doing THIS! by etzskillz(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
is it footballer Emmanuella and striper mark Angel
Re: Mark Angel Comedy Has Just Set A New Youtube Record For Doing THIS! by nairalandbuzz(m): 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
Most of which are not Nigerians... The first 50 comments in their videos are sometimes not even from Africans.

(1) (Reply)

Craytv Nigeria / Rationaltv Official Nairaland Page / Are U A Nollywood Movie Lover? This Is For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.