Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,193 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake (735 Views)

How Many Nairaland Mods Are Still Active And How Does One Become A Mod? / Battle For Heaven,real?how Much Sure Are You? / Complaint And Direct Message To Nairaland Mods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake by holocron: 1:26am On Jun 15, 2017
For the love of God, Rule 2 must be enforced, if decency, humanity, and reasonable intellectual discourse must prevail on this forum.

This great forum is fast degenerating into a cacophony of petty and foolish squabbles on ethnicity. I wont call it tribe because it was the colonialist who invented that term and imposed it on us as part of the dehumanizing process of white domination. And rather than cast it off now that 'his' influence has waned, yet we persist on our now self-inflicted mental prison. This young generation that was casted to represent a new African, free of colonial mental enslavement is now mired in self delusion and inferiority complex.

Everywhere on nairaland, if its not tribe this, its tribe that. Yes inferiority complex! Because it is only that which lacks a sense of personal worth or achievement that is desperate to latch unto the achievements of others in the name of tribe. At a time when the world is abandoning even nationalism (that larger concept of tribe) in favour of multi ethnic states and inter-national regional groupings, our youth are going backwards to ethnicity.

As the operators of a popular and influential forum as this, the founders and mods have a social responsibility to guide discussions, and censure negative ideas.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake by ajigiteri(m): 1:33am On Jun 15, 2017
Seriously I am tired, afonja this Igbo that. Seun should do something quickly, nairaland is now a forum that promote tribal intolerance courtesy of daft members who don't know anything apart from checking names up and down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake by lekejob(m): 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
I think Seun too likes it, may be because of traffic during those discussions, but I think nairaland has out grown begging for traffic, please do the needful, anybody that violate the rule should be ban
Re: Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake by Seun(m): 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2017
Have you been using the report button?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake by Mcowubaba: 3:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
Seun:
We have..
But I think the cases of Rule 2 breakers are too much for the moderators to handle...
I may be wrong in my assumptions though

Even if someone is banned, the person opens another account almost immediately to continue his career of Tribal bigotry..

Is it possible to ban IP addresses? Specific IP addresses of serial defaulters.
Won't this be a good measure?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake by Evablizin(f): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
Seriously op i support you,you see unspeakable hatred in people's comments and mentions,which is not the way forward,Afonja attacking Igbos,Arewa attacking Ipob Nawa oo,i don't want to believe that NL forum is a battle field where words is used as weapon.SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
Op I am with you.

I am tired of all the Tribal memes and jokes. It is getting too much.
Re: Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake by Beverages: 10:56pm On Jun 17, 2017
Seun:

Why your signature?

why hike data price?
Re: Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake by feelgoodInc: 2:21am On Jun 18, 2017
What happened to freedom of speech?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9886728842

Read up and know your rights, this is a forum, we all have the right to express ourselves however, whenever, if ever we want, it's not the mods fault that you clicked on any topic, it's your fault that you read the topic and saw how biased it was and decided to click it, it's time we start realizing that people have a different point of view from ours and live with that,
I believe in the forum and I think it's in it's best. my advice is don't click on a topic you don't agree with.

Ethnicity has always been a part of this country so get used to it or travel out of your state and see the culture shock around this country.
I mean do you really believe people are that good and nice? aren't you asking for too much?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mods: Enforce Rule 2 For Heaven's Sake by NairalandCS(m): 11:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
Most, if not all are just online trolls who are just having fun.

Don't take it seriously op.

(1) (Reply)

*** Make Money With Facebook Account - 500 Dollars Everyday... Using FWF / The New Reward / Who Wants To Go Swimming Today ?!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.