Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,249 members, 7,867,649 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:35 PM

Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived (1001 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor Asks Members To Pay $5,000 For Mantle In Morris Cerullo Churc / Apostle Lawrence Achudume Asks Members To Drop N5K In His Hand For Blessing / Prophet Mboro Asks Members To Wave Their Pants And Touch Their Private Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by callydon(m): 8:37am On Jun 15, 2017
Nigerian highly placed cleric, founder and General Overseer of the Kingsway International Christian Center, KICC, Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo has shocked his viewers after he compelled his congregants to give a thousand dollars for every year each of them had lived on earth.

Pastor Ashimolowo already is worth over $10 million.

He demanded in a church service that his members give what he described “the seed of Glorious expectation”, which is according to the number of years they have lived on earth.

Kingsway International Christian Center is located in the United Kingdom with branches in Nigeria.

The pastor said in the video:

“For every year you have lived on earth, I want you to give a N100… No sorry, a N1000 naira.
“If you have lived on earth for 35 years, you give N35,000. You have lived 60 years, you give N60,000.
“Those who are paying in dollars to the left while those paying in naira to the right.
“Thousand dollars to the left, thousand naira to the right, those that are doing the both, to the middle.
“Get out of your seats.”

The video was shared by controversial Nigerian On Air Personality, OAP, Daddy Freeze, who has always frowned at the ways men of God in Nigeria live flamboyant lifestyle, while their members suffer to pay tithe and offerings.

OAP Freeze wrote, “Nigerians, their IQ of 67 and their men of God. Come and give a thousand dollars for every year you have lived?”

“Can you show me anywhere in the Bible where Jesus used this ‘fund raising’ approach? I remember 5 loaves and 2 fishes but 1000 dollars?”

See video:

Source: http://www.fullgist.com.ng/2017/06/pastor-ashimolowo-compels-members-to.html

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by obataokenwa(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2017
After reading Kenneth Hagin book on MIDAS TOUCH (A Biblical Approach To Prosperity). No one will ever force me to give money that I didn't decide to give by myself. from the book, I discovered the right way to give. The whole gimmicks used my men of God to extort money from members are listed in there too. Many pastors are thieves and only care about living in affluence. Thank God I came across that book.

if I'm in this type of church, I will never stand up cos such giving don't have basis in the scriptures. This is the main giving approved in the Bible...

Jam 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.

and this... for the pastors and not to be forced...

1Co 9:11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, [is it] a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

Every other method is gimmicks.

please everyone should get this book and read and know better. Those givings is not even the qualifications to prosper as preachers made us to understand. please, read the book and don't allow anyone deceive you again.
The book also taught me that giving without hard work and doing your best to get promoted in the office or your business won't also guarantee you prosperity. this book will help everyone Pls. read and know better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 15, 2017
It's left for his members to obliged moreover how does this concern us? Let the gullible members face their Oga

1 Like

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by randomperson: 10:01am On Jun 15, 2017
D
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by felixomor: 10:18am On Jun 15, 2017
randomperson:
D

Book the space very well cheesy
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by Victornezzar: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2017
Choi
all ways 2 collect money don close
he just tried dis method grin grin
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by OtemAtum: 11:34am On Jun 15, 2017
Is it still possible in this atmosphere of gullible sheeple converting to thinkers? Video or adonbelieve Ashimmolowo said this.

Modified:

Yeepa! Mo gbe! E gba mi o!
I just watched the video and he truly said that shocked
Doctufos read book of truth must document it down for the future generations to see our follies.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by Topgainer: 1:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
Two gangs of false prophets
On one hand are the magicians and spellcasters, who often go with the name of Prophet Dr or Senior Apostle Dr,. They specialize in stage Gimmicks and Circus shows with varying claims of possessing the ability to give Solutions. Most are uneducated husslers hatched mainly in Nigeria and Ghana.

The second are the sweet talking, inspiration speakers who for a token of your seeds, reecho Bible verses with swag. They go with the name Pastor or Bishop, most are educated and have foreign partners. They work by intimidation using the wealth they acquired from the business. This group hardly engage in stage miracle like making 'lame work' out of wheelchair but rely on fabricated stories of their supernatural prowess to hoodwink the gullible. e.g. I 'layed' my hands on a young man who dashed me $5000 from his business loan, two days ago, and today he received $5 million from nowhere into his bank account. How they get people to believe stories more daring than this, I can't just tell.

Both groups are robbers and thieves armed with tricks, book of Moses and business sense they go on extorting people.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by felixomor: 1:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
Wrong headline.

He said,
"A thousand dollars" or "a thousand naira for every year"

Op, you are blowing things out of proportion.
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by hopefulLandlord: 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
let me book this space
Re: Pastor Ashimolowo Asks Members To Pay $1,000 Dollars 4each Year They Have Lived by Nymbols1(m): 2:46pm On Jun 15, 2017

(1) (Reply)

How do Atheists view the Nigerian National Anthem/Pledge? / I Think Am Becoming A Big Fan Of Daddy Freeze / More Reason To Thank God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.