Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

All You Need To Know About The 4K Ultra HD Tv’s - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / All You Need To Know About The 4K Ultra HD Tv’s (527 Views)

Mx9 Pro 4k Ultra Hd Android Tv Box For Sales / MX9 Pro 4k Ultra HD Android Tv Box / Epitome Of Luxury: Checkout The Top 10 Ultra HD 4K Smart Tvs Of 2018 (PHOTOS). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All You Need To Know About The 4K Ultra HD Tv’s by Datevilme: 11:11am On Jun 15, 2017
If like me, you have heard about 4k televisions and ultra HD resolutions, then you must be wondering what it is really about. Well, you are about to find out.

What is 4K?

Used correctly, 4K actually refers to 4,096 x 2,160 resolution, while Ultra HD (UHD) refers to a 3,840 x 2,160 pixels resolution. So 4K is actually the wrong name used to describe a 3,840 x 2,160 pixels resolution. However most people use both names (4K and UHD) interchangeably, so the distinction isn’t really there anymore. Also, what you would normally refer to as a full HD tv has 1,920 x 1,080, so obviously the 4K/UHD is much higher.

Why Should I Buy a 4K Tv?

Well, as you can imagine, the added resolution gives you clearer pictures with higher definition, resulting in real like images, it will be as if you are looking through a window. The effect is more noticeable on larger screens, say 50 inches and above. I bet if you upgraded from your HD 50 inches Tv to a 4K, you will appreciate the difference.

What is 4K Content?

4K content are pictures captured with devices capable of 4K capturing. So, for a video to be 4K content, it has to actually be captured with a 4K resolution. Along with standard professional cameras, modern high-end smartphones from Apple, Samsung, HTC, etc also support 4K video recording.

Did i forget to mention that Sony’s Playstation 4 Pro and Microsoft’s Xbox One X offer some of their games in native 4K resolution. Talk about an unparalleled gaming experience. Although your 4k Tv will upscale HD and other standard definition pictures to match its 4K count, it doesn’t mean those contents are 4K content.

Where Can I Watch 4K Content?

Presently, the dominant source of 4K content is the internet. Sites such as Netflix and YouTube enable you stream 4K content. You can even download 4K Videos/Movies online, put it in a USB drive and play it on your 4K Tv. 4K content is catching up quickly, so expect the likes of DSTV and others to start showing channels in 4K. Imagine watching the next champions league final in Ultra High Definition, must be nice!

How Much Can I Get One?

Well, before running out to get one, make sure you are buying a recent 4K Tv. Reason being the constant changes of this new standard has rendered older 4k Tv sets kinda obsolete, as they do not support many new features. So its better you go for something made in 2016 and later.
I’m not going to be too specific on pricing. However, depending on your specifications, you can get one for as low as 200k (₦200,000). Prices go way up to the millions for higher end products.
http://techguy.ng/what-is-4k-ultra-hd-tvs/
Re: All You Need To Know About The 4K Ultra HD Tv’s by Baloguncred(m): 12:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
200k might be too for such device.
Re: All You Need To Know About The 4K Ultra HD Tv’s by Datevilme: 1:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
Baloguncred:
200k might be too for such device.

Might be too? dont get
Re: All You Need To Know About The 4K Ultra HD Tv’s by Soulsymbol99: 10:29am On Jun 18, 2017
Omo dat tin is clearer dan Wot ur eyes see normally grin

(1) (Reply)

Migingo Island The Most Densely Populated Island In Africa / Python Dance Operation - 2017 Latest Nigerian Movies African Nollywood Movies / Buy And Install Your Tstv Full Kit At An Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.